Raphael: Bugs and Hitboxes

Yeah, Mist A+B is what I'm talking about. I play against Mitsu a lot and I've never seen anything weird with it (not saying it didn't happen, just suggesting maybe the explanation is easy :-p )

No problem. Thanks for trying to find the solution. It was actually a clever hypothesis.

I actually saw another weird stuff of a strike not causing KND as it should. But I don't remember well which strike or against whom, or even the situation. My wyld guess is that it was 236B vs Ivy. But my memmory of isn't trust worthy, so, don't take this seriously. Just keep an eye out there.

So i saved the replay, but here is what I found another glitchy hit box thingy:

After I score a 6BB(BE) knockdown against a wall, and the opponent ukemis, I managed to hit him with 66B+K for the full damage but they "block" it with the blocking animation while getting up.

Don't think this is easily reproduced and likely something not specific to raph.

On one of my casual stream matches I was playing against some day 1 Ezio, he was standing still when I did SE B and it went right through his clothes. It was some real ninja shit.

Thinking about CH 99B >>>> 33B. You can dash forward to A+BA for 99B but the way the opponent crumples with 33B you whiff all the attacks. Raph is having very serious alignment issues with crumpling opponents and it would be nice to have some consistenancy.

So to repeat : If you hit your opponent's right side on CH its all fine and dandy. If you hit your opponent's left side, they crumply in an odd alignment and you'll whiff your A+BA. sad indeed.

Thinking about CH 99B >>>> 33B. You can dash forward to A+BA for 99B but the way the opponent crumples with 33B you whiff all the attacks. Raph is having very serious alignment issues with crumpling opponents and it would be nice to have some consistenancy.

So to repeat : If you hit your opponent's right side on CH its all fine and dandy. If you hit your opponent's left side, they crumply in an odd alignment and you'll whiff your A+BA. sad indeed.
I posted this in the combo thread. But I've been testing 33B CH on both sides of the opponent and as long as you run up to point blank range you should be able to hit the entire A+BA as long as the first downward swing connects. The issue I've been actually having is with different characters and funny hitboxes. Some bigger opponents like Nightmare are very easy to hit with this method, but I landed a CH on Pyrrha at point blank the other day and then whiffed the first hit of A+B anyway.

i've tested randomly on pyrrha, xiba and tira (choose the smaller guys) and my findings are consistent with my prior post (and yes if i forgot to give you credit then thanks to hudathan).

I've never had the larger characters crumple improperly from 22B either, those who choose tiny CAS models will have a strong bonus against raph).

Not really a bug, but SE B will re-align to just about anything. I was fighting Algol and was in prep, shifted to SE and held it. He teleported behind me and Raph 180'd with SE B.

On punishing Pyrrha, 66B (BE) is steppable from the 1P side with 22B but 3(B) Prep BB will whiff sometimes (indicated by Raph switching sides when 22B hits, if he does 3A to start prep pressure). 88B from the 2P side never seems to whiff, though. For her 4A series, 4(A)AA, hitting 8A on the 2nd A will hit, but if she does 4AAA it will whiff, use 8B or 8K. For the BE version, guard the first three hits and 44K the last hit (44K will not hit on the 2nd strike, but will jump him over her; turn around and 66(B) Prep A+B her for her trouble). *Best Option* Another interesting thing on that, if you G7 her second hit of 4AAA (BE) (jumping over her), quickly turn around and 44A+B her (if she only does 4AAA she can step it, but then they have to be quick about it). Pyrrha 4AB, B+K the B. AS AA, 44K the 2nd hit (time it for when she's still in the air, same time as the BE flash).

Also 4A+B aGI seems to not do the follow up sometimes when I use it. Anyone else notice this?

Good findings there.

Can you describe the null-4A+B setups ? Even aGIing a far ranged horizontal seemed to still activate which results in raph whiffing.

Invisible prep4 AGI:
Test by commanding 2p pyrrha omega to go 88B, QS, 88B.

As raph, block the first 88B, then 3(B) which will whiff.

You will auto-SE the 2nd 88B. However, if you input prep4, you will get the aGI effect but no GI green spark will show. all you see is pyrrha stumbling forward like a drunk to eat your foot via the form of prepK.

I can not. I had a recording of it, but I think I deleted it cause the opponent wasn't that great. Its happened to me twice on separate occasions, though. I think it was something that happened because I was at some distance from the opponent or I was off axis. I'll get into the lab and test it out later. Kinda sucks, too, since 4A+B will wallsplat and lead to some devastating wall shenanigins.

So I found one of the main issues with 88B 3B fucking up on characters off-axis (Besides 3B's shitty hitbox in general). Go into training mode, take a step forward then QS to your left and quickly 88B or w/e. Take note that they don't realign towards you. Then, QS and hold it a slight bit before 88B, and see that they realign, which makes 3B work... It still seems to randomly mess up during actual matches, but this makes it at least a bit more consistent. Nevertheless it's fucked up and I'm tweeting at Daishi because this shit is stupid lol.

I don't particularly care much for having balance changes in the upcoming, but this is kinda bothering me a lot lol. Pyrrha/Oprah 236Bs on block too but w/e.

Here is something that has been bugging me:

4B at very tip range does not bounce the opponent back.
4B at non tip range bounces the opponent back a bit, but you'll usually be able to connect with prepBBB.
However, at a range slightly shorter than tip range, will the opponent bounce back from 4B on hit that you will whiff your 1st hit of prepBBB, which negates your string.

That is not cool!

I like 4(B) for my instant TC option to go under predictable stuff, but other than that I don't plan on using the move much in the open.

Yeah I noticed those weird things about 4B. Like Mandritti mentioned before, it's animation is not as good as it was in SC4. I can kinda see that..
That's not what I said! I just said it doesn't look good. Relatively it doesn't have the same sharp snazz that everything else does. As far as I can tell, it has the same animation.
The *move* isn't as good with requiring meter to get into knockdown.

--> Yesterday I B+K auto-evaded that Yoshi JustFrame where he slaps you with the flat of it, and it gives ground slide out of the air... some kinda ?b:A input I think. Was surprising.

Here are a few things that bother me against alpha patroklus:

If you use B+K against his sakura twister, the first mid will not connect (maybe alpha pat is super crouching) and this is also observable against siegfried's 66B.

Secondly, if you block pat's aB (and you are anywhere from just outside of 3K range to up close when blocking) 3B WHIFFS (as raph seems to aim way off aligned with alpha pat's hips) because alpha pat is sort of crouching when he finishes it. Sure, you can probably use 4B instead, but this just illustrates 3B's terrible tracking due to stupid alignment (BB will not whiff) and its narrow hitbox.

really nobody have problem with walls?
.....having raph stuck in place when he SEK, or 66B+K and MANY other move when he has a wall on his left is really irritating.

Yeah raph at a wall doing 99_33B will whiff hilariously. O that raph!

Back