Save Soul Calibur

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a PM from Shaolin asking for help. You wanna help? Sure here you go!!

Quit trying to change peoples opinions about the game. You cant forcfully change someones mind. Its just not possible. So instead of a petition, how bout promotion.

Promote YOUR likes about the game. Try recruiting others, where a fuckin tshirt that says "You wanna know what SC is for, ask me". Do something positive. Rent a plane to fly over the charger game that says "SCV is the greatest game ever". Im being a little sarcastic but you get the idea. Instead of promoting others "dislike" for the game. Promote your "LIKE" for the game 10 fold!

LOL...well I think there are problems with the community. I don't think there is something to save in soul Calibur, but I'm worried about a few things for it. Besides you guys think I'm dumb and retarded, while you're super smart people and shit. ST86 brought me up because we talked about on DA. But let me get to the important part about SC that I'm worried about.

-The turnouts at majors

Can I ask where is everyone in the American SC community?

I thought we like this game. What happened? Is MLG hurting us? Are we bored? I would like to know what's going on.

Malice told me that MLG and online have been hurting the grass root majors. Is that true?

But yeah that's my only problem I see with the game.

BTw, Im' not trying to be an expert of anything...I just like showing the flaws of things I enjoyed .So yeah HRD....I respect you and everyone else...But is it really cool to make fun of me any chance you get? I mean...it's getting to a point people attack me just to attack me. What? Am I the SC version of Tom Brady? Am I the goat that you throw all your shit at when shit isn't right?

That is what I was trying to convey to them despite my inability.

I got a PM from Shaolin asking for help. You wanna help? Sure here you go!!

Quit trying to change peoples opinions about the game. You cant forcfully change someones mind. Its just not possible. So instead of a petition, how bout promotion.

Promote YOUR likes about the game. Try recruiting others, where a fuckin tshirt that says "You wanna know what SC is for, ask me". Do something positive. Rent a plane to fly over the charger game that says "SCV is the greatest game ever". Im being a little sarcastic but you get the idea. Instead of promoting others "dislike" for the game. Promote your "LIKE" for the game 10 fold!
Dude, have you no discretion? That was suppose to be between you and I. I think you don't like me flat out.

Look, a petition is a collective request for a major figure or group to do something, e.g. "Capcom please release Birdie as a DLC character in SFxT". What you're suggesting is not a petition, but rather a hippie movement asking people to stop being themselves and like something because you do. What do you hope to accomplish?

What I am trying to accomplish is raise fan support for the series, it's divided right now.

What I am trying to accomplish is raise fan support for the series, it's divided right now.
And what's the petition going to say? Hey guys, let's save a game you don't like! That's just going to attract trolls and make us all look like 13 year old fanboys with no life. HRD is right, just show people why SC is a good game. I don't think you're the right person to do that though.

And what's the petition going to say? Hey guys, let's save a game you don't like! That's just going to attract trolls and make us all look like 13 year old fanboys with no life. HRD is right, just show people why SC is a good game. I don't think you're the right person to do that though.
That's what I want to do. I want to say that SC is a good game but I don't know how, which is why I really want your help but I see I'm only making things worse.

ST86...HRD might sound like an ass on some parts, but he is giving confidence. He wants to make sure you know what your goal is.

HRD: Uh...Then can I ask why you're not helping ST86? I mean both of you guys like the game...and such.

I thought that it was needed to be said in the open. Cause it applies to all these piece of shit assholes that bitch about this game. What I had to say is a rule for LIFE. Not just SC

Promote things that you LIKE. Disregard those that DONT!!
This is something I like. I like Soul Calibur and want to help anyway I can but I see I'm causing more problems.

And HRD does have a point. But let me ask HRD and norik34 a question. It's pretty simple.
Do you like Soul calibur as a series? Do you like SC5 as a game?
That's two questions, and yes, I LOVE the game. I just think the idea is stupid for the reasons already stated earlier in this thread by HRD.

Back in my day, we had to PROMOTE what we liked. We didnt have the internet to troll people. There were no facebook, myspace, 8wayrun or ANY shit like that. I had to go to the arcade. Throw down quarter after quarter. make fliers in my hood for people to come down for competition. I was PROMOTING the games I loved and had great success.

People these days are to quick to NOT like something. And now there is a tool to help them express that feeling with virtually NO consequences at all. That tool......the inter-webz.

While playing onine, you come across a half way decent player....drop 8wayruns name. You got a buddy that likes MK but is not into SC? Throw in SC and go a few rounds. Its not that fuckin hard people. It all starts with you. I DOESNT START A WITH THE IDIOT THAT IS FLAMING THIS GAME!!!

You can't save the whole world, but you can save those that matter to you is similar to: You can't make haters like the game as you, but you can help those who share your passion. And that's another analogy brought to you by Pocky Yoshi. Na-mu...

You can't save the whole world, but you can save those that matter to you is similar to: You can't make haters like the game as you, but you can help those who share your passion. And that's another analogy brought to you by Pocky Yoshi. Na-mu...
And that's what I want to do. That is what I am trying to accomplish.

And that's what I want to do. That is what I am trying to accomplish.
What's the method? Because I don't believe you'll get anywhere using facebook.

Even people who share your passion are more likely to say forget about it than to do something about it. Take heed that I understand your passion, but even I can't help you since there's no point. Reason being is your cause of saving Soul Calibur is very weak. Wanting peeps to put aside differences and like the whole series together because the community is falling apart over "he likes SCV more than SCII" or "Taki>Natsu" or whatever? Sounds like you're going by gossip.

And if your resources are coming from gossip, then that's not good.

This piece of quote here is the best way to save Soul Calibur series. It may not do much damage, but this is the only way to get community stronger. Especially if everyone does it.....but only to peeps who really want it which is every 1 out of 10 scrubs imho.
While playing onine, you come across a half way decent player....drop 8wayruns name. You got a buddy that likes MK but is not into SC? Throw in SC and go a few rounds. Its not that fuckin hard people. It all starts with you. I DOESNT START A WITH THE IDIOT THAT IS FLAMING THIS GAME!!!

A friendly and lenient forum we strive to be, which is why I must always flaunt how much I love the series.

What's the method? Because I don't believe you'll get anywhere using facebook.

Even people who share your passion are more likely to say forget about it than to do something about it. Take heed that I understand your passion, but even I can't help you since there's no point. Reason being is your cause of saving Soul Calibur is very weak. Wanting peeps to put aside differences and like the whole series together because the community is falling apart over "he likes SCV more than SCII" or "Taki>Natsu" or whatever? Sounds like you're going by gossip.

And if your resources are coming from gossip, then that's not good.

This piece of quote here is the best way to save Soul Calibur series. It may not do much damage, but this is the only way to get community stronger. Especially if everyone does it.....but only to peeps who really want it which is every 1 out of 10 scrubs imho.

A friendly and lenient forum we strive to be, which is why I must always flaunt how much I love the series.

My method is to raise the awareness of the poor turnouts that we as fans have when it come to tournaments that involve the game itself. I'm not going by gossip either. Everyone here has their opinion on the series and we, as fans need to come to a consensus. If you want to not even bother with it, then I won't. I love the series as well but I don't want to hear someone talk bad about it also.

Same. You can support the community, by starting in the community. This is why I made the "Tips and Tricks" thread, and the contest that I run. It's in aid of bringing the community that much closer together.

Also, Pocky for Mod.

Okay, I can do that. I can support the community by starting the campaign here. I don't want this to be a meaningless effort but the way I've been explaining it to you guys, it wouldn't even matter to even start it all.

Okay, I can do that. I can support the community by starting the campaign here. I don't want this to be a meaningless effort but the way I've been explaining it to you guys, it wouldn't even matter to even start it all.

Perhaps it's best to at least see WHY such events are having less turn-outs recently, as a starting point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back