Pyrrha Video Thread

I was acussed of spammer by the guy i play against in this two video:

what do you guys think? I am far of being good with Pyrrah, but i dont think i was spamming...

what do you guys think? I am far of being good with Pyrrah, but i dont think i was spamming...

I wouldn't call that spamming. Most of the time, you were attacking when you were at advantage. A few times you did try to attack after things like a blocked 2A or WR A or a hit 3A (and generally got counter hit for it). You do rely on a lot of 236AA and 4AAA / 1AA, which are rather questionable moves, but, the times he did block them he never tried to punish you (just stood there or whiffed a throw)... so whatever. And you were for the most part punishing his unsafe stuff.

Best just to learn to completely ignore hate mail, its mostly just people upset that they lost. Hell I get accused of spamming just guards and 236B's (when they are guaranteed optimal punishes no less, where it would be bad play to not "spam" them).

I wouldn't call that spamming. Most of the time, you were attacking when you were at advantage. A few times you did try to attack after things like a blocked 2A or WR A or a hit 3A (and generally got counter hit for it). You do rely on a lot of 236AA and 4AAA / 1AA, which are rather questionable moves, but, the times he did block them he never tried to punish you (just stood there or whiffed a throw)... so whatever. And you were for the most part punishing his unsafe stuff.

Best just to learn to completely ignore hate mail, its mostly just people upset that they lost. Hell I get accused of spamming just guards and 236B's (when they are guaranteed optimal punishes no less, where it would be bad play to not "spam" them).

Thank you so much for the tips!

I didn't see spamming, I saw using fast moves to punish unsafe moves on block. The wake up and random CE could be seen as "noobish" I suppose. In general it's probably safer to land a 3B before using it anyway. I hate wasting meter.

Too much 1AA, 4AAA(the BE's ok - i dont really use it) and 236AA - these moves are so punishable.

4AAA and its BE are both kinda terrible, but 236AA isn't all that punishable vs a lot of characters unless they JG the second hit. Luckily no one is doing that yet.

Caspian VII vs Maxou - Ranked XBL

God do I hate Mitsurugi. HE was pretty good, but round 3 was an EPIC comeback on your part. I'll need to remember 11A[A] against defensive opponents. Also very nice landing of your just frames. Wouldn't have won otherwise.

God do I hate Mitsurugi. HE was pretty good, but round 3 was an EPIC comeback on your part. I'll need to remember 11A[A] against defensive opponents. Also very nice landing of your just frames. Wouldn't have won otherwise.

Thx - Your right lol - the JF's were crucial^^

re:caspian, dont use 1aa much...like at all, should be used very rarely and really only when you're in complete control.

don't sidewalk after b throws, you're put in a good position there to mix up 1k, 4k, another throw or 66b be if they stay down.

don't randomly throw out stab so much, its -16, and steppable, if u want to advance do 66a instead, tech crouches, safe on block + 6 on hit and u cant step it. u don'''t use this move at all! it's one of her best moves by far.

don't always do the followup for qcf aa either...especially on block. this move is for pre emptive step catch only, but u were lucky the mitsu was bad at punishing...even then you could have gotten away with using the BE version but you can always jump the 2nd hit, be or not.

at the end you land 66b..then just do another 66b. you could have supered for the win, even stab wouldve done more damage though.

the 6b k was predictable at the end too, obviously this guy doesn't have much pyrrha experience but he could have gied into ce there.

in the algol match, you use wayyyy too much 1a varation shit...it's really bad. this guy obviously has no idea how to punish it, but if u get reliant on doing it you will have trouble adapting to a player with better defense. also at the end you keep ukemi rolling his 2b+k b (sweep into shot) if u stand up and block it instead of doing ukemi u can block and stab him, the bubble is -14, depending on how it hits you.

re:caspian, dont use 1aa much...like at all, should be used very rarely and really only when you're in complete control.

don't sidewalk after b throws, you're put in a good position there to mix up 1k, 4k, another throw or 66b be if they stay down.

don't randomly throw out stab so much, its -16, and steppable, if u want to advance do 66a instead, tech crouches, safe on block + 6 on hit and u cant step it. u don'''t use this move at all! it's one of her best moves by far.

don't always do the followup for qcf aa either...especially on block. this move is for pre emptive step catch only, but u were lucky the mitsu was bad at punishing...even then you could have gotten away with using the BE version but you can always jump the 2nd hit, be or not.

at the end you land 66b..then just do another 66b. you could have supered for the win, even stab wouldve done more damage though.

the 6b k was predictable at the end too, obviously this guy doesn't have much pyrrha experience but he could have gied into ce there.

in the algol match, you use wayyyy too much 1a varation shit...it's really bad. this guy obviously has no idea how to punish it, but if u get reliant on doing it you will have trouble adapting to a player with better defense. also at the end you keep ukemi rolling his 2b+k b (sweep into shot) if u stand up and block it instead of doing ukemi u can block and stab him, the bubble is -14, depending on how it hits you.

Thx for advice - I am still learning and adjusting from SC4 - i agree with using 236aa less and 66a more - 1AA - i dont use that move - if i do it is accidental - if you have XBL why not send me an FR and show me your Pyrrha^^

4AAA and its BE are both kinda terrible, but 236AA isn't all that punishable vs a lot of characters unless they JG the second hit. Luckily no one is doing that yet.
If you jump attack the second hit of 236AA you never even have to worry about the BE version. But it's still so handy as Pyrrha for the TC and stuffing step.

Caspian VII vs Maxou - Ranked XBL

...I would like to meet caspian on XBL. ^_^

The video:
Pyrrha was quite lucky to win this one... Maxou suprisingly wasn't punishing pyrrha's 1a series... as well as the blocked AS Bs.

Also, as someone already stated, without the JFs... Mitsu would've outdamaged pyrrha any day... so kudos to Caspian for hitting those, I would be interested to see more matches of him to see how frequent he hits them when it comes to the crunch.. ^_~ hehehe

...I would like to meet caspian on XBL. ^_^

The video:
Pyrrha was quite lucky to win this one... Maxou suprisingly wasn't punishing pyrrha's 1a series... as well as the blocked AS Bs.

Also, as someone already stated, without the JFs... Mitsu would've outdamaged pyrrha any day... so kudos to Caspian for hitting those, I would be interested to see more matches of him to see how frequent he hits them when it comes to the crunch.. ^_~ hehehe

Whats ur GT?? ^^

Whats ur GT?? ^^

same 'geejay008'

...should be under my little picture of Toph.. ^_~

I think I'll be online tonight.. I'd be at about 21.00 ish though... my little boy either needs significant distraction from Disney Junior, or be so tired he'll be fast asleep. Otherwise, I'll be playing with a constant handicap of him hitting me in the head with a stuffed dog on the end of a leash... whilst I'm in the middle of a game... =_= hahaha!

same 'geejay008'

...should be under my little picture of Toph.. ^_~

I think I'll be online tonight.. I'd be at about 21.00 ish though... my little boy either needs significant distraction from Disney Junior, or be so tired he'll be fast asleep. Otherwise, I'll be playing with a constant handicap of him hitting me in the head with a stuffed dog on the end of a leash... whilst I'm in the middle of a game... =_= hahaha!

lol - i'll add you

Hi, I'm an Omega player and picked up Pyrrha yesterday. Here's an online match with me as Pyrrha lol. And sorry about the sound, I need to fix it >_<

[youtube]

Back