SCIV: Amy Strategies and Setups

I don't know if people noticed but Amy's 236BB mashed correctly leads to 53 dmg on hit and a guaranteed 3B, doing something like 68 damage on a normal hit.

But the best thing about mashing 236BB is that it rapes the living fuck out of the soul gauge. I just tested this in training mode today and it takes 4 blocked strings to soul crush someone when they're in the green. Not 7, not 6, FOUR. It leaves you at -16 but hot damn this shit is awesome.

Way to properly mash it is to hit B 6 times before the first hit connects. If you do it correctly, you get a 6 hit version of the move. You have to hit all 6 Bs before the first hit connects tho otherwise you'll only get 3 or 4 hits.

Anyone use 4BB? since CF is dead I am moving to 8way =D.

I don't have much local matches, but I found that even tho 4BB is slower than 6BB, it gave you better lock down and pressuring both on hit and block. 6BB is still great for intercepting attacks, but its not really good on pressuring once your opponent know that it give disadvantage on block.

-On hit the character is pushed to the floor, buying Amy's time to either get some air or to rush in further.
-On block its safe since it push opponent to crouch, limited the chooses of their counter poke.
-Its TC at beginning, really good against character with fast AA.
-4B 236 is doable against opponent that expected the second B.

------

Another move I want to discuss about is 11A.... anyone ever use that moves? When it hit the opponent will kinda stun for half a sec or so. 11A is slow, punishable on block, and doesn't even do that much damage.

Anyone found a use for it?

I'm with pixel on this 3BA thing, if you were to play extremely defensive people, they'll find a way to capitalize on your blocked/GI'd low. Even in the vids posted in the threads below you can see seig getting wsK's and shit for free, leading to knockdown, leading to oki. Too risky imo.

Well you're going to have to do it sometimes... because you can use 3B to mess with people's heads a little bit. Also just doing 3BA 6:6B after non-breakable stuns is good damage and she has good range with the move. Also, doing 3BA will tech catch as well (basic example CH 4A, 3BA) and you can use to to keep them on the ropes a little bit. Even though keeping them on the ground isn't that great for amy you can still get them with 2B+K, 6A+B, 236K:A, A+K,B. It just depends on how you want to use the move. Also, don't forget about the tech crouch properties of 3BA, which you may not notice it scoring you damage unless you play against her.

Running up and just doing the move isn't going to help any though.

Sig's WS K is i15 frames. 3BA recovers at -11. After a block of her 3BA, Amy has time to B+K his WS K and launch him for free. Not all Amys will do the A anyway, which is why the string is useful without being overpowered. Quick jumping mids are the best general solution to people who abuse it, besides GI'ing on reaction.

Hey, since I figured this is the right place to ask, I got some questions about some "combos"...

2B+K, 66A+B will sometimes get ukemi'd at odd angles. Is this truly guaranteed, or did lag get me?

BT B+K, 1KA, 8A+B whiffs on some characters (Astaroth for example, the 1KA either misses or turns into a 3K). I tried substituting in 66A+B instead but sometimes it gets ukemi'd... again, did lag get me?

B+K K, 6A+B236 is hard to land, sometimes totally whiffing, or it gets blocked... is there anything easier or more reliable? (don't say anything related to 6:6B, that Just Ukemi off of it is a bitch. >_<)

thanks.

3BA, that's what I do.

Normal 66B isn't too bad either, it leave your opponent right under your feet for another mix up.

Hey, since I figured this is the right place to ask, I got some questions about some "combos"...

2B+K, 66A+B will sometimes get ukemi'd at odd angles. Is this truly guaranteed, or did lag get me?

BT B+K, 1KA, 8A+B whiffs on some characters (Astaroth for example, the 1KA either misses or turns into a 3K). I tried substituting in 66A+B instead but sometimes it gets ukemi'd... again, did lag get me?

B+K K, 6A+B236 is hard to land, sometimes totally whiffing, or it gets blocked... is there anything easier or more reliable? (don't say anything related to 6:6B, that Just Ukemi off of it is a bitch. >_<)

thanks.

2B+K, 66A+B is not guaranteed, I don't think. 2B+K, FC 1B is. After 2B+K hold 1 and mash B, should work every time. I get a LOT of damage from 2B+K, FC 1B. All of Amy's mids are super good, and most people with be very careful about ducking into them when she is at advantage.

BT B+K, 1KA is tough, it often happens very fast, and you have to be fast with 1KA. I have noticed that sometimes it fails depending on the range you were at when after the landing of B+K. IMO, do BT B+K, 1KA, 33B. I don't think 8A+B is guaranteed because it can be teched up to a certain or certain directions.

B+K K, 6A+B,A is the combo. You should hit the 6A+B,A RIGHT before they hit the ground; it looks like you're hitting them on the ground actually. Go into practice mode and try it over and over and over again untill it become muscle memory--the same goes with 6:6B, you need to get comfortable with it.

2B+K, 66A+B is not guaranteed, I don't think. 2B+K, FC 1B is. After 2B+K hold 1 and mash B, should work every time. I get a LOT of damage from 2B+K, FC 1B. All of Amy's mids are super good, and most people with be very careful about ducking into them when she is at advantage.

I used to do 2B+K, WC 1B. I can fall back on it, I guess, but is there nothing else you can do that's higher damage?

BT B+K, 1KA is tough, it often happens very fast, and you have to be fast with 1KA. I have noticed that sometimes it fails depending on the range you were at when after the landing of B+K. IMO, do BT B+K, 1KA, 33B. I don't think 8A+B is guaranteed because it can be teched up to a certain or certain directions.

Like I said... go into practice mode and try it on Astaroth. 1KA completely misses or turns into 3K. Try it on Cassandra, and it works fine, but certain characters it just doesn't work on, and I don't believe in character-specific combos.

B+K K, 6A+B,A is the combo. You should hit the 6A+B,A RIGHT before they hit the ground; it looks like you're hitting them on the ground actually. Go into practice mode and try it over and over and over again untill it become muscle memory--the same goes with 6:6B, you need to get comfortable with it.

like I said, 6A+B has horrible range... if you launch at the very tip of K, even when you time it properly you can whiff. as for 6:6B (or even regular 66B), you can't combo off of that (because of the Just Ukemi you can do), so is there nothing else? I can think of similar mids to use that are easier.

and 3BA can be air controlled...

OK, this is pissing me off.

The computer isn't doing a Just Ukemi off of B+K K, 6:6B.

... but dammit, I remember it clearly because it was a tournament. B+K K, 6:6B and he Just Ukemi'd the A.

I don't know who to believe now... 6:6BA was my standard B+K K followup, but I stopped using it because of that instance.

*couple of minutes later*

and I just did it now. Twice. Just Ukemi off the 6:6B.

Stupid computer... lying to me...

you should still use 6:6BA

or 6A+B,A

just learn the proper timing for 6A+B,A

if you whiff sometimes, big whoop

I used to do 2B+K, WC 1B. I can fall back on it, I guess, but is there nothing else you can do that's higher damage?

like I said, 6A+B has horrible range... if you launch at the very tip of K, even when you time it properly you can whiff. as for 6:6B (or even regular 66B), you can't combo off of that (because of the Just Ukemi you can do), so is there nothing else? I can think of similar mids to use that are easier.

and 3BA can be air controlled...

2B+K, 6A+B A - the first hit will whiff but the 2nd and 3rd are guaranteed. As long as 2B+K doesn't hit on max range ( yes it has range! ) oh and it also whiffs if you 2B+K when your opponent's back is turned.

and 6A+B i noticed that it whiffs on much larger characters nightmare etc. etc. and you can always do 3B ~ 236 when they decide to go flying outward

oh and B+K K, 6A+B,A what's with the 48 damage and 52 and 53 randomness...i know that you get 48 if it's late but whatever not like it matters lol

edit: what do you guys think of 66A+B on wake up? i constantly charge at my opponents with it ( when they're on the ground and being stubborn to face 2B+K and 3BA D: )

you should still use 6:6BA

or 6A+B,A

just learn the proper timing for 6A+B,A

if you whiff sometimes, big whoop

I guess I'll just have to... hit confirm it or something. oh, hell, I don't think you can hit confirm 6:6BA.

... I suppose just plain ol' 6:6B it is, then.

I'm sorta disappointed in it, though. the whole point of using 6:6B is so that you CAN'T Just Ukemi out of it. but whatever. rant rant rant.

And whiffing is a problem! >_< I've had matches turn traitor on me just 'cause I made a few mistakes... I can't let things go wrong like that if I don't have to.

66A+B on wakeup... uhh, I've had it work a couple of times, but you'll have to mix that up with other stuff, I wouldn't use it a large percentage of the time.

I'm sure if I 66A+B'd kenhowe's Taki every time that situation rolled around, I'd probably eat wrK instead. i15 and random ringouts?
screw that steenking move.

edit: what do you guys think of 66A+B on wake up? i constantly charge at my opponents with it ( when they're on the ground and being stubborn to face 2B+K and 3BA D: )

I do 1B on that type of opponent, once they got hit they will roll back up right away, and Amy will be right in front of them since 1B travels. They will wake up in 2B+K and 3BA range.

Or 8A+B while they on the ground, then tech trap them with 6A+B like someone mentioned before in another thread worked for me too, may be its lag or their lack of experience, but it works for me =p

I am loving Amy's 4A+B UB. The cancel games are just too good. My major use for it currently is as a tech trap after 2A+B. Can be escaped with back tech due to her short range but the mind games are too strong.

They stand there? They eat it.
They stay grounded? Since it cancels automatically into 236 do KK_K:A.
They step? Do 236's A.
They try to interrupt? Try A+B or B+K.

It's just way too good not to be used where appropriate. It just came to me one night and has been workin' wonders since.

Back