Quinion's Customs House

i have a question, what kind of face do you give your Dampierre CaS? don't worry i will give him different outfit

for his infamous handlebar moustache, i assume that you get it from Zombie Dampierre video?

Soul Calibur V - Zombie Dampierre Formula with Commentary - YouTube

Mine was built from the original as a base, never seen this before. I also used long horns for the 'stache, but to get really accurate there's only two choices really.....Long and Vicious. Face is Face 2, Eyebrows 8, Hair Balding, though any short hair would probably work with the hat.

More Onimusha 2:

Kotaro Fuma
Kotaro.png

and a 2P Oni-form color edit for Jubei

OniJubei.png

Great work with the Onimusha pack! The fattie with the tree trunk is my favorite. Badass game series too. Paced, deliberate combat that rewards skill and practice.

Mixed bag update this time....little of this, little of that

Onimusha-inspired original

YngSamurai.png

Natsu gets the Ninja Gaiden Z /Yoshimitsu treatment (Yoshinatsu?)........if Hayabusa were ever a guest, this is where she ends up
NatsuGaidenZ.png

Was going to do a straight up male recreation, but using the Ivy glove to handle a lot of the heavy lifting was too good to pass up. Plus other equipment for female-only....sleeveless gi, waist armor , etc made for a much better recreation. Can get a more accurate version with a CAS (skin stickers), but then she's just felt like a nameless Yaiba wannabe. Really like the way she turned out...arm looks great in game, and has a fun guest outfit 3P vibe.

Zallinger-inspired Aeon recolor
ZallingerLZM.png

Plus reposts from other threads

Krampus, a fun child-devouring tradition from the holiday thread
Krampus.png

and a so-so Altair from the request thread

AC_Altair.png

Last edited:
These are all awesome, but I'm really diggin that onimusha-inspired original. I can tell you took great pains to make him look good from every angle (and in-game). Really cool headgear (two pairs of horns) and mini-jacket (stickers). The only thing that he's lacking is a bit of color clash (i.e. the tan, white, and red blend just a little too well together). He might profit from a splash of blue or green. That is, unless you were going for a desert samurai kinda look, which would completely justify the current color scheme. Is that close to what you had in mind?

Natsu gets the Ninja Gaiden Z /Yoshimitsu treatment (Yoshinatsu?)........if Hayabusa were ever a guest, this is where she ends upView attachment 37191
Was going to do a straight up male recreation, but using the Ivy glove to handle a lot of the heavy lifting was too good to pass up. Plus other equipment for female-only....sleeveless gi, waist armor , etc made for a much better recreation. Can get a more accurate version with a CAS (skin stickers), but then she's just felt like a nameless Yaiba wannabe. Really like the way she turned out...arm looks great in game, and has a fun guest outfit 3P vibe.
tumblr_lerxtjjp8Q1qf55n8o1_400.gif

These are all awesome, but I'm really diggin that onimusha-inspired original. I can tell you took great pains to make him look good from every angle (and in-game). Really cool headgear (two pairs of horns) and mini-jacket (stickers). The only thing that he's lacking is a bit of color clash (i.e. the tan, white, and red blend just a little too well together). He might profit from a splash of blue or green. That is, unless you were going for a desert samurai kinda look, which would completely justify the current color scheme. Is that close to what you had in mind?

As always @brucege thanks for the kind words and another insightful review.

No intent for a desert theme with the samurai, and honestly he should have been included in the previous set with the knight and amazon,it's just that when I went to post, I realized I hadn't shot the pics.

I expect I'll revisit the colors (among other things) on all three; all of them are kind of washed out, with single primary color and a lot of neutral colors. all were kind of experiments in item combinations, sticker/pattern/equipment combos and similar. Don't get me wrong, lotsa good here and there, but not quite up to my usual standards, and not quite finished.

Good to have feedback though. I always welcome the constructive commentary, and it's good to hear what other eyes see........makes it easier to see what is actually there, instead of just what I think is there.

I will second Gatsu only to hate you Quinion. You always make the things I at one point tried to attempt, but fail miserably. Female ninja with a good feel to it. Fortunately, I will have to make something with the OCs I have to see if it'll wow people, but man am I struggling on a comeback. So for now, I'd like the formula on that Ivy arm.

I will second Gatsu only to hate you Quinion. You always make the things I at one point tried to attempt, but fail miserably. Female ninja with a good feel to it. Fortunately, I will have to make something with the OCs I have to see if it'll wow people, but man am I struggling on a comeback. So for now, I'd like the formula on that Ivy arm.

Don't hate me..... I would prefer that you cursed me instead. Has the same emotional resonance without the semi-permanent feel to it. And thank Inafune for the design; mine's just a low-rent Yaiba knock-off.

As soon as I get my TV back from my kid, I'll post it. I could've made it better if I didn't have to spend an ex eq slot on the eye...interested in an improved version, or looking to retain that third slot for something else?

Looking forward to see what you come up with.

So for now, I'd like the formula on that Ivy arm.

To help out a good guy who's stuggling, here's the Yaiba/Yoshi arm with a small improvement. Lots of images, so I'll spoiler it.
First, the arm has two zippers stickers. Moved the one on the outside of the arm so the center of the cogwheel sticks out through the hole in the zipper pull
Arm Image1.png

Next, the cogwheel (first two images) followed by the new helmet ornament (left arm placement). I think the bolt would also look cool, placed at the elbow
Arm Cog and HelmOrn.png

Finally, feathers of strength (first two) and color/patterns, though this is completely subject to your own tastes
Arm FOS&Patterns.png

and not to waste your time with a bland formula post, here's a Tengu style Yoshi edit

YoshiTengu.png

Would've used the wings for a more authentic look, but they clip so horribly with the ashigaru flag I went with the prayer beads instead.

Interesting design. I didn't pay much attention to it at first, but the more I pondered it, the more it grew on me. It's both very Japanese and very quirky, which are the two key characteristics of all Yoshi's costumes. The Tengu mask w/ beard and ears, traditional Japanese hat, and florid patterns do an excellent job of expressing both of these ideas. Bright, balanced color scheme. Excellent job of merging the gold shoulder pads with the gold sun sticker. Connecting disparate parts via coloring, stickers, or SpecEq is an advanced (and often neglected) CaS technique. If I had to make any changes, I'd replace the shoulder armor with something slimmer and more Japanese-looking and also removing one of the patterns on the lower body (like making the waist-wrap a solid red or white) since you already have a heavy pattern on the pants. With a few minor changes, he could become one of your strongest originals.

Interesting design. I didn't pay much attention to it at first, but the more I pondered it, the more it grew on me. It's both very Japanese and very quirky, which are the two key characteristics of all Yoshi's costumes. The Tengu mask w/ beard and ears, traditional Japanese hat, and florid patterns do an excellent job of expressing both of these ideas. Bright, balanced color scheme. Excellent job of merging the gold shoulder pads with the gold sun sticker. Connecting disparate parts via coloring, stickers, or SpecEq is an advanced (and often neglected) CaS technique. If I had to make any changes, I'd replace the shoulder armor with something slimmer and more Japanese-looking and also removing one of the patterns on the lower body (like making the waist-wrap a solid red or white) since you already have a heavy pattern on the pants. With a few minor changes, he could become one of your strongest originals.

I'm glad you liked it; actually moreso since it grew on you. This is just another example in a longer-term design experiment. I'm pretty interested in how people respond to them, since my expectation is an intial "Hmmm, that's OK/pretty good/whatever" though with a resonance that develops over time/views. Lets face it, we've all had the same CAS parts for over a year and a half, going on two years.........there'a only so much "how did he do that?" left, and relatively few new/novel combinations to explore. The trick now is to use the available tools to create something that looks new/fresh even though you may have already seen something very much like it before.

Next example, a revisited Sophita:
Sophitia.png

Nothing revolutionary here; probably every given piece of equipment has been put on a Sophitia recreation at some point or another, and even recently by @Gatsu and @EnduringSoul . I have to say I am ambivalent about the face; I don't think any of the faces are close enough to do the character justice.

I'm very interested in a review of this one @brucege if you have the time/inclination; if you prefer i'll post in the review thread, but I am very curious as to your take on this one.

I'd love to. I'll post it in your thread later. In fact, I'll probably also write up some notes about your Amazon, another interesting work of yours, later. Oh yeah, and any comments about the design/artistic choices on the Yoshi alt? Anything techniques I may have missed?

I'd love to. I'll post it in your thread later. In fact, I'll probably also write up some notes about your Amazon, another interesting work of yours, later. Oh yeah, and any comments about the design/artistic choices on the Yoshi alt? Anything techniques I may have missed?

Just look for similar shapes, patterns etc. For the Yoshi alt, look to the middle left image for one example of the kind of thing I've been trying.

Last edited:
I've seen the toga hundreds of times on the forums, but the details give it a distinct air of refinement like a classic Burberry coat. The stitching from the pocket stickers and the clothing folds from the star sticker blend naturally into the tunic. The stone necklace elegantly adjusts the tunic's shape by obscuring the collar while the metal bra and the silver leaf amplify the tunic's asymmetry. The blue on the headband, gauntlets, skirt, and belt help provide accent to the design. The one problem I noticed was that her feet/legs are glaringly unprotected compared to the chest, waist, and arms, which all have leather or metal plating. With this one quick fix, she'll be the finest rendition of Sophitia yet.

EDIT: Yeah, that face makes her look somewhat like a cold-blooded killer. Plus she somehow manages to keep that doll face despite being like 40 years old. Easy fix. Use face 11 (default) with slightly less aggressive-looking eyebrows like eyebrows 14, 11, or 7.

Last edited:
brucege pretty much making all the points you could want and more there, I literally just wanted to add that I love how the pattern on the belt completely changes it's shape at the back, as though it's made of connected squares rather than a huge solid wrap of leather. Just a little detail I wanted to comment on.

Back