SC2HD Patch Wishlist

How satisfied with SC2HD were you?

• Total voters
Super mods and Admins feel free to edit the original post if any more ideas come up and I'm not around.

I would definitely appreciate online lobbies. I think I speak for all of us when I say we already expected lobbies to be in the game in the first place. This shouldn't be an issue. Project Soul should have had the common sense to include such a thing. It's almost like a car without tires.

The only portion of this edition that I agree needs improving is online, 3/5 is a must, 2 is just....heh....you can lose unnecessarily to stupidity and unknown broke shit (PAL yay) especially in lag, but it is going to take a miracle for namco to even implement such a change (anybody who is a good miracle worker here, your assistance is needed).

Frame data, it is a nice wish but forget it, stop hoping, we are not getting it the easy way.

AZ

Oh, I know.

The game doesn't save your parameters. So, before every match you have to change it to "allow 5 bars only" or "3 rounds 60 seconds All Welcome".

If you could just set and forget and click click click click through your matches that would be nice.

patch:

- ranking matches become 3/5 rounds, instead of 2/3 rounds
- allow for immediate rematch option, after a match in player match
- create and show connection speed notification bars. visible at the character select screen and up until the match is over
- fix overall netcode
- fix natural input delay
- allow extra mode stages to be playable online in player match (WITH STAGE GIMMICKS REMOVED)

or

allow for extra mode to have its separate online features (with weapon and stage gimmicks)

or

both

don't change:

- being unable to skip vs. screen, intros, or win/lose screen online. (these are intended to give syncing time to provide the best quality for the match. it is necessary and shouldn't be changed or altered)

wishful thinking:

- dlc costumes
- dlc soul calibur 1 & ARCADE VERSION soul calibur 2 music (also have destine battle themes available)
- patch in japanese voices
- patch in proper stage lighting (example: stage light darkens when you do soul charge, like in the original game :/)

If this game came on a disc, I'd already have taken it back. One of the main things I was expecting was to be able to fight in lobbies. I have a pretty good record in rank. Sad to say that most of my losses came from a terrible connection. If they would add lobbies for 4 to 6 players to join in an fight, fix the netcode and allow me to skip intros and between match poses, I'd be good. I'm tired of staring at Spawn's vagina.

One good thing about the game is, my Talim is back!

I was hoping for a replay feature simmilar to SF3OE or DoA5 so you could save a match and upload it on youtube or facebook.

IMO Namco should sell SC2HDO to TECMO, they ought to do way better online features, ie having online challengers matching you during other modes like training (like in DOA5U). Namco has disappointed for the last time, im done with there's now so obvious I-dont-give-a-FUCK-about-you-my-loyal-customer. Yep, im done. I mean c'mon, they could have put music selections during menus, like in VF5FS where I can play any of the game's BGM at any time. Ive played SC2HDO 2 times & I dont think im into playing it again. The waits per each match for how fast matches end (specially cause the 2/3-no-3/5 round limit) & without at least a rematch option.. gives me unnecessary anxiety a lots of unwanted stressful cortisol (shydrocortisone) levels in my body. im done. :/
& the attackBreak system is flawed bigTime, i mean, why the fuck a whiffing B attack's RECOVERY breaks a punishing A attack? I understand that B moves > A moves when they collide, but an A attack being broke by the RECOVERY, NOT HIT OR COLLISION of a B attack?

Last edited:
I'm not going to add anything to do with DLC for now, as I believe that the game changes are a bit more necessary at the moment.

I suppose a trainee has programmed this game and a good patch with fixing this things must come very soon. NAMCO, WE NEED A PATCH!!!

All the points I care about are in the first post, props to Mage for setting this up as a definitive list.

I'm gutted with how shoddy the online UI is. Every online fighting game since SCIV has had a lobby iirc. A rematch option for non-ranked games would be the minimum before I would feel comfortable recommending this to anyone. If they were to fix only one thing, for me this should be it.

Close 2nd would be enabling sequence skip online. I saw a claim above from devildigimon that they're being used to sync the games - that sounds odd, I'd like to see a source reference before I accept that's why it's the way it is.

Netcode wise, I've had a few games where it was pretty good, but because you can't pick games based on the quality of connection or have any idea during play what the quality is, it's easier to get caught out by bad connections.

I *really* hope that if not a patch, that there's at least a response from Namco to the community explaining some of these issues.

@ZeroBeat
If you have nothing to contribute or anything positive to say don't post, thanks.

All the points I care about are in the first post, props to Mage for setting this up as a definitive list.
Thanks, I just thought that a collective single post was better than several threads all over the forums.

@ZeroBeat
If you have nothing to contribute or anything positive to say don't post, thanks.

Thanks, I just thought that a collective single post was better than several threads all over the forums.
I just asked a question Mage Super Moderator, but asking questions is enough to get your post deleted? All I did was state the obvious, its a port, and online is barebones. So why would they patch it? I was addressing the patching of the game so I wasn't off topic. So why was my post deleted?

I just asked a question Mage Super Moderator, but asking questions is enough to get your post deleted? All I did was state the obvious, its a port, and online is barebones. So why would they patch it? I was addressing the patching of the game so I wasn't off topic. So why was my post deleted?
This thread isn't here for you to be negative and say "Oh it will probably not happen"...

Okay, valid point, but that's not the point of this thread and I said in the first post "contributions only" yet you seemed to ignore this.

Back