Raphael theory & analysis

well im not sure if i can ask this here but i will anyway ive been trying to find setups for raph BT GI stun but have yet to find any has anyone found anything usefull about this or is it pure luck to get it im still working on it currently just wanted to know what you guys know

doubt you could bait it reliably, but.. if you are ever in prep and your opponant has stepped behind you.. VEing is a good bet, since most of the time your opponant wont wanna risky a high move, and are too greedy to try a quick low. But when you VE back turned it again limits your combo if you do get a death-GI

4A on CH and NH can severely limit opponent options due to being hit off-axis. Now it's almost possible to score a 8A+B, especially against AA happy characters (taki, X, talim) who treat it like a regular interrupt string.

Why would 8A+B be a better choice here than 4?

thanks along with that does raph have a secret gliche move cause ive heard things about it being useful and id like to test around with it do any of you know the input or what it is

Why would 8A+B be a better choice here than 4?

I could have sworn i wrote earlier about it being NOT, since 4B will combo for more damage.

However, there is a slim chance that they are in close, and could step .. OR TC, which you hope your slow 2nd hit could them ..... but yeah 4B seems superior to any of the aGIs.. except to stop 2A

You just have to keep in mind which characters (or opponents) are likely to AA (or 6BB, or some other high) and who will use 2A.

Against fast highs, 2K_1A WR B works great as well.

That's not what I meant. I meant after 2K or 1A on hit, WR B works way better than it should...Plus, on block it does solid gauge damage.

well im not sure if i can ask this here but i will anyway ive been trying to find setups for raph BT GI stun but have yet to find any has anyone found anything usefull about this or is it pure luck to get it im still working on it currently just wanted to know what you guys know

VE A(on hit) 2B+K 3B prep BBB:B

I'm not sure how well it may pertain to this situation, but 8A+B...

1) aGI's horizontals with a window usually wanting advantage to be successful.
2) good anti pitbull tool to get talims/maxi's/taki's off your back
3) Short range, but kills step
4) Is very useful vs Yoshi's trash.

I'll find any excuse to promote this move.

Ruiner

I really....really...really don't think so Piggy.

4A+B's aGI is a whole new attack if it GI's, 8A+B is 2 hits that go through whether it GI's or not, so I doubt it.

Seriously, when you're at advantage vs all those annoying as hell Taki's/maxi's/Talim's that wont get out of your face, or you're playing someone who LOVES to step Raphael close range at disadvantage, pull this move out from time to time.

Ruiner

Back