Raphael Combo Discussion

Anyone ever use the SE B into 33K BE into CE? Does good damage. Uses a lot of meter and is incredibly tricky to get down. But it does a little over half health( or a little under). I don't remember the exact damage.

I've landed 44K at that range in match play before. Really it's just something to keep in mind in case the 44K causes them to splat in front of you so you know your options, and not something you'd deliberately go for just to land the tech trap.

I've landed it on tip before too but always thought the game was just buggy about the move. I've also had Raph entirely jump over the opp (and not doing a "lay on the ground move") even though it's a M. I will try and keep this shit in mind for when this occurs.

Anyone ever use the SE B into 33K BE into CE? Does good damage. Uses a lot of meter and is incredibly tricky to get down. But it does a little over half health( or a little under). I don't remember the exact damage.

Slightly range sensitive, but only because SE B has really good range.

Slightly range sensitive, but only because SE B has really good range.

You think so? It's all I ever do after a SE B (if I have meter,) and I find it never fails regardless of range.

I noticed that it DOES fail if they have a wall behind them, they don't even have to be pressed up to it, but obviously you would use 1B near a wall.

Okay, so 22B ~ 3(B) is still a combo. It only combos if you fulfill these conditions:
  • 22B must hit at absolute tip range
  • You and your opponent must be perfectly aligned with each other (i.e. staring at each other - no off axis whatsoever)
With that said, you get these kinds of combos for this kind of damage:
22B
  • 3(B) ~ Prep BBB ~ 2B - 74 damage
  • 3(B) ~ Prep Bb(BE) - 85 damage / 89 clean hit / 0.5 meter
  • 3(B) ~ Prep BBB ~ A+BA - 90 damage
  • 3(B) ~ Prep BBB ~ CE - 106 damage
This is really hard to get consistently against anyone but Nightmare.
Fuck, I want easy 90 damage meterless. =(

I tested my theory and it seems to be correct. Using Voldo's MC B+K armor to test, 22B appears to have 2 active frames. Because i15 is capable of connecting normally (22B → 3K), spacing it so the 2nd active frame hits allows you to connect i16, meaning 3(B). It requires insane precision, though.

Since 22B is a 8wr move, I don't see this happening too much since you're pretty much always gonna be off axis after a step or a whiff punish. Maybe if you used 662B...

Lol look at how much of a threat Raph can be at all ranges like youngfox said if 3B could connect again. 90+ damage meterless from 22B will surely discourage step.

8A+B launches jumping opponents them really high, but its not reliable to get both hits in

That looked like Marvel shit there. Too bad Raph couldn't jump up there and slash Asta a few more times before they both fell.

33K BE → 6B(B) is missing from the official combo sticky, so I figured I should post about the benefits of this combo.
Technically it is not a 'true' combo because the first hit of 6B(B) allows the opponent to attempt to air control the second. However, the 2nd hit connects fast enough after the first that the chances of an opponent escaping it are minimal and honestly it makes no difference because the main purpose of this combo is the Prep entrance. Because it allows you to enter Prep while the opponent is still falling, the following happens:
  • Shadow Evade entrance is completely safe
  • SE K kills all roll attempts if the opponent does not stand up immediately
  • If opponent stands up immediately, SE's 33/33/33 mixup comes into play. In this case it's more of a true 50/50 however because SE B is extremely difficult (impossible, even) to step on wakeup
  • Prep A+B kills front/back roll attempts
In addition to that, you can mix it up with 33K BE → 6BB to disorient the opponent into expecting a Prep entrance, which can let you work normal 2K/FC mixup shenanigans or 11K/33K mixups (if they don't AC too far away) or even a running slide mixup (if they AC a considerable distance away from you). Plus if they try to AC far back and attack on wakeup you can squish them with 236B.

Yeah 33K$ -> 6B(B) -> Prep A+B is my new gimmick. If they know to AC back to avoid the SE mixup, This will pretty much become a safe forced block that does lots of guard damage. It catches people off guard at this distance too, I love it.

It's good, but SE K has better tracking and thus allows for a 33K BE 6BB SE B 33K BE mix-up. If you can condition with this move (not the best vs randoms I grant thee,) it wrecks.

I didn't mean in just your specific scenario, I was just throwing the other use out. A partially stronger mix-up, circumstances allowing. My wording probably came out wrong.

Yeah 33K$ -> 6B(B) -> Prep A+B is my new gimmick. If they know to AC back to avoid the SE mixup, This will pretty much become a safe forced block that does lots of guard damage. It catches people off guard at this distance too, I love it.

When I have a Prep A+B blocked I usually get kicked in the head for it. Does this range well enough to make it safe?

Not really ^_^

I also get a lot of free SE Bs with this mix-up due to the fact that a delayed SE entry after 6BB vs a savvy opponent will make them guess a low is coming seeing as they are downed. They get up and crouch - Boom.

Well I like to keep true combos in the main list. The grounded A+BA i'll admit is not infallible either, nor certain grab mixups after prep KBE wall splats.

Its not an oversight however.

Back