Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyrrha Ω's CE is pretty awesome...

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've decided to stick with good old insecure and apologetic Pyrrha. Mostly because after comparing the movesets I find more stuff I like on regular Pyrrha. But also because I just didn't feel like going through the story mode to unlock her right now :P I'll get around to it eventually.

I really just wanted to stick with 3 characters but after seeing what some people were doing with the rest of the cast I can tell that's probably not going to happen anymore...

Get a feel for all of the characters in the game. You will get more of out of the game and you will have a better idea of how to fight against those characters.

I started messing with the replay mode yesterday. I wish the system save more of my matches from day -1 instead of just the last 8. Better than nothing. Plus it should give people more of an idea of how stupid good Pyrrha is.

I really like Pyrrha Omega a lot right now, but just having issues trying to find a good way to mix her high/low attacks up right now. It seems like most of her better moves come out pretty slow. What are a few good quick moves to make my opponent respect me more when pressured? I'm also loving her step moves.

I dont see pyrrha as being much better from these vids(not saying she isn't but as far as the tools you two were using I didn't notice the difference). Also 66A is AA punishable on both sides in this match up. Good show.

I think Pyrrha is stronger because of the tools that she has available to her, but she's not that much stronger that Pyrrha Omega. They're both two of the best characters in the game so far, but it's only day 2, so who know what can change, especially with patching.

I just can't wait to spend some more time in training mode, play in my first tournament using her, and destroy more noobs online. I want that top PSN ranking.

Played a bit today again and i definately think regular pyrha is better however.. i still like o.pyrrha more cause of her voice, so ill be going with her :P

hi, my first post here :P
for me it looks like that Pyrrha got much better BE moves, while PhyrraO got a better 236B4, at least it looked like it watching that sick wall combo video.
What do you all think about Elysium? she looks like the worst of them, having PhyrraO's movelist but without that nice 236B4. I am kinda sad of this, cause i love Elysium's outfit :/

elysium's outfit is awesome lol ... just wish she didn't have that veil on. if u armor break her, it comes off ... but so does everything else lol

~~~

after playing a lot with pyrrha and pomega, I can't seem to find any advantage to using pomega other than damage and wall combo stuff. having sophi's 66b is nice ... but really all of her decent or good moves are unsafe. playing against another pyrrha / omega I think is going to be a nightmare ... get stab punished for everything all day =\

unfortunately her be's suck and her ce only really hits for full damage on "standing" opponents ... -____-;;

I wish Elysium's outfit was available also.

I'm also coming to the same conclusion as Kane. Her lows suck, the moves that could be good are unsafe, the hitbox on her 236A sucks, her BEs suck. I'm down to just AA and BB all day now. Good luck fighting against Pyrrha or other punishment type characters.

I would switch to regular Pyrrha since she's actually OP, but I'm going to ride it out. Good luck to those who stick with her.

Also, check me on YouTube for match videos and shit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sugarandstryfe?feature=watch

hm Kane and Malice i know there is the difference on the lows and BEs and some different moves, but are ALL moves unsafe that PhyrraO has exclusive? or are u kinda overreacting? i dont know, somehow i cant believe that all of Phyrras moves that are good are also save while PhyrraO just has no safe good moves? sound not right.
guess i have to see it on my own when the games comes tomorrow :/

New here, but been playing SC since the first one on the dreamcast. Always mained Mina, but now that she is gone I had to find someone else.

Omega Phyrra just clicked for me. Sure Phyrra is good to, but I enjoy playing Omega more. Maybe it's just the brutality of her moves, or I can pull off her moves better the Phyrra.

Yeah, I haven't need many great BE's with Omega, but I think she does pretty well without them, and that is amazing. I normally just save my meter for CE, since that does so much damage and is quite fast. I can counter alot of slightly slower moves with that CE.

I think what a good Omega needs to do is be able to always pull off the extended throw from her BG throw all the time, and also always get the extra damage from that 22BB(just) move. I believe that is the right combination. If you can get those all the time, the crazy damage you can do is amazing. Sure she doesn't have the crazy stuff Phyrra can pull off with BE, but Omega can do just as much with out using any meter, so one can use GI's. So few people want to waste the meter for that, that it gives Omega another means of countering.

hm Kane and Malice i know there is the difference on the lows and BEs and some different moves, but are ALL moves unsafe that PhyrraO has exclusive? or are u kinda overreacting? i dont know, somehow i cant believe that all of Phyrras moves that are good are also save while PhyrraO just has no safe good moves? sound not right.
guess i have to see it on my own when the games comes tomorrow :/

hi Malec,

well PO is very punishable against characters with a good -14/15 frame punisher. for example, against another pyrrha/ PO:

236b is 236b punishable
236a is 236b punishable
3b and 66k are 236b punishable [even though both pyrrha's have it]
236236b is 236b punishable [why........]

if 1k was faster, it would be good ... but it's -frames on hit, range seems worse than pyrrha's 1k as well.

~~~~~~

malice - how is your connection with west coast? ... I haven't really experimented with online sc5 yet [still learning basics lol] ... if the netcode is as awesome as people say [and you don't mind playing with someone from wc], I'd like to get some matches with good pyrrha players.

isnt regular phyrras 236b also punishable?
i would like to play one of them and i cant decide atm

isnt regular phyrras 236b also punishable?
i would like to play one of them and i cant decide atm

It is, but you wouldn't be throwing out 236B to begin with unless it is to punish something. If 1K didn't suck so much, I could manage, but what really hurts is DNS B being -14 on block. I guess Namco wants me to use Pyrrha like everyone else it seems.

@Kane, I haven't played many from the west coast yet, but so far I haven't heard a bad thing about the online with this game. Definitely a step up from the online in SC4. Some say it's the best of any fighting game. I still more time with it. Just hit me up if you see me in chat.

Also, how are you liking the game so far?

I feel like pomega -should- be the better, stronger version ... but it really doesn't seem that way. kinda like ... you'd think oni would be better than regular akuma -_-;

----

for sure... I'll try to be on in a couple hours ... my psn is emily_rochefort

the game is great. I did like sc4 though ... but just didn't have enough exp ... plus a lot of the things I didn't like about sc seems to be fixed ... ie. improved movement, ring out seems tougher [coming from tekken, you could understand me not liking ringouts haha] ... but the biggest thing is the improved movement. it seemed a bit stiff in sc4. sc5 is definitely one of the better games I've played ... hopefully something heavily broken doesn't show up, because this game is quite fun

I'm finally starting to see what you guys were saying before. Ω's damage comes mostly from unsafe stuff and worse yet things that arent so easy to mix-up. There might still be some hope for her in gauge crushing since she seems pretty good at it, but I'm not sure that's enough since I only see about 98 damage coming off one of those at the moment and it takes a while to break someone's guard.

I'm currently maining PO for pretty much the same reasons are everyone else. I like both Pyyrhas' styles, but normal Pyyrha is such a terrible character aesthetically that I can actually ignore some of her superior tech in favor of the far less offensive and far more badass PO. Maybe I'll make a created character with normal Pyyrha's fighting style and give her another chance later.

I think regular Pyrrha is a lot more versatile than Omega. I notice Omega really has some weaknesses in terms of speed and range at times. Still, if you can make good reads you shouldn't have much of a problem even against faster characters.

Decided to main Omega after being in the lab for many hours on day 1 with her. I haven't had much of a problem adjusting but you gotta be real patient with her. She really doesn't have many moves you can just throw out at random like regular Pyrrha.

Her CE is very good considering you can hit it off of most of her stun moves or against someone on wake up but you have to time it just right. It really sucks you can't get much damage off of it on a juggle though.

Omega is a heavy hitting character with slower speed and not many great combos. I feel like she's missing a decent ground move like an off the ground grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back