SC2 gifs

FluffyQuack

[14] Master
Or well, animated PNGs to be specific since gif files have silly limitations.

I randomly captured these from SC2. I'm getting these for a personal project, but if anyone has specific requests I can try to capture those animations. The process for doing this only takes a few minutes. Note that any animations with special effects (flames and other effects) are harder to capture as they change the lighting and they usually have heavy transparency which conflicts with the green screen I'm using.

There's only 2 downsides to the process. The green screen effect is broken by transparency (I think only hair uses transparency in the game, so it might not look perfect) and the major one is the constant camera movement. If anyone knows some kind of action replay (or similar device) code for the gamecube, ps2 or xbox 1 version of the game which freezes the camera let me know.

Superior Raphael stance:
raphael2_0000331x3s.png

raphael-236br2u44.png

Cassandra aka Namco is a bunch of meanies for not adding this character to SC5:
cassandra-idlejkuel.png

*scratches head* I guess it only works in Opera or Firefox. I could post gifs instead, but the quality goes straight down.

Awesome thread, using Firefox and I can see them animated. And if you are doing requests could you make 1P Ivy doing Flaming CS.

Awesome thread, using Firefox and I can see them animated. And if you are doing requests could you make 1P Ivy doing Flaming CS.
That throw makes the camera go all over the place, you can't even properly see Ivy at one point.

That Cassandra PNG=amazing!!! And she's in my fav costume ^_^. Thanks for this!!

That throw makes the camera go all over the place, you can't even properly see Ivy at one point.

O I don't mean hitting it on an opponent, just her doing the Flaming CS. Kinda like how you have Ralph doing 66B(I think). Sorry I guess I worded it wrong.

O I don't mean hitting it on an opponent, just her doing the Flaming CS. Kinda like how you have Ralph doing 66B(I think). Sorry I guess I worded it wrong.
Hmm, I'm not completely sure what move you're talking about. What's the input for it?

37623 214aK. It a sort of glitch that would allow you to use both command grabs regardless of stance. The command throw input is 376231 A+K. but to create the flames you input 37623 then instead of 1 to finish you buffer 214aK. You trick the system as it think you want the unblockable but with the final K input the system then realized you want the command throw. Resulting in CS coming out with a flame affect.

It'd be so awesome if you could do this with all the moves and make sprite sheets for all the characters... yeah...

37623 214aK. It a sort of glitch that would allow you to use both command grabs regardless of stance. The command throw input is 376231 A+K. but to create the flames you input 37623 then instead of 1 to finish you buffer 214aK. You trick the system as it think you want the unblockable but with the final K input the system then realized you want the command throw. Resulting in CS coming out with a flame affect.
I think I'll just have to skip on this for now. I'm having a hard time getting the input right at all, and I just realized with my current setup I've made all particle effects invisible so you don't actually see the flames to begin with.

It'd be so awesome if you could do this with all the moves and make sprite sheets for all the characters... yeah...
It's interesting that it is technically possible, it'd just take hours upon hours.

Back