SC6 producer rants on twitter about SC6's development

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyQuack

[14] Master
One of the producers on SC6 (he also had a producer role on SC4 and SC5) had a rant on twitter earlier today about working conditions on SC6. The tweets were deleted some hours later, but you can see a google translated version here: link

It's not a perfect translation, but it sounds like he's complaining about the team constantly having meetings at 5am just to blame each other for things going wrong.

First of all, I hope things up end up going better for the guy. Sounds like he's experiencing major burnout. But this doesn't bode well for the game. Harada tweeted last year there's been a lot of trouble with the development of the game, and implied the game would ended up being cancelled if it weren't for Okubo stepping up to lead the team. With this rant, it sounds like they're still struggling.

I wonder if problems like this will result in the final release feeling like it was rushed out the door.

Last edited:
Link not working sectus. Do you have any screenshots or what not ?

Also, yes if this were true that is very ominous. Currently I hope it is just a disgruntled employee exaggerating problems but there is also a kernel of truth in these things.

Well, if a person goes to the point of ranting on Twitter, it could be just random bitching for a very childish reason, but even then, I still fear for the game...

@oz_shiron is the twitter handle. Not sure if it's a good idea to tweet about this though. Considering he deleted the tweets, he probably don't want any attention. Maybe he thought his twitter account was small enough he could get away with a rant which the mainstream wouldn't see.

Hmmm I wouldn’t really want attention called to the tweets, just some love for the team.

I’ll sleep on it before I say anything.

From what I've read from the translation, the guy looks hella stressed out. Hope things gets better for him and for whatever problems they're facing with the game :/ Cuz really, even though we really want Soul Calibur 6 to get here, I'm sure we'd prefer them to take their time with it to be perfect, then freaking out about a deadline or something.

Well I Know that SC-VI is more than 70% done, unless they actually decided to put more content,
Then I can't believe in cancellations, however if SC-VI have a lot of problems to solve, about this I don't have doubt...

We don't even know if it is about SC VI...producers in companies will often work on multiple titles and it seems more like a general work dissatisfaction in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back