Raphael media =/

It looks to me like the move that looks like 4A+B was a BE version of Prep B. That's pretty nice since sometimes Raph might need just that little bit of damage in his prep combos. Not to mention it's good looking.

everyone in the US

Which imo was rubbish. He's solid mid (and perhaps even better) and was never played to his potential.

Look for the footage of how dominant he was in the hands of Belial and apparently Keev was bodying people left and right with Raph as well.

Edit: Wait talking about SC2. I heard he was lower mid in SC2.

Gentlemen we need to look ahead, not behind.

I'd like to point out that raph's 33B in SC5 seemed to do 25+ damage in the video, which is about time, being such a slow low poke. I'd trade the damage bonus for delayed tracking though, to mess up step-guarders.

33K:B BE did 60+ damage on CH easily, but imo it's benefits will be the GB frames.

and lastly, our good friend SEB K (or SC2's 4K), the crazy TC roundhouse kick's CH effects leaves them right by your feet, so it looks like A+BA will combo (it better return) even though we only saw raph's SC2 11B to hit grounded.

I'd like to point out that raph's 33B in SC5 seemed to do 25+ damage in the video, which is about time, being such a slow low poke. I'd trade the damage bonus for delayed tracking though, to mess up step-guarders.

33K:B BE did 60+ damage on CH easily, but imo it's benefits will be the GB frames.

and lastly, our good friend SEB K (or SC2's 4K), the crazy TC roundhouse kick's CH effects leaves them right by your feet, so it looks like A+BA will combo (it better return) even though we only saw raph's SC2 11B to hit grounded.
yeah SEB K 11B being a combo is huge imo

I'm meh about his SC3 11B returning that move was so bad in sc3

Omg 33B is a toe stun on CH!! That's amazing.

214 stance looks pretty sexy.

That CE looks ultra sexy. I creamed a little.

0:26 214 stance is back

Actually its not 214 B from Soul calibur 3 But Its more Prep A fromSoulcalibur 2. Basically entering into any one of the 3 preps then pushing A Made this move come out (it also had its own set of attacks like the other 3 preps). it looks more effective then ever since it looks like it transitions back to prep allowing you to use it again and again. Also it looks like it GI's more since he AGI'd Ezios hidden needle attack (Prep A used.to GI all Mid/low A's/ SOul calibur 3 214 Gi'd all lows).

4B+K is a GB now it seems. maybe there is a way to get to BT and have mixups now?

Old 6BBB series is back thank god.

So with all these changes it looks like they built on SC4 raph a bit but took a way the garbage and modified some of his attacks to be more effective. Im guessing that you can probably do 33KB CE which is just awesome since not many charecters so far have the ability to launch someone and hit with a CE. Who knows. Hes gunna be a lot of fun to play.

This character looks to be an annoying mofa. You guys can get into specifics, but that auto gi back dash thingy, that he seems to be able to place anywhere is going to be a mind fuck.

1.his aGI is a prep only (as egg eloquently explained), which makes since cuz he no longer has SC4 prepA to CH any 2A (and other moves slower than i13). SC4's 214B AT better return, at the very least a (BE) bonus.

2. his prepA+B appears to be a move you can do in neutral stance, and if that move returns it's insane step-back it may be as dirty as his 4B !! I'm exciting for this super linear, but ultra evasive move!

3. 2_8B+K series looks like junk, which is a MAJOR disappointment. Enough that I may have to finally learn to use twitter and voice my opinion. The series was junk in SC3, SC4, and it better not be junk in SC5. You'd figure that they'd at least try to make it useful...

4. He has a speedier backdash relative to SC4, but maybe all other characters do as well.

This character looks to be an annoying mofa. You guys can get into specifics, but that auto gi back dash thingy, that he seems to be able to place anywhere is going to be a mind fuck.

You're probably right. Did you see, at around 1:01 and several times later, he does it twice rather quickly. Zoning time !
1:34 : his side throw hurts a lot, no ?
1:40 : the 3(B), prep BB combo seems to be back. Considering prep BB can chain into BE (see 2:45 in jaxel's vid), it could make a cheap combo.
2:54 : 214 backdash transitions into prep.
3:22 : 6BB BE ! If 6BB is still i13, we have a strong punishment tool as soon as Raph has 50% gauge. Psychological warfare, you say ?

It looks like 33K:B into CE will make an expensive (150% soul gauge) but damaging combo. If damage reduce isn't too strong, that is.

Options following 66B seem quite awesome : prep low if it connects, 214 backdash, prep, SE... Considering 66B is a GC, it could become a key move in Raph's repertoire.

Raphael has two types of moves he should use

1) good moves
2) moves to stop the opponent from stepping/8wring!

66(B) being a guard break for approx ~i21 seems maybe too good to be true, so the GC frames are mostly visual, and is probably -3 transitioning to prep.

3. 2_8B+K series looks like junk, which is a MAJOR disappointment. Enough that I may have to finally learn to use twitter and voice my opinion. The series was junk in SC3, SC4, and it better not be junk in SC5. You'd figure that they'd at least try to make it useful...

You know its funny, In 3 I actually figured out how to use these two moves. Yhe trick was to anticipate your oppenents stepand if you guessed correctly you where rewarded with a stun combo. There was also another way to use it, when you where knocked off axis and used it in close it would hit sometimes as well. It had better range as well.

It might be useful with how hectic the stepping can get in this game. Some testing will be needed.

One thing Im really excited to see is 6AB. Talk about finally giving 6A something useful.

in theory there sounds like a lotta reward, but at the range that 2B+K and 8B+K works, wouldn't it just be better to 2A ?

Back