SC6 Frame Data Archive

SilentWall

[10] Knight
Hi, This is SilentWall. I had tested half of SC2's frame data. However, I'm new in SC6 and I have to adapt the new system. Hopefully, I will find more SC6 frame data. By the way, helpers are always welcome. Come on! Let's do it together.

For the console players can't use scuffle, you can copy my SCUFFLE data and save it in Notepad as txt format. In Excel, on the Data Tab, open "Get External Data">Click "Import text". And then select the delimiter " | ". Done!!!! Now you can read it in spreadsheet for reference or making up your own frame data.
I think 90% data is correct in scuffle, but there are some of suspicious data are still not correct:
  • A move end with a stance.
  • The impact frame with an odd number. Mostly they are just 1 frame off on Impact, Hit, Block and CH data.
  • CE and SC
  • A variety string moves with several ID, but it is not a wrong data if you know how to select which move's ID belong to which string.
  • The indicator of KND/STN/LNC is not reliable.
  • The indicator of TC & TJ # is not reliable, but the TC & TJ state is reliable.
  • The impact # of the moves with a motion cancel are always incorrect such as b6, a4, bA, aB, 4(B] and so on. It will cancel the first move motion and make different impact #, but the Hit, Block and CH# of them are still reliable.

Last edited:
------------------------------------------------------------
My Frame Data
------------------------------------------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@ General Frame Data Version 0.04 @@@@@@@@@@
Writen by SilentWall
Based on SC6 PC version 01.10.01

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GI's frame data
My test result for the GI is:
  • The GI windows is from 2nd to 11th frame. (Total 10 frames)
  • The GI's whiff motion costs 40 frames.
  • Defender can use B+G in Post-GI.
  • There are 3 level of GI:
GI lvl 1: +8
GI lvl 2: +16
GI lvl 3: +28

RE's frame data
RE is 6–30 (no charge) or 6–50 (full charge), so slower than GI but with a much larger window. /** Tested by Slade
RE-G VS 2nd RE-G = +28 GI frame advantage on defender (GI Lvl 3)

Move Level, GI Level and Weapon Clash system /** Tested by Sabrewylf
Heavy Level = GI level 1
Medium Level = GI level 2
Light Level = GI level 3
When the vertical move VS horizontal move clash, vertical move will be considered one level highter than normal.

The equivalent clash = 0 frame advantage.
Weapon Clash motion = 50 frames. /** found by me =)
Weapon Clash advantage = 50 - Recovery#

Guard Crush system
Only the move with Guard Crush trigger can do guard crush.
The total frames of a Guard Crush is 70.

Guard Crush advantage = 70 - Recovery#

Basic Execution Time
Side step = 12 vulnerable frames /** Tested by Slade
Back step = 15 vulnerable frames /** Tested by Slade
Forward step = 0 vulnerable frame
RCC (Recover Crouching Cancel) for neutral attack = 1 frame /** Tested by Slade
RCC for 66, 44, 2, 4, 6 and 8 directional attack = 0 frame
FC into stand without RCC = 8 frames
iFC and iWR = 5 frames /** Tested by Slade
Extra step of buffering 88 and 22 moves = 10 frames
Turning Back = 5 frames
Turning Back > FC = 5 frames /** iFC can be buffered inside the turning back motion.
Getting Up = 15 frames /** Supine and Prone
Getting up > Turning back = 20 frames /**BT-Spine and BT-Prone /**Tap K+G can keep in BT state.
Recovery# = Whiff# - Impact frames

Guys, since the SC6 PC bot released, I will focus on some general and stance frame data more which, the PC bot lacks. If you want to get the basic move list frame data, I recommend you to use SC6 PC bot.
https://github.com/rougelite/SCUFFLE/releases

My method for finding frame data:
I use the counting frames method for getting frame data because it is faster and more accurate.

For the counting frames method,
1) you need a recorder app for PC.
2) you need a video player to play frame by frame.
3) to record by 60 frame per sec and check each move twice or more - To prevent to miss any frame.
4) set the screen quality to Low or Medium. - Smooth display.
5) Set the Dummy, Astaroth most of time. - The big body can get the earliest impact frame most of time.
6) Do your move in 0 range on Astaroth to get the earliest impact frame and get recorded. (Set Astaroth's back to the wall for reset)
7) Play the video and count the move's impact and trades result frame by frame.
Done!

Tricky reminds:
*) I believe the system will display the input history input on screen on the 1st frame of the move activated. I did some test ~ You will see an effect of B+G and CE in the first frame with input history's display. (Let's me know if you think I'm wrong.)
*) For impact frame, it is easy. Just do a move on Dummy Astaroth and count frame from the replay.
*) For advantage frame, I use B+G's flash light effect as a signal for me to count the frame. For example: Xianghua does A on Mina blocking and then they both do a B+G. Then you can count the different between the flash light effect. =)
*) Use reset position to skip the RE animation for speeding up your progress.
*) I found out some issues on "Action 2" > "Select Move". It won't work on crouching state. The system will wait for the character recover to stand state then do the "Select Move" that will delay the testing result. However, I use "Play recording" to record B+G instead because it works on every state with no delay.
*) If this method doesn't work, use the old fashion method ~ trade and clash calculation. It helps.

Let's do it together! Help!

Last edited:
Vints, I think Sophitia's 2A is i12 in 0 range after I tested. Suirad probably tests it in normal range and miss it because 2A's range is very short (shorter than SC2's 2A).

@SilentWall 2A MIGHT ACTUALLY BE 13 FRAMES, NOT 12. @Suirad CALCULATED 13 FRAMES FOR SOPHITIA 2A. FROM WHAT I'VE TESTED, SEONG-MINA AND SOPHITIA 2A ARE THE SAME SPEED.
Don't trust me on anything I assigned an odd number, 2A has been very hard to pin down for me. I am going with 13 for the moment because of the way it seems to interact in trades.

IT SEEMS UNLIKELY 2A WOULD BE 12 FRAMES EVER SINCE NORMALS HAVE BEEN SLOWER SINCE SC4. ALSO, BOTH OF YOU GOT 2K AS 16 FRAMES AND THROW AS 18 FRAMES NOW. IT WOULD BE VERY STRANGE FOR NAMCO TO SLOW DOWN THESE BASIC MOVES YET SPEED UP 2A BACK TO 12 FRAMES.

Suirad, don't worry. My frame data may have some mistake too. Tell me if you find one. We need to double check all the data. Let's work together.

------------------------------------------
RE comparison
------------------------------------------

Character___|Move___|i__|B__|Dam|GD_|Rec|L_|R_|S|_Notes

2B _________|B+G ___|46_|-10|35_|40_|37_|30|28|B|
############|(B+G] _|66_|RE_|45_|50_|37_|__|__|_|
Astaroth ___|B+G ___|48_|-12|40_|40_|49_|31|29|C| L:31 R:30 in mid range
############|(B+G] _|68_|RE_|50_|50_|49_|__|__|_|
Azwel ______|B+G ___|48_|+0_|T40|T40|27_|29|30|A| TC on recovery
############|(B+G] _|68_|RE_|T50|T50|27_|__|__|_| TC on recovery
Cervantes __|B+G ___|46_|-8_|40_|40_|35_|30|27|B|
############|(B+G] _|66_|RE_|50_|50_|35_|__|__|_|
Geralt _____|B+G ___|46_|-4_|35_|40_|35_|32|27|B|
############|(B+G] _|66_|RE_|45_|50_|35_|__|__|_|
Groh _______|B+G ___|46_|-4_|35_|40_|35_|33|31|B|
Ivy ________|B+G ___|46_|-8_|35_|40_|35_|31|30|B|
############|B+G6 /B-8/H+4 _|20_|7__|30_|__|__|D|
Kilik ______|B+G ___|46_|-4_|35_|40_|35_|30|29|B|
Mitsurugi __|B+G ___|46_|-4_|35_|40_|35_|33|29|B|
Maxi _______|B+G ___|46_|-4_|35_|40_|35_|32|29|B|
Nightmare __|B+G ___|44_|-16|40_|40_|39_|29|26|A|
############|(B+G] _|64_|RE_|50_|50_|39_|__|__|_|

Raphael ____|B+G ___|44_|-8_|30_|40_|35_|30|28|A|
############|(B+G] _|84_|RE_|40_|50_|35_|__|__|_| RE windows is 6-70
############|B+GB /B-4/H+6 _|16_|7__|29_|
############|B+G(B]~Prep /GD+4
############|B+G4~AG
Seong Mi-na |B+G ___|46_|-10|35_|60_|41_|31|32|B|
############|(B+G] _|66_|RE_|45_|70_|41_|__|__|_|
Siegfried __|B+G ___|46_|+2_|35_|40_|29_|30|29|B|
############|(B+G] _|66_|RE_|45_|50_|29_|__|__|_|
Sophitia ___|B+G ___|44_|-8_|30_|40_|37_|30|26|A|
############|(B+G] _|64_|RE_|40_|50_|37_|__|__|_|
Taki _______|B+G ___|46_|-4_|30_|40_|35_|33|28|B|
############|(B+G] _|66_|RE_|40_|50_|35_|__|__|_|
############|B+G4~PO
Talim ______|B+G ___|48_|-12|30_|40_|33_|35|30|C| TC on recovery
############|(B+G] _|68_|RE_|40_|50_|33_|__|__|_| TC on recovery
############|B+G2~WC
############|B+G6~WS
############|B+G4~WF
Tira _______|B+G ___|46_|+0_|35_|40_|27_|31|30|B| TC on recovery
############|(B+G] _|66_|RE_|45_|50_|27_|__|__|B| TC on recovery
Voldo ______|B+G ___|46_|-4_|30_|40_|33_|29|30|B|
############|(B+G] _|66_|RE_|40_|50_|33_|__|__|_|
############|B+G4 /B+2/H+12 |30_|38_|27_|__|__|B|
Xianghua ___|B+G ___|46_|-2_|30_|40_|29_|29|32|B|
############|(B+G] _|66_|RE_|40_|50_|29_|__|__|_|
Yoshimitsu _|B+G ___|48_|+2_|30_|40_|27_|32|31|C|
############|(B+G] _|68_|RE_|40_|50_|27_|__|__|_|
Zasalamel __|B+G ___|48_|+2_|T35|T40|29_|36|33|C|
############|(B+G] _|68_|RE_|T45|T50|29_|__|__|_|

Last edited:
Thanks, werD. There is a lot of work then I expected. I need to people to find frame data for the other characters. I will show my method in details to find frame data tonight. (hint: Counting frame with video recorder apps in PC). Let's work together. I can't do it all. If you are interested to help, let me know.

Question: Which notation do you guys like, FC or WC (Full Crouching or While Crouching)?

FC - full crouch
As for methodology using clash/trade hit with a known move seems quite reliable in this game and takes maybe 30 seconds per move.

Jaeger, yes, trade hit method is quite reliable in SC6, but I found out some issues on "Action 2" > "Select Move". It won't work on crouching state. The system will wait for the character recover to stand state then do the "Select Move" that will delay the testing result. However, I use "Play recording" instead because it works on every state with no delay.

Anyway, I just post Xianghua's move impact frames! Take a look.

For the counting frames method,
1) you need a recorder app for PC.
2) you need a video player to play frame by frame.
3) set it to force to record by 120 frame per sec. - To prevent to miss any frame.
4) set the screen quality to Low or Medium. - Smooth display.
5) Set the Dummy, Astaroth most of time. - The big body can get the earliest impact frame most of time.
6) Do your move in 0 range on Astaroth to get the earliest impact frame and get recorded. (Set Astaroth's back to the wall for reset)
7) Play the video and count the move's impact and trades result frame by frame.
Done!

Tricky reminds:
*) I believe the system will display the input history input on screen on the 1st frame of the move activated. I did some test ~ You will see an effect of B+G, CE and SC in the first frame with input history's display. (Let's me know if you think I'm wrong.)
*) For impact frame, it is easy. Just do a move on Dummy Astaroth and count frame from the replay. Remember: Count the movement frame only because sometimes the movement will come later or earlier by 1 frame.
*) For advantage frame, I use B+G's flash light effect as a signal for me to count the frame. For example: Xianghua does A on Mina blocking and then they both do a B+G. Then you can count the different between the flash light effect. =)
*) Use reset position to skip the RE animation for speeding up your progress.
*) I found out some issues on "Action 2" > "Select Move". It won't work on crouching state. The system will wait for the character recover to stand state then do the "Select Move" that will delay the testing result. However, I use "Play recording" to record B+G instead because it works on every state with no delay.
*) If this method doesn't work, use the old fashion method ~ trade and clash calculation. It helps.

Let's do it together! Help!

Last edited:
So that's how you guys do it. I do the lazy method and use an existing complete frame data if 1 character and build other characters frame data from there.

Hi, there. I just post the impact frames of Talim's and Ivy's moves! Take a look.

FixdSwine, don't worry. Take the short-cut. Hopefully, we can finish the basic frame data in 2 months. XD

Landonio, I'm not sure an accurate way to test the whiff recovery, but I guess the unsafe on block moves always has a bad recovery on whiff.

Eclair, Thanks.

werD, Only the impact frames for Ivy. =P

Hopefully, there will be more people help. A person can not finish this big project. I will not work on the frame data people have done because I don't want to duplicate the work. I will share the link of other people frame data here.
Feel free to ask question if you guys need help on the data finding.

Last edited:
Awesome work here, very much appreciated.
I've gotta ask though, what does the "i" before "i5, i12" etc mean?

Awesome work here, very much appreciated.
I've gotta ask though, what does the "i" before "i5, i12" etc mean?

It means impact. Just SC term for "startup frames" in other games where its the start frames of a move + the first frame of impact.

Back