Raphaels important pokes

Macro

[09] Warrior
In this thread you will see Raphaels best pokes and will discuss y the the ones we picked are so good.

:2::B: Is good because it is safe and it can be used kind of like Astaroths :4::B: so its good for pressure and it can be used for frame traps a basic frame trap would be :2::B: into :2::A: well that's it for me if you guy's no anything more about :2::B: go ahead and post it.

wrB, wrA and 2K should all have serious looks at.

His other pokes seem less effective compared to SC4

wrB, wrA and 2K should all have serious looks at.

His other pokes seem less effective compared to SC4
Ya im just doing one poke at a time so i can see what everyone say about all the pokes
but thanks.

Well i guess we can move on to the next poke wr:B:
wr:B: is good for low punishing moves that are negative 13 to 16 so you can punish them after blocking.
It is also good for a mix up between wr:B: and :2::K: at the end of a match.
wr:B: can also be good in frame traps like :2::A: on hit into wr:B: well that's all i can think of but if you guy's no anything else just post it.

Well i guess we can move on to the next poke wr:B:
wr:B: is good for low punishing moves that are negative 13 to 16 so you can punish them after blocking.
It is also good for a mix up between wr:B: and :2::K: at the end of a match.
wr:B: can also be good in frame traps like :2::A: on hit into wr:B: well that's all i can think of but if you guy's no anything else just post it.

According to Mandritti, one should avoid using wrB though it is i13, +4 on hit, and completely safe. I agree because it is vulnerable to step and doesn't give much on hit. Even when you are punishing with it, rethink it. If you a block a low that is -13, why not just do a 2A (if in range) which has a massive +8 with a great setup for a mid/throw mixup? Furthermore, Raph has other options such as FCB, 6BB, and 6K to punish from -13 to -16 which can be done from crouch.

2A makes many options un-interruptable, not just wrB. FC3B, for example, after 2A has a better hit box and damage with stun The only situation where wrB is "useful" is after 2K in the Astaroth MU. 2K makes wrB i15 but Astaroth basically can't beat it.

According to Mandritti, one should avoid using wrB though it is i13, +4 on hit, and completely safe. I agree because it is vulnerable to step and doesn't give much on hit. Even when you are punishing with it, rethink it. If you a block a low that is -13, why not just do a 2A (if in range) which has a massive +8 with a great setup for a mid/throw mixup? Furthermore, Raph has other options such as FCB, 6BB, and 6K to punish from -13 to -16 which can be done from crouch.

2A makes many options un-interruptable, not just wrB. FC3B, for example, after 2A has a better hit box and damage with stun The only situation where wrB is "useful" is after 2K in the Astaroth MU. 2K makes wrB -15 but Astaroth basically can't beat it.
Wow thanks i never
Thought about it like that and thanks for the information.

2A makes many options un-interruptable, not just wrB. FC3B, for example, after 2A has a better hit box and damage with stun The only situation where wrB is "useful" is after 2K in the Astaroth MU. 2K makes wrB -15 but Astaroth basically can't beat it.
WR B has the benefit of being unsteppable and uninterruptable after a 2A hit (so does 2A itself, but it has less range). I think it catches back step too. Your opponent is forced to block it.

Wow thanks i never
Thought about it like that and thanks for the information.

No problem. And I meant i15, not -15 for wrB. My bad.

WR B has the benefit of being unsteppable and uninterruptable after a 2A hit (so does 2A itself, but it has less range). I think it catches back step too. Your opponent is forced to block it.

Thanks. I forgot about this.

Well i think since we are on the topic of :2::A: that it should be the next move will do.
:2::A: Is great for pressure and for frame traps
and it is sometimes good for interrupting natural combos.
And like Fendante was saying :2::A: is also good for punishing if in range because you get +8 on hit.
And :2::A: on hit has some fb like fc:3::B: after:2::A: like they were saying. :2::A: Is also good after moves like :2::B: and:aB: well that's all for me.

22B combos into 2A. Just make sure you don't have a wall near you if you do that, because 3A would have been the better choice.

Edit: Though, I wouldn't really consider 2A a poke...

22B combos into 2A. Just make sure you don't have a wall near you if you do that, because 3A would have been the better choice.

Edit: Though, I wouldn't really consider 2A a poke...
O wow i new i forgot something i feel stupid.

O wow i new i forgot something i feel stupid.

No hard feelings man. We're here to help each other in this SA :)

Btw what are your opinions on AB? It lost the tracking and +2 from SC4 but I still throw it out when they don't expect a low poke from time to time and are more to Raph's strong side.

So he did lose his tracking on Ab ok i see.Sorry guy's i have bin a bit busy as of late because i'm moving but thanks for all the help on the thread.

You people are crazy. Raph still has tons of good pokes. 6BB is amazing, 2K is 2K, 2A is 2A, 2B is exceptional, 3A is great, 6K is useful, B works well, aB is alright, and 3B is still stupid fast for it's range.

No hard feelings man. We're here to help each other in this SA :)

Btw what are your opinions on AB? It lost the tracking and +2 from SC4 but I still throw it out when they don't expect a low poke from time to time and are more to Raph's strong side.

AB is a better poke than any one here is talking about.

Explain yourself Bojack.

It can stop step to degree, doesn't seem to have the range issues of AA that cause the 2nd A of AA to whiff even though the first hit hit, the B can actually stop a TC, they DO have to block L so until they block it proficiently it's free damage, it's even on hit, relatively safe on block, AFAIK they're jailed into blocking the L (it may be jGable or GI'able I dunno), and after you do it a bit you can then do empty A's and give yourself some flexibility afterwards due to the inherent speed of the foot poke forcing them to react, it's annoying.

Basically, in many situations you can throw it out and be fairly safe in the grand scheme of things and since it's even on hit you can take the mental advantage to give yourself some breathing room or set up for GI baits. It's not an abusable move but used off and on again you can get some mileage out of the move. I think it's nearly a life save vs. aPat and O.pyszzzha since every God damn move they do is TC, the B will often sometimes tag them in the nick of time.

Basically, mixing up with A, AA, and AB for ranging should be a fundamental part of every Raph's gameplan.

Back