Rock Combos

2B+G, 9B, 2B (63)
or
2B+G, 9B, 6B+K (68, but likes to whiff)

Nifty little crouch-throw combos. Not sure if they existed before 1.03.

A+G (opponent back to wall)
-W!, crouch throw

It'll turn into a back throw. Sweet. Also JF command throw is the sauce.

JF 63214B+G
-dash in, head first ground throw attempt
-dash in, delayed crouch throw tech trap attempt
-1A tech trap (catches all except back)
-22_88B tech trap (side and back techs beat it)

6B+K is combo as well.

A+G W! -> 6[A+B] -> head first grab
A+G W! -> 66B -> etc

In regard to those A+G > wall combos, you have to be close to the wall with A+G otherwise the followups whiff. A+G crouch throw always works, but depending on the distance and angle you may get the back throw or a normal crouch throw.

A+G > 6[A+B] headgrab isn't always consistent, you sometimes get their side instead of head, but IIRC a crouch throw will tech trap.

A+G > wall 66B is kind of inconsistent too. You can get either the normal CH 66B stun, a BT stun, or a resplat.

My personal favorites are A+G > wall, 6B. You can follow this up with a head grab if they stay on axis, or go for 11_77K for FC wakes, or 22_88B.

Also, A+G > wall 3A stuns. It's shakeable, but it puts them in a really bad spot. I like to mix it up after. You can get a 66B if they don't shake. If they do shake, A+G to resplat or 2B+K work well.

4K crouch throw connects after 66B. I think 66B 4k 2A+G does moar damage then 66B 2A+G but I'm pretty sure it ups the scaling.

I actually saw someone do this online. And it makes the move makes sense too.

CH 66B, 4K~2A+G_B+G.

This is sic, because whereas we only get the obvious crouch throw, or the 6K into obvious ground throw, now we have the added dmg (like 6K) but still retain the couch throw options.

CH 66B, 4K~2A+G_B+G.

This is sic, because whereas we only get the obvious crouch throw, or the 6K into obvious ground throw, now we have the added dmg (like 6K) but still retain the couch throw options.

This is old news. Note that this is only consistent on 1/3 of the cast and completely misses the other 1/3 of the cast.

This is old news. Note that this is only consistent on 1/3 of the cast and completely misses the other 1/3 of the cast.

Bad math?!

It works on more than that last time i checked. I can't find where i posted (if i did) on who it works on and not :'(

What we need to do is figure out when 1K~Ground throws works reliably. Alot of (better) players stay on the ground so thats primetime for Rock Ground throws.

Unfortunately, you can ukemi after 1k before Rock does his ground throw. Which makes me wonder what the whole point of it is. It's nifty in theory, but it's quite useless in a match.

DINO:

1K -> GT reliably = your opponent forgot to tech... when you play Rock enough you can sometimes kinda snese when that'll happen.... lets just say it's not often at all........so it's more like a move that you pull out 1/100 games

however... 1K on ground hit got other uses too.....

-LAU

CH 66B, 4K~2A+G_B+G.

Huh? I didn't I just post the exact same thing right above you?

If an opponent techs after a 1K ground hit, Rock has a huge frame advantage. I don't know the exact frames but Rock's (JF) PT beats out Mitsurugi's BB in this situation. So you can think of it as a way of tacking on a bit of damage to an opponent who is playing dead and baiting them to stand up into your throw/2B+K/etc. mixup.

micro:
that's a pretty crappy example considering mitsu got one of the slowest BB other than big characters... his BB = i18 lol

but lets say regular throw after 1K is too good

-LAU

Back