Raph's Top Ten Moves

The guide says no. However, throw a few out and see if the opponent actually guard impacts (or performs an easy-peasy quick step). If they don't, repeat for the guard burst.

Yeah, i guess you have to have at least some knowledge of the matchup to be aware that you can GI or quickstep the last move and if i play around with ppl on my level there's a 99% chance they won't do it. It's just, if my goal is to improve, I think it would be better not to learn bad habits that will just get me killed if I ever play against good enough people.

Yeah, i guess you have to have at least some knowledge of the matchup to be aware that you can GI or quickstep the last move and if i play around with ppl on my level there's a 99% chance they won't do it. It's just, if my goal is to improve, I think it would be better not to learn bad habits that will just get me killed if I ever play against good enough people.

A bad habit would be doing it again after your CURRENT opponent has GId or stepped it. A GOOD habit would be testing said current opponent, and making them prove to you that they know how to beat it.

Don't ever assume "I can't do ____ because ____ counters it!" until your opponent proves to you that they can counter it. And if/when they do, then you can base how you handle that player around how they respond.

I'm not saying to disrespect your opponent, but don't give them credit for things they haven't done yet. I've seen too many players think themselves into a box, worrying about the things they know are unsafe with their character, without even considering that the opponent may not know or have practiced the proper punish. This applies all the way up to the highest levels, even moreso in the early stages that we're in now.

The problem with 8A+B and B+K's aGI windows is that they are late enough so that they're used more for when the initiative is more ambigious (when it's about -2 to +2 and you know the opponent may try to interrupt).

ie: You manage to hit them with 4A (you're at -2) and the opponent knows this while backturned. They attempt a backturned B (single hit) so you can get a successful B+K off that.

You should be able to quick step or barely backdash in any situation where you could have aGI (provided there is some distance).

8A+B has historically been not really worth the risk, at least when shit's already gotten real. Nearly any situation where you could get away with using it you prolly could have done something better and/or less risky. It's great for defecation and merriment but for most intents and purposes it shouldn't usually be relied on. That being said if you can make it work for you then great... use the shit outta it.

The last hit of 6BbA+B+K can be stepped. The step goes right to Raphie's back. If the opponent is kinda near the ring edge, he will be in range to perform a back throw. If far, he won't, but will still be able to punish you from mid range. If he's very close to the ring edge, he may not be able to step it.

And there is a very cheap way to defeat the opponents in Legendary Souls. I dunno how to edit that spoilers thingy. So, tell me if you want me to tell you. I just hope this won't work on other game modes, specially VS mode vs the CPU (my favorite). It it unfortunately does work, the AI won't be a good source of practice for Raphie :(

Okay thanks for the info. Can it also be stepped on CH?? Does that mean we shouldn't use 6BB BE?? Prep BB BE is more consistent but requires stun to complete the whole combo but 6BB BE does more damage.
It's only steppable on block.
You shouldn't use 6Bb(BE) if your not confident that you will score a Counter hit.
(I think you know it, but "6BBB" last B, and the BE part of "6Bb(BE)" only work on Counter Hit)

I dunno how to edit that spoilers thingy. S

Here is what you do :

[ spoiler] "secret message" [ /spoiler]
without the spaces after the both the "["

And agreed that it is doable to hit confirm 6B(B) into BE even online so yes you shuold do it. However, its sometimes worth a gamble if you have extra meter, and you see your opponent in the yellow gauge.

And agreed that it is doable to hit confirm 6B(B) into BE even online so yes you shuold do it. However, its sometimes worth a gamble if you have extra meter, and you see your opponent in the yellow gauge.

This can give you a free win, too, 6BB BE block (yellow meter) to guard break 66 K for win (or some other attack that does enough damage to win, not necessarily needs to be ring out). Sometimes totally useful!

Here is what you do :

[ spoiler] "secret message" [ /spoiler]
without the spaces after the both the "["

Thanks.

And, btw, most opponents I've faced so far don't seem to know they can step that last thurst. Even the AI doesn't step it. So, feel free to spam the move until your opponent shows you he can dodge it. Also, if he is cornered, he won't have space to step, so you can go for it (although I guess he could GI it).

As for the Legendary Souls exploit, here it is:

Alright, here it is:

66B SE K

Just repeat this stuff, specially after a knockdown.

And I'm kinda hoping it doesn't work in the other single player modes. I'm even afraid to test it. It may deeply screw the AI vs Raphie.

Hmmmm... top ten Raphael moves... hmmmm...

10) 44A: Mostly because it looks fancy. Something I do when I win usually.
9) 5AB: Nice little mix up, plus it prevents sidestepping.
8) 7A: Good if the enemy is trying to aim for an obvious low attack. Looks nice too!
7) 44K: Better than 7a. Plus the knockdown effect is great!
6) 66K: Great knockdown kick. It is very fast and good when your opponent thinks you aiming for a 6B-BBB.
5) 66B: Although slow, it has good reach and can guard break pretty well.
4) Ready Stance-A+B: It always seems to get the enemy at the best time!. A pretty quick low as well with a good knockdown.
3) 99/33 KB: Really fast move, does good damage, and just looks plain awesome. Edge version does even better damage.
2) 6BB-B(A+B+K): Great at ruining the enemies gauge, plus an awesome combo with good damage. A move everyone should look to hit with.
1) 88/22 B: By far, the best move Raphael has. One of the main game winners and his best trump card. What makes it even better is that it can be combo'd into the above attack. Only downside is that it sometimes has problems confirming a hit when someone sidesteps.

Moves I forgot to add:
88/22 A: Although it does low damage, I use it a lot if my opponent gets sidestep happy.
6BB-K(A+B+C) Not many people use this move, but it is great for faking out your opponent and stopping sidesteps. Also, people always seem to forget about blocking the second kick.
6BB-AB~: With a little delay, this can actually stop side steppers pretty well, since the ready stance follows some stepping and the elbow has a bit of a wide range on it.

Just started learning Raph (on a mission to find a potential new main).... I plan to update this list from time to time if i continue playing Raph.

3B/3(B) - probably raph's best move, awesome range, extremely fast, it's just good to throw out there.

22B - self explanatory, combo starter, awesome range/speed.

BBB - although some may argue why bother.. when you got 3B i feel that the use for this move is a bit different... 3 is a bigger 'commitment' compared to BBB series.... if they block your 3 you need to make a active decision that if you guessed wrong can potentially cost you a lot of damage... vs BB/BBB the punishment from this is much less.. on block.

2K - probably my most used low

AB - decent step killer and hard to punish on block.

Prep BB - the move that brings out the pressure/mixup of Prep/SE stance

SE A - covers step completely and being neutral on block makes this move quite good.

SE K - great addition to Raph's move set makes his SE mixup exist.

66A+G - self explanatory....

That's about it for now... i know it's not 10 moves... and obviously I use a lot more moves than the above but I feel that these are the moves i tend to go to for now.... and hopefully this list will change when I get more experience and read upon your top 10

-LAU

until 66A+G stops feeding the opponent 1/3 soul gauge I don't know if i'd qualify it as one of his top 10 moves. That needs to be fixed asap

Just started learning Raph (on a mission to find a potential new main).... I plan to update this list from time to time if i continue playing Raph.

3B/3(B) - probably raph's best move, awesome range, extremely fast, it's just good to throw out there.

22B - self explanatory, combo starter, awesome range/speed.

BBB - although some may argue why bother.. when you got 3B i feel that the use for this move is a bit different... 3 is a bigger 'commitment' compared to BBB series.... if they block your 3 you need to make a active decision that if you guessed wrong can potentially cost you a lot of damage... vs BB/BBB the punishment from this is much less.. on block.

2K - probably my most used low

AB - decent step killer and hard to punish on block.

Prep BB - the move that brings out the pressure/mixup of Prep/SE stance

SE A - covers step completely and being neutral on block makes this move quite good.

SE K - great addition to Raph's move set makes his SE mixup exist.

66A+G - self explanatory....

That's about it for now... i know it's not 10 moves... and obviously I use a lot more moves than the above but I feel that these are the moves i tend to go to for now.... and hopefully this list will change when I get more experience and read upon your top 10

-LAU

Nice to see you back Lau-kun :)

we need to talk

until 66A+G stops feeding the opponent 1/3 soul gauge I don't know if i'd qualify it as one of his top 10 moves. That needs to be fixed asap

The only reason I ever do 66A+G anymore is when I fail at doing 66*A+G

Does it give them that much meter even without mashing for life? Because the damage stays the same regardless. In which case it's still a smaller break window and more damage than his standard grabs.

how much smaller a break? anyone knows if there is a standard window for COMMAND throw breaks (except Ivy's and Asta's)?

seriously?!?!?!?
that i didn't know.....

this explains how one time both my friend and i was confused how he got 1 full bar after i beat him on the first round.

-LAU

how much smaller a break? anyone knows if there is a standard window for COMMAND throw breaks (except Ivy's and Asta's)?
I think normal throws got like 11 frames to break and special throws (any) is like 7.....

-LAU

Back