Residential queers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organous

[09] Warrior
I got to thinking, when I mentioned in the flash chat that I am bisexual, it became the really hot topic of the moment (in a good way). On that note, I'd like to ask who here identifies themselves as queer. For those not associated with the lingo, "queer" is the socially accepted term for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and crossdressing (mostly by association). Myself, I'm bisexual, attracted to both genders pretty equally.

Now I need to put in the necessary disclaimers for something like this.
* Please, do not troll this thread. If you want to debate real-world morality or politics, there are other places more appropriate for that. I really don't want this place to need a "debate" forum for heavy topics.
* Keep things PG. Yes, this is absolutely related to sex, but we do not have to bring it to that level.

I predict 8~12 posts before this thread descends into madness.

I think you may be barking up the wrong tree here.

At least in New York, queer is not the politically correct way to say it. Etymologically, queer signifies deviance, synonymous with 'weird.' 'Gay' has much more 'joyous' and 'vibrant' roots, if you will.

If I heard someone say I was queer, my first reaction would actually be, 'are you f-ing kidding me?'

Also, you state 'Yes, this is absolutely related to sex, but we do not have to bring it to that level.' There are many other layers to the gay lifestyle than what happens in the bedroom. This is another argument that makes gay people feel needlessly alienated. Would a topic about straight people be 'absolutely related to sex?'

Why should anyone who is homosexual reveal to anyone on the internet what their sexual preferences/orientations are? (it's just asking for problems with imature internet kids who can't handle things)

This thread has no point, community members who are gay, are already known to be gay by those who know them and they like/trust. No sense in coming to this thread and announcing it for the sake of....what? Attention?

What is the purpose of making a thread about it? It looks like you are just asking for a flame thread and immature commentary.

cha cha

I'm not asking for attention here. I just don't know of any other gay members here and was hoping to find out. I didn't realize it would get negative so quickly, though. *sigh* Whatever, I'll leave it up just so this particular message can be seen and then try to delete it later. I apologize for causing trouble.

It's not negative, but perhaps you should just ask around in flashchat or ask members who you wish to discuss this with, to pm you instead.

Apparently, I don't know how to delete my own threads, if I even can do that, so I'd just like to request a lock, please.

It's an interesting topic IMO Org and it'd be cool to know. But if you really want it locked then I shall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back