Raphael General Discussion / Q&A

np i always like a gd discussion. i gotta get on that school grind starting next week. time to get more flight hrs

EDIT: all i want back for raph is the old 22b combo, it would make him a threat at all ranges

feel free to contribute to the Raph wishlist

Someone say something mean and insulting about Ivy right now. I just got mauled by the same A rank one 3 times online! >> . Also any useful information would help. I could post the video but I mean it is pretty brutal and small children shouldn't be in the room for that >>. Overall I did ok today but dat Ivy. Oh if only I knew where she lived I would riposte her children!!!

Ivy dresses like a slut lol. And just to let you know Saphen, Ivy took a vow of celibacy :) She has no children. Uggh I don't like Ivy very much so you better get back at her!!! She ruins Raph's reputation (people like to pair as a couple).Okay how to fight Ivy: Raphael's 236B is pretty strong against her. You can try zoning her and forcing her to use her chain. You can easily avoid and block those attacks. When you make her whiff them, hit her with 236B. Up close, start you're usual poking and short burst of attacks. When you feel you need to, just knock her back or just back off again. If you having trouble with her 214B venom lash, just be patient, block it, and then punish with 6BB. If you just guard it, you get a 236B punish.

I think we really need to overhaul the MU thread as well as complete heatons awesome string punishment thread

Ivy dresses like a slut lol.
She's just Ugly!

Now that is community support! She just seems to have so many decent range combos that lock me up in stun. It is a match I need to fight more to get use to. And what on earth do you people do about her unblockable? Maybe I was just frustrated but I could never punish her in time, or escape, or just guard. Also more insults! And damn her for not having kids! I will give her kids just to slay them! Where is an orphanage when you need one?!

i dont wanna type to much in here in hope that maybe we can get a new MU thread where i can post every thing. what i like to do is just circle Ivy at mid range. It forces her to use her long reach but unsafe to raph horizontals to try to stop 22b spam. Now if you are circling w 8wr then u can block these on reaction and punish accordingly, this lets you set the pace of the match and it isnt too bad dealing w her from there

Now that is community support! She just seems to have so many decent range combos that lock me up in stun. It is a match I need to fight more to get use to. And what on earth do you people do about her unblockable? Maybe I was just frustrated but I could never punish her in time, or escape, or just guard. Also more insults! And damn her for not having kids! I will give her kids just to slay them! Where is an orphanage when you need one?!

The horizontal one that hits like 8 miles away? It hits H up close so plan accordingly.

i like the format i just think it needs to be update. alot of that info is prepatch and isnt too relevant now

Question does raph have any JF's?

Also after 66B prep A+B did u know if u wait like a second later on the prep A+B it adds like 6 or 7 more dmg onto the combo?

The closest thing Raphael has to a JF is iPrep A+B, which is a glitch. All of his other JFs were removed or turned into BEs in this game.

Hey! I just wanna say that I legitly landed a hit with 4B+K. It was offline too. Here is what happened:

My roommate was playing Z.W.E.I. and rushed me and did 66B+K ( The front flip thing that looks cool) and that's when I used 4B+K. So when Z.W.E.I. jumped behind Raphael he got hit by 4B+K just before his move connected. Talk about getting owned. We were laughing so hard it was epic! I wish I recorded this.

Back