Renee Hewitt or Lani Minella?

Favorite Ivy's VA?

• Total voters
Neither, i want an actual English Woman to do Ivy's Voice!! :D
Yes I mean Lara Croft has never had a yank va ever.

I like the Renee one but the sound file for Lani is shit and filled with gaps of nothing and then gaps of just music. So its not a good test case.

It is Lani for sure in V tho is'nt it? Not that I care jap voices all the way unless they do pick individual va options.

My dream would be Kristen Scott Thomas. But shes an actual epic actress so little chance of that.

It is Lani for sure in V tho is'nt it? Not that I care jap voices all the way unless they do pick individual va options.

Im not liking her voice at the moment, hopfully they wont keep it as it is at the moment cuz its just aweful!!

They are both talented (Lani has an exceptional range) but given circumstance surrounding the timeframe of SCV, I'd have to stick with Lani.

Kristen Scott Thomas? Ha...lol. I dont know a bit tame?

They are both talented (Lani has an exceptional range) but given circumstance surrounding the timeframe of SCV, I'd have to stick with Lani.

Kristen Scott Thomas? Ha...lol. I dont know a bit tame?

KST would be magnificent, shes husky but in an all woman sort of way. Ever heard her curse in french... beautiful.
Oh and she was the snow leopard in Golden Compass so she has some va experience :P

Not in that way. She sounds too cruel. Ivy's not the most innocent, solar character out there, but that voice just sounds evil, and Ivy's not such an evil character.

I don't think that voice is evil, but harsh, and I think it fits her. In the wiki it says that even after she decided to do "good", she still killed many innocent men. And look at her lines, saying this will be your grave and stuff. She's hardcore.

I found this: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/412/412990/ (google translate here)

Looks like we will be getting a new voice actress for Ivy, Miyuki Sawashiro. This is strange because I could have sworn I heard Yumi Toma (SCI, SCII and SCIII) in the TGS demo. Maybe they just used old voice for that demo, or perhaps the new actress is trying to emulate Yumi's voice.

Not in that way. She sounds too cruel. Ivy's not the most innocent, solar character out there, but that voice just sounds evil, and Ivy's not such an evil character.
I agree.

Ivy was a total bitch in SC2, and SC3. I think Renee was perfect for that in Sc2, and I think she should have been cast for Sc3 as well.

We have a new Ivy now though, she has evolved. She's gone from revenge/destroy everything to becoming a mistress of justice. She's more mature, and her dialogue reflects that. Her taunts are still haughty, but they are more along the lines of "your punishment will be quite severe" and "now sing...for the sinner." She's kind of taken it upon herself to be the world's voice of judgement. The new, older, less harsh voice fits that better than Renee who was more reckless.

And speaking of voice acting - the volume of her a lot of her dialogue is too low.

eg. You can hear her very well when she says "Shred apart" during SS but can hardly hear her say "Extend" or "Submit"

I found this: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/412/412990/ (google translate here)

Looks like we will be getting a new voice actress for Ivy, Miyuki Sawashiro. This is strange because I could have sworn I heard Yumi Toma (SCI, SCII and SCIII) in the TGS demo. Maybe they just used old voice for that demo, or perhaps the new actress is trying to emulate Yumi's voice.

She had me fooled that its Yumi Touma... apparently thats the same VA for BB's Carl Clover, SF Cammy and anime HxH Kurapika. She's got a vibrant voice, see how she'll turn out.

Renee ♥
I always rather disliked Lani's voice as Ivy,I've gotten used to it,but I prefer Renee's,it just feels a bit more feminine,and also had a stronger English accent,though I suppose that Lani's does seem to fit Ivy a bit better.

Not that I care jap voices all the way unless they do pick individual va options.

Japanese voices all the way ??? Only if they're far improved from SCIV. I usually play all games in both english and japanese *feels like i'm playing two different games :3*, but SCIV's japanese voice overs were really bad in my personal opinion.

Japanese voices all the way ??? Only if they're far improved from SCIV. I usually play all games in both english and japanese *feels like i'm playing two different games :3*, but SCIV's japanese voice overs were really bad in my personal opinion.
I'm hoping they make it like SSFIV where you can change the VA language individually per character. So that way, the characters that sound better in Japanese (Oni, Akuma) can be in Japanese, but characters that sound better in English (Sagat, Dan) can be in English.
Also, they've confirmed actual lip-syncing for the English voices this time around, right? SCIV's lip-flapping was hilarious, especially Siegfried's lines. The best is when he says "Not ever again." Makes it so hard to take those cutscenes seriously.

And personally I prefer Minella's VA work. Much more authoritative.

OMFG Ivy's Japanese VA is different in this game. I was on this page months ago but I was only interested in Tira. This is huge for me in terms of Ivy play, gawds. Weirdness.

Miyuki Sawashiro -Ivy
masterpiece: HUNTER × HUNTER (Kurapika), Tales of export Syria (Mira = Maxwell), etc.

http://japan.gamespot.com/ps/news/35008658/

Back