Ragin' Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENDeverMORE

[09] Warrior
I have ran into a fair share of people who get a little bit... upset to put it lightly, when I use nightamare, about 55% of the time.
some of them have been cool with it getting a little bit frustrated because of bad match up is fair enough, but quite the few times, I have run into a new child player, or just some 16-20 year old with anger issues sending me angry messages, saying how I'm terrible at the game because I use Nightmare, or screaming down their mic/making sly comments.
"Great I might as well stop playing now..."
I'm not even that good of a player...

If they're yelling at you and sending hate mail, you're doing something right.

Hell, I've played people who use Nightmare 98% of the time. People have the right to choose whoever they want. For those who complain, they're no different than the kid who yelled at their friends, during a stay-over, to choose a different person because they can't adapt to a playing style.

Soldier on.

It's funny, because I was just thinking about making a topic similar to this. I'm a NM main too, and I'm honestly really confused about the hatred he's getting in the community. I played him in SC2 and in the original (but not seriously), and then I completely skipped 3 and 4.

Point is, I got into the fighting game community at large with Street Fighter and I haven't really taken SC seriously until this past month. Now that I'm here though, I'm having trouble understanding the scrubby mindsets that people have towards NM. I mean, he's not very safe, he doesn't have insanely quick mix-ups, and he naturally seems to struggle with quicker characters that have an easier time working their way in on him... Isn't he simply a noob hammer, much like maybe Hugo from 3S? I mean, he hits like a train and everything, and this game is high damage -- 2 or 3 bad choices could cost you your life against him. But, if that's the case, then why not hate "guess-a-grab" Astaroth's just as much? If you don't like the high damage, you should be playing some other game, honestly. On top of all that, we've got pros saying he's a decent character with glaring weaknesses (AKA: Not S-tier material -- more like mid/mid-high), and that the player makes him good, not the other way around.

I play mostly in person, not so much online. However, I do get the same hate mail when I do. I've never happened to like a character that was so hated before, so this is new to me, haha. Any understanding is appreciateddd.

img-haters-gonna-hate-panda-352.jpeg

I should make a troll character for when I run back into haters, not like the annoying
"hey look he has a giant racoon tail for a penis"
the old spice mascot maybe, and then keep yelling power down the much XD

oh I already have my troll char for online its siegfried :D

... and I would have posted in it too, if it weren't for the meddling, hard to find thread location!!

since when was raging at "ragin' oppenents" casual..?
biznitching and whining isn't something I do for 'lolz'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back