rugi random questions and help ._.

darkfender

[10] Knight
i'll take thread just to improve my noob mitsu i just started playng decently (i.e. not random XD).

I read the guides and sticky but i probably miss something.

First of all >___> that damn A+B[6]
It works after GI but it doesn't connect as a punisher often (it pokes but don't throw for the 33B).
Could you explain me how does it works?

second question.. what's the better relic option against a cervy that use aB if there is any?
or should i avoid stances at all against him

my main is raph so i have a turtle attitude in me that damage my game with mitsu but could you give me some random advice against long range chars

I just use 8wr A+B ._.

What's best option after blocking a relic B in a mirror? (plz tell me its not B6 :( )

And wich are his best moves for CF games? (i think FC3B is quite good and obviously 8wr A+B but is there anything better?)

I will give you some responce after work if Belial does not pass here before me. ^^

In any case, Frame data will give you some response to :) .

i already read them 5 times ._. wich question would they answer? i did not find them by myself.

First of all.

Sorry, I'm a french and my english is not really good lol. Sorry if I don't understand what you say :/

A+B[6]:

After this move, 33B and 1A is guaranted. If you.If your oppenent duck the 33B, it's because you do it to slow. In any case, after a+B6 => 33B. Remember the A+B6 don't really work on side, I had to be face to face.

Against aB of Cervy on RELIC, you had to back dash the first hit, and aGI the second.

For long range char, you had 8wr A+B/A+B cancel, b6, 4A, b:A k:B, 1A (for anti back dash and anti step)

For the Soul gauge, in the frame data you had a field called SC. It's the number of time you had to hit on the guard of your opponent to have a CF.

To punish RLC with Mitsu = at close range you had k:B, at far range b6.

hi, thx akire for covering pretty much all of this

I want to note that against cervy aB you dont really have to backdash. you can just stay in the place and they aGI or interrupt. (some high moves wiff against rlc at some distance)

for mitsu workaround rlc watch my vids in particular there is a specific project of mitsu vs mitsu - check my channel
but k:B doesnt punish (at least I cannot) I use BB close range and b6 far.

for RLC B: At close range, k:B punish... in training mod, and it's difficult ><... but in any case, you are right to don't use it. If you miss, it's unsafe, if you miss the JF, it's unsafe, it can be dangerous :/ .

i'm italian so my english's not good too.
Btw ty for the answers

the only thing i miss is that about A+B[6]
when does it turn in a throw and when does it just hit for few dmg?

Is that a CH properties or maybe distance? i cannot find it on frame data.

A+B[6] turn in a throw when you hit in front of him (I don't know if it's a good english XD), not in his side or his back. You can't whiff punish with A+B[6] because you are not in front of the opponent after a step (generaly :D ) . For whiff punish, you can do 3B 44AA (the 3B 236B is difficult to connect when the 3B hit on a side of the opponent) B:a or k:B. If the opponent are to far, the animation throw don't work to.

So, use A+B6 for punishement or after a GI .

Also note that if you are not close enough to your opponent the AT on A+B[6] will not work. The sword must be stabbed pretty much all the way through. So you have to be relatively close.

and punishment for punish Asura, Umbrella, Mitsu 2KB himself and RLC A (you had to guard crouch the second hit of the RLCA, wake up and punish) and all move unsafe at -20. The entire combo do 75 dmg, it's not a few !!

another question...
11BAB...if you block 11BA is there a window for punishment beforre the last B?
how many frames?

And moreover couldanybody help me to learn Mist 6BB combo on grounded enemies away from the walls? i can't get the timing :(

yes, the opponent can hit you before the last B touch the guard. I don't know how, but alot
XD .
In normal hit and counter hit, the last B is not guaranted. It's useless lol.

hmm, you add to delay the second B. It's not difficult, look some belial vid's and try to do the same timing. And try a small dash before the mist 6B. Be careful, against some charactere like Ivy, it's don't work

So up till this point I've always played a pretty basic Rugi and never bothered to learn some of his more in depth strats and wall combos. I played Mateo Galvin the other day on xbox live and he was doing some great stuff using 22A. I looked in the Rugi combo section and didn't see any combos using 22A, why is that? Is 22A a shakeable stun?

So up till this point I've always played a pretty basic Rugi and never bothered to learn some of his more in depth strats and wall combos. I played Mateo Galvin the other day on xbox live and he was doing some great stuff using 22A. I looked in the Rugi combo section and didn't see any combos using 22A, why is that? Is 22A a shakeable stun?
No.
Best combo from right sidestep is 11B[A]~MST 6 - random combo. If you're near the wall then MST 6B(no RLC), A+B[6] 3A etc.
You can check my projects or videos for more detail.
From left sidestep I think best combo is 3A~ss44BMST 6B>B

No.
Best combo from right sidestep is 11B[A]~MST 6 - random combo. If you're near the wall then MST 6B(no RLC), A+B[6] 3A etc.
You can check my projects or videos for more detail.
From left sidestep I think best combo is 3A~ss44BMST 6B>B

That's the combo he was doing, but when I tried to duplicate it on my own I couldn't do it. Now I see why. So the 11BA is only from right sidestep? I wonder why that is? Oh well, thanks for the help Belial!

That's the combo he was doing, but when I tried to duplicate it on my own I couldn't do it. Now I see why. So the 11BA is only from right sidestep? I wonder why that is? Oh well, thanks for the help Belial!
well to get a stun from 22A you FIRST need to hit it during opponents recovery, you realize that, right?

Sidestep is just a... hitbox issues. Actually is you do 22A from left sidestep (i.e. 887412A) it will work most of the time... No idea why...

well to get a stun from 22A you FIRST need to hit it during opponents recovery, you realize that, right?

Sidestep is just a... hitbox issues. Actually is you do 22A from left sidestep (i.e. 887412A) it will work most of the time... No idea why...

Yeah that's the only property I remembered about 22A is that you have to land it during recovery of an opponent's move, I think that's why I didn't put much time into learning combos from it. But from watching Mateo he did some great setups to land it.

Yeah that's the only property I remembered about 22A is that you have to land it during recovery of an opponent's move, I think that's why I didn't put much time into learning combos from it. But from watching Mateo he did some great setups to land it.

Id say you sidestep/make people whiff plenty enough to put this move into practice... its safe and its too good not to use if your good with your movement... which you move very well, even online.

22A is very good IMO. I use it plenty. Once you hit confirm the 22A, all combos which stem from it give you either a wall-splat when facing a wall or forward Ringout if facing the edge. And if you dont get either of those your still guaranteed almost 70 damage with its combos. Honestly thats some wicked wiff punishment.

Back