reasons for getting kicked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheddarsword

[04] Fighter
sometimes when i enter a room, i get kicked, for no foreseeable reason.

i don't enter rooms under 3 bars (anymore).
i don't overkill.
i'm a generally nice guy (just don't outright attack me for a stupid reason and we're cool).
i try not to throw too often.
i don't spam.
my characters aren't offensive (from what i can tell).

unless it's the fact that i'm just not the best player in the world (arround 12% win rate) i can't really see a reason for anyone to kick me.

heck, if i tried to be any less offensive, my win rate wouldn't exist.

so setting aside the fact that some people are just idiots (we're all flawed humans) are there any reasons i might be missing as to why i might be getting kicked?

to be fair, i can't see spam being tournament legal anyway.

the no throws though... i mean, if it was as bad as it is in street fighter V, i could see it (it may as well be chainthrow fighter at times). but as it is, using about 2 or 3 throws in a single match gets people mad!

as for no overkills, i can understand it. i don't care about it myself, but out of respect, i just don't do it. but i HAVE seen some people do... "certain things" after KOs that you just shouldn't do.

maybe i'm too nice. but i just don't see why you bother making a room to play online if you're just going to kick some player you've either barely or never met for a reason they don't get!

the no throws though... i mean, if it was as bad as it is in street fighter V, i could see it (it may as well be chainthrow fighter at times). but as it is, using about 2 or 3 throws in a single match gets people mad!

as for no overkills, i can understand it. i don't care about it myself, but out of respect, i just don't do it. but i HAVE seen some people do... "certain things" after KOs that you just shouldn't do.

maybe i'm too nice. but i just don't see why you bother making a room to play online if you're just going to kick some player you've either barely or never met for a reason they don't get!

none of this has any bearing in tourney play or casual play at all, the game itself only understands 2 core rules; there must be a winner and there must be a loser at the end of it all, how you achieve your result doesn't matter (within the game of course)
People will find all kinds of reasons to kick you, be it genuine or petty...best advice I can give is to start looking to play at offline events or to head down to the discord server and look for games over there

People use spamming as an excuse to not find a way to counter the way you play them. It's their fault for letting themselves get caught in the tactic and not learning how to deal with it. "Spam" I'd say is fair, you just have to know how to get around it and to make sure you avoid getting caught in a situation such as that again,

You can duck throws or break them in Soulcalibur. B+G throws are required to be broken with B (Y/triangle) while A+G throws need to be broken with A (X/square).

I know people overkill by accident sometimes but there are those who do it intentionally out of anger or salt. Teabagging included. I've had it happen to me several times on where I'd lose a round and get overkilled and teabagged like mad and have had them freak out when I do either back (usually on the final round).

As ZER0 has said before, people will look for excuses to kick you. Wether it be for Ring Outs, your character, how you fight them in general, winning 3-0 against the host, overkill (by accident), grabs, your creations, and even using two simple combos lol. If you haven't connected your discord account to the 8WR server, you should do it now. Are you mostly PSN or XBL?

psn only. looks like i'll do that. didn't know that the SC community was so open in how you play. all i know is from the BS i see online.

psn only. looks like i'll do that. didn't know that the SC community was so open in how you play. all i know is from the BS i see online.
Glad to hear it. If you want to get better then you should seek out some players here on 8WR that are on the PSN side. I myself have not played the PSN side of SCV too much and don't have it for PS3 anyway. If I were you I'd seek out @ZER0 @Maxou @linkorz @SC_Yin or any other PSN user still active on the site. I bet they'd be willing to assist you. (Now, I'm not entirely sure if they all still play it but it wouldn't hurt to ask them.)

If you see someone like GuyinABlazer there, just stay away from him. He's a straight up fraud not worth playing at all. That is all.

I am garbage at SC, I am simply a meme player that exposes other more memey players Kappa

I believe the term for that is "cannibal troll"...but there was a time when I would go round hunting for randoms and catch them sending hatemail or rage quitting...a lot of it was for my own amusement, some of it was for "educational purposes" as for what kind of players you should avoid...like GuyInABlazer who has already been mentioned

I often kick people for spamming and throwing, or doing things like taunting or using lows. It's not fair and it ruins the integrity of our online community.

All fighting games are. Anyone who creates made up rules for the game and enforces them upon others has no idea what they are doing, in any game.

huh. i'm not particularly new to fighting games, just the fighting game community in general, so my knowledge is limited.

What is exactly bad about overkilling? I'm doing that quite often, but without any thought. I'm just waiting when next round gonna start.

What is exactly bad about overkilling? I'm doing that quite often, but without any thought. I'm just waiting when next round gonna start.
There are some people that view it as disrespect and to a degree I can understand why. A lot of people online will usually do it when they get angry/salty/frustrated and see it as a way of trying to annoy the opponent, or in similar cases disrespect them.
Usually an accidental overkill can mean one thing, while an intentional overkill can mean a completely other thing. What an accidental overkill would be is like Cervy's iGDR or aPat's JFT hitting the opponent while they're lying on the ground after the round when someone is practicing a JF. An intentional overkill would that of a frequent 1K/2K attack to someone while they're lying defeated on the ground, and other things similar to that. This variant of overkill is a common thing most angry players will frequently do (along with teabagging but that's another topic...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back