Pyrrha will be in SCV

tosaka

[08] Mercenary
pyrrha.jpg
View attachment 4768 Daishi said
I’ll tell you a little secret; I’m currently working on Pyrrha balance

Soul Calibur site also has a new sketch. A female character in a short skirt wielding a sword and shield. Most likely Pyrrha. And she'll most likely get Cassandra's moveset.

In one way I guess I'm happy Cassandra's moveset will be available. But I'm also a bit disappointed that it's practically confirmed Cassandra won't be in the game.

Let's hope she doesn't have the same "ass fetish" that Cassandra had... please Daishi, realize how stupid moves like 44B+K are, and don't give them to Pyrrha.

-Idle

I'm on the same vibe Sectus is. Excited and also sad since this basically means no Sophitia and cassandra anymore or at least for a very long while. Not to say Famitsu just revealed Soul Project team is trying to achieve a roster of 26 characters guest characters included(ONLY!!!). That's so small man! Tekken 5 had 35 characters! And T6 on PS3 had 41! We had 26/27 characters in SC4! Why not heading a step ahead and achieve at least 35 characters?! Now I'm really certain no Sophitia and Cassandra for a very long while... They could still be in it... Cassandra with axes and shields forged by Rothion (getting the style of Lizardman) and Sophitia getting another weapon similar to the sword and shield... Why all the Alexandra family must wield just one kind of weapon?! Not realistic at all... I'm sure Rothion being a blacksmith can forge more than just shields and short swords...

I'm on the same vibe Sectus is. Excited and also sad since this basically means no Sophitia and cassandra anymore or at least for a very long while. Not to say Famitsu just revealed Soul Project team is trying to achieve a roster of 26 characters guest characters included(ONLY!!!). That's so small man! Tekken 5 had 35 characters! And T6 on PS3 had 41! We had 26/27 characters in SC4! Why not heading a step ahead and achieve at least 35 characters?! Now I'm really certain no Sophitia and Cassandra for a very long while... They could still be in it... Cassandra with axes and shields forged by Rothion (getting the style of Lizardman) and Sophitia getting another weapon similar to the sword and shield... Why all the Alexandra family must wield just one kind of weapon?! Not realistic at all... I'm sure Rothion being a blacksmith can forge more than just shields and short swords...

Who cares, i hope in balancement and well planned match-ups

25 characters (hoping that stupid guest is only 1) is not a bad number at all, specially if we are going to get many NEW characters

If you want 1000 characters mugen is your friend

ps: with Pato-Pyr in the game Sophi-Cass have just to go the f**k out of the game,so simple

Not to say Famitsu just revealed Soul Project team is trying to achieve a roster of 26 characters guest characters included(ONLY!!!). That's so small man!
More characters, more problems. There's a reason why (assuming) most of us like Soul Calibur over Tekken.

I don't think 9/10 more characters would be the reason for the game not being balanced... The deadline is... The game is only 10% complete (Famitsu said it) and they want to release it in 2012, really?! No wonder we're getting a small roster... A lot of established fighters will be sacrificed in the process... And I'm sure adding characters after release through DLC is not in their plans either.

44B+K is a cool move okay. What a great mid.

Cassandra has 2-3 moves that involve her ass. They're fine. But in general, I want to see a new moveset for a new character. I don't want to see a new character with an old character's moveset because you might as well just leave in that old character.

But I main both Sophie and Cassandra, so I will probably do the same with Patroklos and Pyrrah.

I don't think 9/10 more characters would be the reason for the game not being balanced... The deadline is... The game is only 10% complete (Famitsu said it) and they want to release it in 2012, really?! No wonder we're getting a small roster... A lot of established fighters will be sacrificed in the process... And I'm sure adding characters after release through DLC is not in their plans either.

Please post more wild speculation. 25 characters is fine as long as the cast is half new. Also, you don't think there will be DLC characters? Do you KNOW how much namco loves money?

44B+K is a cool move okay. What a great mid.

It would've been cool or cute if Cassandra's character was say, a young teenager. Being a 20-something who acts like she's 12 hurling her ass at people is just plain creepy.

-Idle

Please post more wild speculation. 25 characters is fine as long as the cast is half new. Also, you don't think there will be DLC characters? Do you KNOW how much namco loves money?

It would've been cool or cute if Cassandra's character was say, a young teenager. Being a 20-something who acts like she's 12 hurling her ass at people is just plain creepy.

-Idle

They love fast huge amounts of money that goes straight to their hands as the game is released, not post game released few bucks which is what they get with DLC characters... In SC4 we just had one... A stupid Star Wars guest character from the opposite console version.

It also depends if the game is built with DLC later addition possibility and how well the game will sell...

A lot of established fighters will be sacrificed in the process... And I'm sure adding characters after release through DLC is not in their plans either.

Hwang was my main
bullsh*t like Amy get official

Deal with it

Welcome to my world

They love fast huge amounts of money that goes straight to their hands as the game is released, not post game released few bucks which is what they get with DLC characters... In SC4 we just had one... A stupid Star Wars guest character from the opposite console version.

It also depends if the game is built with DLC later addition possibility and how well the game will sell...

Your also forgetting they sold costume packs with virtually nothing; and music from SC1. Do you know how fast 100,000 downloads of 5$ adds up? Do you know how much development time probably went into making those? Not much. Look at Namco's track record on other games too- they have a notorious reputation for milking as much out of DLC as humanly possible- stuff that is already on the disk and done during the development cycle... just like ALL of SC4's DLC.

So... want to re-think your argument? Because it sounds to me like your being alarmist because your favorite character might not be in the game. Big deal, it happens. You have to clear out the brush once in awhile.

-Idle

Edit: And yes, more characters does equal more imbalance, and makes the game more random. High level Tekken is a game of trivia, not a game of skill. Even the high level players acknowledge there is so many miniscule details to learn about each character that competition becomes very random. 25 characters ought to be the MAXIMUM imo, for a playable roster.

At least Namco isn't Capcom.

I don't like clone characters, so if we get the new siblings out with the mom and the aunt. Don't even what them as DLC...cause that's less characters for me to worry about in practice.

Go on low tier.

At least Namco isn't Capcom.

I don't like clone characters, so if we get the new siblings out with the mom and the aunt. Don't even what them as DLC...cause that's less characters for me to worry about in practice.

Go on low tier.

The reason Tekken 6 pulls off a roster like that and is still pretty balanced...is because the unique characters are very minimal. At the core of it all most characters pretty much play the same.

remember they said, there will be more than 26 characters did not say that 26 would be the official number I would expect at least 32

Back