Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

I am pretty much ok with Pyrrha at the moment and I do know some of combos/strings. But I am struggling in certain match ups. I am struggling against long range characters such as Nightmare, Xiba, Sig and etc. I was wondering If there is any kind of methods on facing these type of characters? Any help would be much appreciated.

On those three opponents quick step is your best friend step and punish. Also if they use any predictable strings for example Xiba think it is 66BBB you can inturrupt with your A+B guard impact really helps if they get predictable in their moves.

Hi, old sig player here moving to Pyrrah. Such a difference in character styles that im a bit confused to as how to play her. Read some threads in here and saw some previous stuff in this thread ill be trying out.

So far when I play Pyrrah I find that she is a very reactive type character. I tend to wait for my opponent to do something and use either 3B or 236B. Mosty 3b for the launch into whatever. 3B or 4K on wakeup seems to work rather well, or a 1K if I think they will block. I do tend to abuse the move/brave edge 4A, A, A on weaker opponents who dont block as its a high damage move, but of course any competent player can block it easy. My main issue is damage with this character. Obviously some of the combos I found in threads will help with this issue, but just asking for some general advice on what I am sure is atrocious playing.

On those three opponents quick step is your best friend step and punish. Also if they use any predictable strings for example Xiba think it is 66BBB you can inturrupt with your A+B guard impact really helps if they get predictable in their moves.

Ahh, I see. Thanks alot for the tips man. :)

Hi, old sig player here moving to Pyrrah. Such a difference in character styles that im a bit confused to as how to play her. Read some threads in here and saw some previous stuff in this thread ill be trying out.

So far when I play Pyrrah I find that she is a very reactive type character. I tend to wait for my opponent to do something and use either 3B or 236B. Mosty 3b for the launch into whatever. 3B or 4K on wakeup seems to work rather well, or a 1K if I think they will block. I do tend to abuse the move/brave edge 4A, A, A on weaker opponents who dont block as its a high damage move, but of course any competent player can block it easy. My main issue is damage with this character. Obviously some of the combos I found in threads will help with this issue, but just asking for some general advice on what I am sure is atrocious playing.

While I've been focusing on Ω much more than pyrrha, they are both very sophie -eque, so I imagine playing her involves a lot of poking combined with either mid range spacing when you have a life lead / opponent likes to come after you anyway or aggressive movement into throw range to throw/mid people if you are even or down life. And yes, train your reactions, greeks are defined in large part by their "reverse mix-up" game.

First, thanks to those who gave me replies to my first question. Definitely sticking with Pyrrah as my main so far and loving her.

Second, I'm curious, are there any visual or audio cues one can use to help time the '4' in her 236B:4 ? I'm not even talking the just 1 frame version, but even the less damaging non-just version seems to come out for me extremely randomly no matter how much I practice it in training, and almost never comes out when attempted online. Does the timing of it vary depending on your distance to your opponent when you execute the 236B? Any advice at all you have on hitting this timing would be greatly appreciated!

I land the just frame like 40-50 perecent offline and the normal the rest of the time offline but on online ugh I don't even hit the normal often but for offline try hit the 4 direction when she pauses with the sword directly in their gut it's hard to explain but when you get the timing it's pretty consistent offline now consistent online is a real challenge lol.

Did you guys know her CE has a guard impact? I was just fighting and I stepped it, apparently, and did Tira's GL 66A and she impacted it. I'm in a stream and the matches may be archived. I'll stalk the page and see if they are.

Did you guys know her CE has a guard impact? I was just fighting and I stepped it, apparently, and did Tira's GL 66A and she impacted it. I'm in a stream and the matches may be archived. I'll stalk the page and see if they are.

It GIs all mids, though I'm not sure how big the window is. For some reason it also has clean properties.

It seems to just say guard impact whenever it counter hits anything. There's no GI flash when it happens (though not all auto-gi's have those). I don't think there's any GI frames before the freeze frame animation.

As for clean hitting, I think all CE's have clean hit properties in this game.

It seems to just say guard impact whenever it counter hits anything. There's no GI flash when it happens (though not all auto-gi's have those). I don't think there's any GI frames before the freeze frame animation.

As for clean hitting, I think all CE's have clean hit properties in this game.
Yeah, Tira's B+K doesn't glow green, but I don't think her CE has a Clean Hit.. I've used it, like, 800+ times, and I still haven't seen a clean hit. I think only the weaker CE have a Clean Hit.

Well I was going by the guide, so I dunno. It could've also just been that the CE hit as an interrupt since it's pretty fast at i13. Basically too lazy to test. :p

Okay, starting to get better at hitting that :4 on the 236B:4, at least offline, and don't think there's really too much I can do to improve it online where lag is a factor. Trick seems to be to hit it faster then I was. I guess that was my biggest issue with it, that I wasn't being given any indication if I was too quick or too slow. As it is it seems doing "2, 3, 6+B, 4" in one motion is too quick, but I need to pause for only the slightest of moments before going for that 4. Does seem to depend on the distance you are from your opponent though which is making committing this to muscle memory difficult as it seems there's no single timing, but a variance.

On a new topic, anyone have any advice for 66B:BE. I can 66B just fine, but getting the brave edge version of it is proving VERY difficult. In training I can get it via pre-positioning my fingers over my arcade stick such that my finger for the B is slightly lower then the rest, then moving all my fingers down at once, but in a real battle I don't have the time to pre-position my fingers in such a fashion and it seems like I have to hit the A+B+K so quickly after the B I can never get the BE to come out any other way. At this point the only thing I can think to do is just keep grinding away at doing it with my pre-positioned finger style until its so ingrained in my muscles that I begin to, theoretically, move my fingers into the correct position naturally even in the midst of battle, but is there any easier way?

so are 33_99B, G~ 236B_CE and 22_88K, 236B_CE not combos?

for the first one, not sure if G works because I'd been buffering 4's.

Regarding 236B:4, is possible to get the "4" followup at the very tip of the stab?

At farther ranges of the stab, both characters seem to recover faster after the hit and she doesn't say her extra line (such as "it must hurt" or something). At these ranges, I can't seem to get either followup (just frame or not) even if I try to vary my timing to match the hit. However at slightly closer ranges, after the stab she gets the little animation of her pulling out the sword plus the extra quote after the hit, and at these ranges I don't have a problem getting a "4" followup. Am I just timing the 4 incorrectly at farther ranges or is it just not possible to followup from there? Thanks in advance :)

How unsafe are her moves? She kills me every time when in the right hands. >.<

I need to learn how to punish her more properly.

I did some testing with the guard impact properties of Pyrrha's critical edge. Needless to say, its pointless. You can auto-gi Pyrrha's 4A with it and get the green gi flash, however, the critical edge attack stops immediately so you don't get any free damage from it. So, it appears to be a really bad idea to try to use it to auto-gi through anything. Better off using just half a bar for a regular gi. Does make sense that it always says guard impact in the corner, as all auto-gi's do that regardless of if they trigger or not (see A+B).

Back