R.I.P. Thread

and your boy, Kim Jong Il is among the departed. felt this would be the right place for him here. don't know the man. heard about his actions. but as a man, he deserves a R.i.p.

how this death affects me directly as I'm in Seoul right now... we'll see in the coming days. but there's going to be some changes.

best believe.

#pray for me. cause i comin stateside quick if shit gets raw hella quick. family guy, cleveland show, scooby doo and all the other shows be damned.

Sorry, I live under a rock and learned about this today, but my man The Hitch deserves mention in this thread. Though my first impressions of the man stemmed from his hawkish support of the Iraq war, I would soon find out the many ways he was the farthest thing from neocon a person could be. R.I.P or rather, rest in non-existence.

Sun, Jan 15, 2012 2:40pm. R.I.P my beloved PS3. my 60 gig launch model has perished. taking to Yongsan to see if i can fix. if not #sad we had some fun memories.... good thing i backed up my save files..

to the original ps3 and not the watered down shit we got today:
rip ps3:

good bye to 4 usb ports.... backwards compatability emotion engine that allowed for most ps2 games to be played with almost no glitches... memory card slots.. my 500 gig hdd... RIP my wonderful ps3.. sleep in peace.

Sun, Jan 15, 2012 2:40pm. R.I.P my beloved PS3. my 60 gig launch model has perished. taking to Yongsan to see if i can fix. if not #sad we had some fun memories.... good thing i backed up my save files..

to the original ps3 and not the watered down shit we got today:
rip ps3:

good bye to 4 usb ports.... backwards compatability emotion engine that allowed for most ps2 games to be played with almost no glitches... memory card slots.. my 500 gig hdd... RIP my wonderful ps3.. sleep in peace.

Although I didn't know him personally, I know that the two of you were very close and that it brought you a lot of happiness. My condolences man.

The man did alot of good in his life, he wasn't just another football coach. He may not have reported that crap when he should have and he did deserve the punishment for it, but that doesn't take away all the positive that he did. Also he's from a past era that had a different mentality on this stuff. These days people expect and demand that if you see something then you tell someone about it. Back in his day it wasn't like that, people kept to themselves and it was considered rude to intervene in another's buisness. I know this is an extreme example and for those raised in modern times it is near impossible to understand but that's just how things were way back then, you took care of things quietly and didn't make a huge national fuss if you could avoid it. The times changed and he stuck with his old ways and ended up paying for it. Despite this the man did alot of good for alot of people over all the years he was at that school and like I said, even though the good doesn't excuse the mistake he made the mistake also doesn't take away from who he was as a human being.

Look I'm not trying to start anything with anyone but I think all of that is bullshit. Take care of things quietly??? He took care of nothing! Especially the safety of those children around that institution. Sandusky was allowed to remain for fucking YEARS after it was pointed out that he was a fucking pedophile. Going by the fact that people were raised in a certain era, yeah I know that era. Back then real men would've taken him out back and strung his ass up while feeding his nuts to the dogs instead of making a big fuss with the press and getting the courts involved.

I hate that excuse about "he's from a different era". The fact of the matter is a sense of decency has never changed. And if you are party in any way to children getting hurt and you do nothing about it, then fuck you. Fuck him as a coach, a "legend", AND as a muthafucking "human being". Fuck them all who allowed those kids to get scarred for life.

True, but the way to DO decency has changed.

Humanity's strongest instinct isn't to survive, it's to do what is familiar.
I'm sorry but to me there is nothing more important than the safety of our children. And regardless of instinct or what is familiar, whatever we have to do or whatever is in our power to do to ensure that we keep our children safe must be done.

True, but the way to DO decency has changed.

Humanity's strongest instinct isn't to survive, it's to do what is familiar.

I have no idea what you guys think you're talking about when you talk about people minding their own business in the past. For starters, people have always had big noses, for another thing molesting children is nobody's personal business. We ran Roman Polanski out of the country decades ago for that, there is no reason to believe it was okay in "Paterno's day." He kept things quiet to avoid getting HIMSELF in trouble. He even apologized for his weakness in handling the situation while you are trying to justify it FOR HIM. The people of this country have to be uniquely retarded if enabling a child molester is forgivable so long as you can coach a sports team but trying to get people affordable health coverage makes you the anti-christ.

Back