Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

I know if you get a stun with Omega, like 4B or WR B then you can just G, 9 and then hit B+K. I don't think Pyrrha has any practical ones other than like Violent Vodka said maybe CH 6K.

I just started using Pyrrha and I have been struggling against Mitsurugi, Lexia and Algol. I was also wondering if anyone here knows Pyrrha really well and can teach me a few things, if so please add me on XBL

Well if you just started using Pyrrha, just keep in mind that she has some of the best Oki in the game and for the most part is very safe. You can get pretty far using just BB and AA, and then just experiment with other pokes after knockdown. 1K is probably her best low poke, and 3A+B is a pretty good go-to move imo.

One you knock them down, 1k, 4K, and 8K are super annoying. If they try to roll away, 66B or 66A+B, or 3A+B... Also throws get annoying in a hurry on wakeup too. 66A+G is harder to reverse.

As a standalone launcher, is there a reason to use 3B over 66K other than more damage? 66K is faster, safer and is good for wall combos. The only downside is not being able to hit grounded opponents. What are the advantages of 3B?

66K is more easily punished than 3B. 3B has pushback that causes most characters to be unable to hit you within the negative frames. 66K is wide open and right in their face.

In addition to that, 3B breaks in 11. It also has a wonky hitbox to one side that can catch off-axis opponents.

Is there an easier way for Pyrrha to counter Pyrrha's 66B BE than just guard? A+B works, but the timing is super strict because I have to wait till Pyrrha get out of WR from the FrC by the 1st hit of 66B BE. I know I can also step to one side, but timing is also very strict. Is just guard the only reliable option?

The window for counter attack is less than 13 frames, so there's not much Pyrrha can do to interrupt it from a crouching state.
Tira can do 4K. Depending on the persona you're in, Pyrrha may also launch you though.

Is there an easier way for Pyrrha to counter Pyrrha's 66B BE than just guard? A+B works, but the timing is super strict because I have to wait till Pyrrha get out of WR from the FrC by the 1st hit of 66B BE. I know I can also step to one side, but timing is also very strict. Is just guard the only reliable option?
Step works.

there's always GI

Back