SCIV: Amy Strategies and Setups

Doesn't matter to me if 3BA was safe on both hits. My point is I think it is easily within human limits to GI the low everytime with no guess work. The animation for the full string is distinct enough to tell, just look at the differences. The mixups after 3B may just net you something I guess, but I think in time the low will be of little use. Who cares though, I'm tired of talking about 3BA. Let's test it against real competition (not online!) and you guys can tell me I was right all along in a month or so, :).

As far as frames, so sue me that I'm a safety freak, lol.

And my point is that if you have an opponent who's ready to GI the 2nd hit.
Not doing it at all will put you back into a neutral position and you will have the initiative to force a mixup.

As long as the existence of the 2nd hit is there, you can always turn 3B on block to YOUR advantage. Once he starts punishing the 3B on block, you can use the 2nd hit to train your opponent into just waiting for your mixup once more.

imo 3BA is great on high crush, or counter hit in general. A good amount of free damage. When it doesn't get either, you have to string manipulate between finishing and not finishing, but that's generally easy to see. The mixup itself is there if you screwed up on its original purpose and need a way out, not for general poking.

That's what I think anyways.

EDIT: I really think her main way to get damage with Amy is to abuse her up close safe/fast pokes correctly, remembering to make a good bit of them circular. Then, you can go into 3BA (high crush/counter hit), 2B+K (low sweep) > ground game, 1KA (adv/stun) > launch, 6B+K (also high crush, stun) > launch, mid parry > launch, or other good options to get more damage in. Plus, once you have them on the ground, you can start a ground game up and get some real good damage. Then from there it's just making the right decisions. Theoretically, that is.

I'm noticing that quite a few people are so used to Amy's attacks coming in twos that this combo completely obliterates.

1K,A 6B+K, 33B, 6B+K

From what I've seen most people block the 1K, A and then go in for an attack. But you're already sliding into their stomach and unload the most powerful part of the combo. Same thing with her 8B, 236BBBB,B. Amy fucks with peoples heads, I love it. :)

So are people still shitting all over 1a? I still think it's a really good move to just throw out when you've got someone in a corner(a fast character) and are trying to bully/train them into blocking high, then throw it out for the last chip of life.

Like someone else said, it's just too fucking fast to ignore. Reminds me of some kind of weird duckpunch from tekken that is unsafe but still viable.

So are people still shitting all over 1a? I still think it's a really good move to just throw out when you've got someone in a corner(a fast character) and are trying to bully/train them into blocking high, then throw it out for the last chip of life.

Like someone else said, it's just too fucking fast to ignore. Reminds me of some kind of weird duckpunch from tekken that is unsafe but still viable.

up close it's unsafe on hit; but I agree, it's great for finishing matches.

1A is a good move no question, but I wouldn't use it too much to end rounds. It opens them that chance to block low and make a comeback. Where as other lows he might get momentum for guessing right, but not necessary turn the tide of the match.

Yeah not really abuseable but the speed and range is just... so fucking good. Most crap in this game isn't too safe anyway, and NO ONE will block that on reaction.

Yeah not really abuseable but the speed and range is just... so fucking good. Most crap in this game isn't too safe anyway, and NO ONE will block that on reaction.

Generally what I'm noticing is if you use it randomly it's unblockable. But if they expect a low hit and block it, it leaves you very, very open for punishment. Be weary.

Also, it seems like the majority play into a trap I've created quite often.

:(8)::B:,:2::3::6::A:~:2::B:+:A:,:6::B:+:A:

I don't know why, but the ground stab seems to force a reaction to get up and the un-blockable lands the first time I bring out the combo basically every time. Sure, after that they roll around or whatever, but I've yet to see someone not get hit by the combination the first time I bring it out.

Also after a knock down, I'm noticing :(4)::A: tends to work pretty well as a tech trap. Extremely well, actually.

Sword stab to unblockable looks pretty solid, but :(8)::B::2::3::6::A: is a bit iffy. Just a reminder, :2::3::6::A: is as unsafe as :1::A:, or -21 on block.

Yeah, but it spins the hell out of the screen creating some confusion. Which is the whole point of it. Plus, there are times where it's safe to use. Just the sword stab to unblockable doesn't do much because that's just a basic knockdown, the entire combo works because you're throwing them around constantly and they're trying to regain control.

her 236 tracks pretty well, it's like a magnet to the other person, i'd imagine it'd be near impossible to actually whiff 236A. If people try to just AA you after 236A it's actually not too bad to use. But to be honest I don't.

Gojira, it's -21 on block

but anyway a dumb move until someone can prove me otherwise... i don't use it really since i don't like giving people free launches

One main problem I have with Amy so far that I can't resolve is the fact that she doesn't have access to a good mid attack from full crouch. Strangely, all but one of Amy's FC attacks that stand her up are high:

WS A
WS B
6A
6B
4A
4B

Each and every one of them are high attacks. WS K is mid and KDs, but it's i17 frames and recovers at a bad -14 on block. I wish there was a good, quick poking mid, like Talim's WS B.

FC A+BA is ok. The first attack is -14 and crouching (6BB won't hit), but no one dares attack because of the second hit. Also, if the first hits the second can be hit confirmed. You can always go for FC B I guess if nothing else.

shauno try to use FC3B

does good dmg and good soul gauge damage

oh and like pixel said FC A+BA is pretty good too and you get ws K for free on CH, and on regular hit they are stunned standing up (you both recover around the same time) so you can do a mixup or throw or whatever.

Other "power" mid options include 6A+B~<options> and 6B+K.... but I guess I wanted a true "poking" mid. Something fast with decent frames on block or hit. Even FC2B is a special mid that won't hit crouchers, plus it leaves her in FC so I'm back with the same problem with it. Ah well, gotta make do with what's in the game.

I'll use your suggestions more to get a feel for them (didn't know FC A+BA was hit confirmable). I like how FC 3B rears backwards so maybe that'll appeal to me in some setups, but both of those moves still have poor recovery unfortunately.

Back