SC Community needs to move on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still Omega stopped caring about the game because of Hilde, so yeah. Losing player of that caliber shouldn't happen, it's a shame.

Ok this I agree with cause I value competitors like him. It is what it is though. If this is whats best for the community then so be it. I'll just be the outcast thats selective and pick my tournaments around how much money and the quality of players since I have my gripes with it.

Cause if Omega, Aris, players of that quality come back or are present I will be there no doubt at those specific events. Bout to hop in the TK and SF scene so that will provide what im missing here.

Chickenwing I see ur point.

Ok this I agree with cause I value competitors like him. It is what it is though. If this is whats best for the community then so be it. I'll just be the outcast thats selective and pick my tournaments around how much money and the quality of players since I have my gripes with it.

Cause if Omega, Aris, players of that quality come back or are present I will be there no doubt at those specific events. Bout to hop in the TK and SF scene so that will provide what im missing here.

Chickenwing I see ur point.

well i here aris may show up to the socal tourney that idle is helping with and hilde is banned at it along with algol. But i think we all know if 2 characters have to be banned then it should be hilde and amy not algol he got banned from the start cause people are bad.

Vints/Chickenwing: I do have a line I draw somewhere but it's not Hilde because she hasn't been dominating badly enough. If you compare SC4 tourney results for other games Hilde is not even close to as dominant as the top tiers in many other games.

the core problem is twofold
1) no arcade version so we can't nutride the japanese rules
2) even if we could the players would ban stuff anyway because the SC community players aren't like most others

well i here aris may show up to the socal tourney that idle is helping with and hilde is banned at it along with algol. But i think we all know if 2 characters have to be banned then it should be hilde and amy not algol he got banned from the start cause people are bad.

What socal tourney he's helping with? And don't claim what should or shouldn't be banned or accuse people of being bad when you fall under that same category ;).

What socal tourney he's helping with? And don't claim what should or shouldn't be banned or accuse people of being bad when you fall under that same category ;).

I take it you two have played each other? Or are some people so arrogant nowadays they don't even have to? -_-

Anyway, Idle is donating $500 to our tournament pot if we can get 16 people to show up and abide by his other rules and requirements, which includes recording semifinals/finals/grand finals, and sticking with the Algol/Hilde ban.

I already got Aris and Motempest to confirm, among other people. Unfortunately, Vicious will not be joining us though.

Oh well that's cool then. Why no vicious though?

I just don't like people suggesting something so major when I hear they mostly play online and then send hatemail over online sc which is silly. So my conclusion is most likely accurate.

Vicious pretty much just said that he doesn't play SC anymore. He didn't really go into detail.

I will miss "eeeehhhhhhhhh!"

:(

Oh well that's cool then. Why no vicious though?

I just don't like people suggesting something so major when I hear they mostly play online and then send hatemail over online sc which is silly. So my conclusion is most likely accurate.

ya i send hatemail as a joke to get a response and i understand your trying to defend your main character but she's obviously very good and im not the only one that says it. And thanks for the elitist you dont go offline you suck attitude very pro of you.

If it isn't Hilde its Amy, then Kilik and the cycle keeps going.
Do you honestly think that Amy or Kilik are in the same tier as Hilde?

People need to understand that it takes a lot of courage for someone to shout out loud: Ban "X" Character.
It is not easy to say to someone: "Don't play this character because he is broken", because for one thing it hurts your pride.

To reach to a point that almost half of the community (perhaps more) are agreeing on something, means that something is wrong, something does not go well...

The French community cannot just ban her that easily. The US community must have a CLEAR opinion on the subject, which atm is a complete mess (opinion regarding Hilde). Also the French community has been planning/is planning/ and will be planning national tournaments so there is another reason why they should take account on what are the rules on different parts of the world.

The same had happened with Algol, however it didn't matter THAT much because the character is faceable by most of the cast, and even if some characters have trouble against his weird fighting style, it's still not Hilde. One thing is for sure...nice job Namco, once again you buried SC.

PS: Belial's post = Respect

ya i send hatemail as a joke to get a response and i understand your trying to defend your main character but she's obviously very good and im not the only one that says it. And thanks for the elitist you dont go offline you suck attitude very pro of you.

You kinda do suck, I mean stop showing interest/making promises and start showing up.

Less QQ, more pew pew. :P

Well then don't try to suggest something major for offline like that when your not part of the offline scene. Also that's probably the majorities answer on why people send hate mail, and I remember reading a post of yours in one of the online threads that you were criticizing someone for that but then you do it too. So your a hypocrite.

Anyway, props to idle for going through with helping the scene out!

Well then don't try to suggest something major for offline like that when your not part of the offline scene. Also that's probably the majorities answer on why people send hate mail, and I remember reading a post of yours in one of the online threads that you were criticizing someone for that but then you do it too. So your a hypocrite.

Anyway, props to idle for going through with helping the scene out!

ya you obviously dont know me so you cant call me a hipocrit and i dont remember calling someone out on it. And what i mean by me sending hatemail is i go on ranked for shits, win, then send a msg to see what i get back(when very bored) and i never do it to anyone good.

Think people are going over board with the bans. I'm all for ban hilde, but Amy too? No. She's fuckin good but not unbeatable and doesn't 1 shot you. I consider ban algol simply because he can destroy half the cast, but I'll leave that up to the community rather than push either way.

Amy is not the same tier tho. She's probably the best "legit" character but she has flaws and she can be punished all the same. I'm a person who cries for blood when there's an imbalance in a game, but even here I have to say people are pushing the ban line too far. Bans should not be based on how often a character dominates, but if the tools using to dominate have a counter. Then you have to judge how reasonable the counter is and if it negates it enough. Hilde is bannable because her moves can be 1 shot kills, are positive on block, and if you manage to Gi or step you cannot exploit enough damage to justify the effort as you need to do it several times just to equal the kill she will get if you mess up once. If Amy hits me she takes 50 dmg and if I step or etc, i can do my own 50 dmg.

I do have a line I draw somewhere but it's not Hilde because she hasn't been dominating badly enough. If you compare SC4 tourney results for other games Hilde is not even close to as dominant as the top tiers in many other games.
Honestly, that is the only way to prove if she deserves a ban. I would also prefer to take a scientific approach on problems myself. I mean, that's the reason I love going to tournaments in the first place, to test out my theories and ideas. The reality is, though, this particular community is small. I mean small as in, at any given time there's only a dedicated following of about 25+ players that we can actually depend on to show up. IMO, our best option is to call the shots as we see fit, or else the few still willing to play then leave or are discouraged to keep playing. Yes, a ban should definitely be discussed with caution, yet at the same time we've only got each other to work with.

Vints/Chickenwing: I do have a line I draw somewhere but it's not Hilde because she hasn't been dominating badly enough. If you compare SC4 tourney results for other games Hilde is not even close to as dominant as the top tiers in many other games.

the core problem is twofold
1) no arcade version so we can't nutride the japanese rules
2) even if we could the players would ban stuff anyway because the SC community players aren't like most others

She's banned. Read thread title and apply to self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back