Pyrrha Video Thread

Just wanted to ask, Xeph, why you always use 3B?
Personally, I feel I don't use 3B enough. Versus Manta, there was like 10seconds where I did nothing but 3B. I was CH baiting, and working on guage as well. If you noticed, Manta didn't punish one 3B. Other than that, throughout the other two videos (and the other game/rounds via VS Manta) I had minimal use of 3B.

However, Jay Simon pretty much summed it up. Good tracking, fast, hits grounded, and no one was punishing. Why not use it?

Good thing the opponent isn't punishing you. But on paper it has an area of punishment still.

I wouldn't call it fast - it easily falls for d+1 and generic A's.

Good thing the opponent isn't punishing you. But on paper it has an area of punishment still.

Yes, good thing the opponent isn't punishing me, hence the consistent use for those 10seconds.. I'm also well aware of it's frame data. and i17 is pretty fast. Saying it will fail to generic AA's and 2A's is all theoretical. There's too many variables you're ignoring- such as player's attack pattern, the distance between the two players, if the payer knows it's unsafe, or if said player's character can even punish. The block stun and pushback are also other variables you're ignoring, as well. It can have all the "area of punishment on paper" but theory means shit if said player isn't implementing knowledge.

Just because a move isn't i13 or faster doesn't mean it's not fast. Just because a move is unsafe, doesn't deem it useless. It's only as unsafe as your opponent allows it. Though, I'm still confused as to why you said "why you always use 3B?" when I clearly didn't "always use 3B."

Comparing to Ramon, who doesn't even use 3B outside of combos.

If that's the point then, why don't you use 44B instead? TC, tracking, hits grounded, and is a bit slower than 3B.

Comparing to Ramon, who doesn't even use 3B outside of combos.

If that's the point then, why don't you use 44B instead? TC, tracking, hits grounded, and is a bit slower than 3B.
Haha, are you saying if Ramon doesn't use it, I shouldn't because it's wrong? As someone who's played Ramon in person, several times- I can tell you he does/has used 3B on me, and I have punished it accordingly. Also, I'd like to add- This isn't called "Post Pyrrha videos and compare it to Ramon." It's called, "Pyrrha Video Thread." I'm all for comments and critiques- but actually watch the videos if you were to do so, and please, keep the theory fighting out.

My use of a move depends on if I have found useful implementations with it. I don't have enough insight on 44B to implement it whilst applying offense. The point of this whole thing, still, is this question-
Though, I'm still confused as to why you said "why you always use 3B?" when I clearly didn't "always use 3B."

Maybe you should try and implement 3B more into your game- it might help you win a tournament, much like I did.

3B is an insanely good move and virtually unpunishable at tip range.

And just because something is slower than a generic A or 2A, doesn't make it useless. Hell by that logic, BB is slow as 2A will beat it. At i17, 3B is fast enough that by the time your opponent recognizes its coming out, they cannot interrupt you. I guess throws never land either, as those are i17 too... Nobody is going to 2A on reaction in the first 2 frames of an i17 move to interrupt it...

Also 44B, doesn't have nearly the range, has no/less pushback (I can always reach with 236B even at tip range, though at tip, it appears to safer than -14) And at i22, it is much more suspectible to being counter hit out of than 3B. Tracking-wise, both 44B and 3B are incredibly linear, you can 8wr around them with almost total impunity. 3B hits grounded opponents too, and can launch rollers, 44B doesn't launch rollers.

Also 44B, doesn't have nearly the range, has no/less pushback (I can always reach with 236B even at tip range, though at tip, it appears to safer than -14) And at i22, it is much more suspectible to being counter hit out of than 3B. Tracking-wise, both 44B and 3B are incredibly linear, you can 8wr around them with almost total impunity. 3B hits grounded opponents too, and can launch rollers, 44B doesn't launch rollers.
WR B+K is basically the same move- but frame data points it's only -12. I would use such a move, but getting AS B:4 after a successful duck seems ideal in more situations. However, being -12, I am going to experiment with WR B+K more.

I'd like to ask why you always use 3A+B.

No, for real, I'm interested in your reasoning. I don't see that move much at all (I'm having a hard time recalling a Pyrrha I've played before who used it as a staple), but you seemed to be using it pretty well.

... I think Malice does. That's all that comes to mind though...

Also, using 236K to slide under 2A is nuts.

No, for real, I'm interested in your reasoning. I don't see that move much at all (I'm having a hard time recalling a Pyrrha I've played before who used it as a staple), but you seemed to be using it pretty well.
It's very safe (-6), tech crouches, and is a nice 30 damage knockdown with good oki. It's kind of like a faster, TCing version of 66B, but without the force crouch.

3_66A+B is, in my opinion, one of her best mids. It has moderate range. It's TC is amazing. on HIT allows oki. It has low -'s, which allows a "mix up" post GRD. It will ring out/wall splat. It can be stepped- but much like Patroklos' 66B, it will re-allign if punish attempt isn't exact. It can hit grounded, catches back roll. My favorite part about the move, though, is it breaks gauge in 13. That may not seem like a lot, but given the ease of implementation, that's dangerous.

Sorry Xeph, I must be hypnotized by Ramon's playstyle, I think 0_0.

I use WRB+K as one of the good moves I use.

Isn't 3A+B one of her best tools? It tracks, good range, apparently -6 and any move you will do that is less than i13 will interrupt any move the opponent does, wall splats, HITS GROUNDED (likely the first one), TC, oki and KND. One of the best moves a Greek character should abuse (not Sophie, since in 4 it's likely hell on block)

I really like 3A+B/66A+B as well. Safe, mid, tech crouches, knocks down, ring out potential, has some tracking. My only complaint with the move, is it sucks when you accidentally guard crush with the first hit of it and waste it, but that's my fault for using it then. If I think my opponent is going to try to throw me, this is the move I toss out. Its also great post-GI next to the ring edge.

WR B+K I've never been a huge fan of. If I'm blocking low/ducking something, a 236B:4 is almost certainly going to punish whatever high/low it was. I find WR A/WR A+B (not the charged version) to be my go to move when I do put myself into a crouching state (be it 2K or whatever). And since WR B+K is i22 and linear, its not really that great to be throwing out at disadvantage like after a 2K hit. Since its the same move as 3B, there's little point to iWR B+K, might as well just 3B at that point.

3b is godlike, 66 a+b is godlike 66a+b blocked, 66 a+b hit because they tried to aa is priceless.

66 a+b and 3 a+b are not the same move, 66 a+b does 2 points more damage.

44b has it's use as a tech crouch launcher into super, it tech crouches pretty fast and has surprising range.

wr b+k...not sure why you'd use this move really, stab is a better punisher from crouch, but it is safer than 44b (-12)

4k is abusable. -4 on block with very short blockstun, rather massive +6 on hit and its basically impossible to roll after throws (66 a+g/b+g) mix up with 1k, run up grab, but throw some mid launchers (3b, 44b, 66b) in there too once they start ducking to avoid the throw...

6 b+k is also a very good and underrated move, tech crouches, knocks down on counter hit, its -12 on block but heavy pushback, and breaks in 12. i use it when i have frame advantage up close.

I'm trying to become a cool Elysium.
I figured I'd make more progress if I worked on each girl individually for a while.
I think I'm starting to get the hang of using more moves than 236B. Which is a plus.

Back