SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

Farting around on the UK Daily Mail and stumbled across this trash-tastic headline. Looks like Hilde and Wilhelm made it to TV! :P

Screenshot_20191204-172236_Chrome.jpg

If anything, bless the reality of there not being a “New Timeline” to avoid nonsense like this. I still want to time travel to delete this stupid trainwreck line of thinking from the collective consciousness of SoulCalibur VI. False reboots don’t create new timelines.

SC Heronies: Tag Frenzy
  1. Amy
  2. Ashlotte :sc1ast1:
  3. Hualin :sc1kil1:
  4. Ivy
  5. Kunimitsu :sc2yos2:
  6. Lynette :sc2vol2:
  7. Maxine :sc2maxi1:
  8. Miser :sc2mit2:
  9. Natalie :sc4roc1:
  10. Nightmarry :sc2nm1:
  11. Olga :sc4alg1:
  12. Scheherazade :sc5rap1:
  13. Seong Mi-na
  14. Siegboobs :sc1sig1:
  15. Sophitia
  16. Shura :sc1crv1:
  17. Talim
  18. Taki
  19. Valeria
  20. Xianghua
  21. Yoonah Kwang :sc2yun2::sc3hwang1:
  22. Guest
DLC:
  1. Zaalia :sc3zas1:
  2. Tira
  3. Guest
  4. Cassandra
  5. Damarie :sc5dam1:

Season 2:
  1. Azwelia
  2. Grothitelle
  3. Setsuka
  4. Viola
  5. Zweite :sc5zwe1:

Last edited:
If anything, bless the reality of there not being a “New Timeline” to avoid nonsense like this. I still want to time travel to delete this stupid trainwreck line of thinking from the collective consciousness of SoulCalibur VI. False reboots don’t create new timelines.

Watch what you say or you’ll trigger someone Kappa

I ninja edited out Kilik, glossed over Hualin. And Salia weeps over Zaalia. Why must you hurt me so much over Kamikirimusi? And Angol Fear could be Grøh too, having a mace and javelin combo.

Eh, I call false choice on that one homie: the options are not either the Vergeben/Nyte nonsense train on the one hand and your relatively less out there (but still far from likely) theory on the other; I think just about everybody but you agrees that its pretty clear at this juncture that the retelling will (or already has) diverged from the original narrative. Your hopes for a point by point retelling of the original story (only with more of it) not withstanding, I think it's a stretch to label it the "reality" we have right now--though I appreciate you may very well have labelled your theory a forgone conclusion for intentional good-natured comedic effect!

Even so, it bears repeating that the question of continuity is, regardless, a completely separate issue from whether we credit the "barbarian lesbian" theory--and on a side note, I really hate that phrase (I feel every time we repeat it, we piggyback on the weird fixation the progenitors of this theory have on this supposed character's sexuality), and it's just a bit of a mouthful, so I'm just going to call her "Barb" from now on. Anyway, the question of whether or not that rumour mill theory of Barb replacing Rock because "he's not sexy enough for a Soulcalibur fan" is both batshit insane and completely risible (it is), is a separate analysis from whether the plot will just run on instant replay or diverge. So don't try to bootstrap your pet theory by mapping it as the same thing as a rejection of Barb, because you know all rational community members will concede the latter--you willy trickster!

Eh, I call false choice on that one homie: the options are not either the Vergeben/Nyte nonsense train on the one hand and your relatively less out there (but still far from likely) theory on the other; I think just about everybody but you agrees that its pretty clear at this juncture that the retelling will (or already has) diverged from the original narrative. Your hopes for a point by point retelling of the original story (only with more of it) not withstanding, I think it's a stretch to label it the "reality" we have right now--though I appreciate you may very well have labelled your theory a forgone conclusion for intentional good-natured comedic effect!

Even so, it bears repeating that the question of continuity is, regardless, a completely separate issue from whether we credit the "barbarian lesbian" theory--and on a side note, I really hate that phrase (I feel every time we repeat it, we piggyback on the weird fixation the progenitors of this theory have on this supposed character's sexuality), and it's just a bit of a mouthful, so I'm just going to call her "Barb" from now on. Anyway, the question of whether or not that rumour mill theory of Barb replacing Rock because "he's not sexy enough for a Soulcalibur fan" is both batshit insane and completely risible (it is), is a separate analysis from whether the plot will just run on instant replay or diverge. So don't try to bootstrap your pet theory by mapping it as the same thing as a rejection of Barb, because you know all rational community members will concede the latter--you willy trickster!

There isn't a deep meaning behind the lesbian barbarian. All some people did was tack on "lesbian" to Nyte's delusional claim and he went absolutely ballistic. One word subverting his claim exposed how he is "insane in the membrane". He's been absolutely humiliated because of his extreme hatred towards male characters on soulcalibur boards, and rightfully so.

There isn't a deep meaning behind the lesbian barbarian. All some people did was tack on "lesbian" to Nyte's delusional claim and he went absolutely ballistic. One word subverting his claim exposed how he is "insane in the membrane". He's been absolutely humiliated because of his extreme hatred towards male characters on soulcalibur boards, and rightfully so.
Be that as it may, the phrase still seems awkward and too predicated in the same kind of thinking that you're trying to debunk/ridicule, if you ask me. Besides, I think "Barb" is kinda snappy: all the same implicit snark/recognition that the idea is nonsense, but without running the risk of my eyes rolling up into my head so hard they get stuck, every time I type the alternative out.

Back