SCIV Online: Good Happy Games

I have to say that my opinion on the online mode has gotten a lot better since my first impression of it. A 4 bar connection is definitely playable, lag sneaks its head in every once in a while when blocking lows or trying to break throws on reaction, but it's not too annoying. 5 bars are good.

I've only really played ranked, but I think that's because I don't like waiting around as a spectator. I create the sessions, so when I choose Nightmare, it's their choice whether they want a caged-in stage or not. It's actually a matter of whether they want their defeat by RO or by wall combos ;P.

In all seriousness, the way my Nightmare plays right now wouldn't be so great against people who realize that I interrupt with GS A or NSS K a lot, or against people that used 2A. Admittedly I win primarily because most people don't know what NM can do beyond 1A6 GS KK; I don't mind being the educator though :). I get a lot of good plays against Siegfrieds and Astaroths though, 'cause I have to work around Sieg's 3 and Asta's 6K, and I get to play a ranged game more often. That, and I get to sneak in a A+B counterattack every now and then.

I might venture into the player matches eventually, since I hear a lot of good talk about it here. My GT's up there ^.

I usually play in private 4 people rooms with my good friends.
I only did Ranked matches to get the achievement honestly....
I don't think I can say I EVER had a decent match there...Especially with the button delay on my side but not on theirs..Ah...good times. :]

I played vs this totally awesome Hilde. Best Hilde i ever seen and the most fun matches I've ever had online. Dude whoever you are, you are awesome. I'm sorry my connection as laggy like that but it was really fun.

I love playing against good ivy with Astroth or Zas. Some of the best matches I've had, doesn't feel fustrating losing to her like getting poked to death by raph or amy, I just feel like I was outplayed. Astroth vs Astroth is also loads of fun, it's basically a guessing game to see who slips up first and loses half their life. :p

My games against BlackDragon37 are always good happy games.

Especially now that I'm going to stop using Hilde and going back to Cervantes. Man, he's brutal.

Secret : Sometimes I use Psycho Crusher...err, Geo Da Ray on purpose to pass across you because I play better from the right side. Same reason why you always pick 1p.
It's not too bad with Cervy, but with Sophie is awful. I have troubles performing 236236 from 1p. I need to get used to iGDR from analog stick and the different timing.

I will still use Hilde time to time though.

GG's to TheOnlyOne last night, and to the other person in the room last night as well. (I can't remember his name for the life of me). I got schooled, but gg's nonetheless.

Online really is as people have described. I figured people were blowing things out of proportion but I was incorrect. There are a LOT of Mitsu and Kilik users online. And if it wasn't Mitsu or Kilik, it was a CAS with a Mitsu or Kilik soul. There were the occasional Maxi spammer too.

However, even through all the hilarious matches, I did encounter some good matches. I had a few mirror Tira matches, which shocked me actually. Three of them I dominated, one was really close (I lost that one, el oh el), and the other I got my ass handed to me. GGs indeed. No mirror Setsuka matches unfortunately.

Online really is as people have described. I figured people were blowing things out of proportion but I was incorrect. There are a LOT of Mitsu and Kilik users online. And if it wasn't Mitsu or Kilik, it was a CAS with a Mitsu or Kilik soul. There were the occasional Maxi spammer too.

However, even through all the hilarious matches, I did encounter some good matches. I had a few mirror Tira matches, which shocked me actually. Three of them I dominated, one was really close (I lost that one, el oh el), and the other I got my ass handed to me. GGs indeed. No mirror Setsuka matches unfortunately.

Well, here in Europe I am happy to see another Mitsu, usually you see a lot of Kiliks and a lot of Cervantes, a few Siegfried/Nightmare and the occasional Astaroth. At least that is what I did see. Apparently someone must have told others how invincible Kiliks and Cervis are. I was astounded when I saw two different Xianghua today.

nope. a lot of my friends use mitsu and kilik. pisses me off.
not cause theyre good, but just cause im so bored of em. theyre the people who pick someone who plays easy and calls them 'sick'. while if they use someone else(like yoshi/voldo/etc) and do bad with them, they automatically label them sucky characters cause theyre harder to button mash with. untill we prove them wrong of course. thats the mark of a noob.
such boring characters. i got a lot more to say....but eh...

This thread is supposed to be for happy experiences with tree hugging, weed smoking and ass kissing.

Don't disturb the positiveness in this thread.

Played some good player matches the other day with a yun dressed up in a brown warlock costume fighting my cass in her black witch costume. Looked hilariously cool, great yun player too. The warlock lizardman was also pretty cool. Away from my PS3 right now so I can't remember the name, but after a few matches, some crazy ivy came in and proceeded to decimate us, then leave before we could get back at him.

Fun times.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting my ass handed to me by KrayzieCD last night, good times indeed, it reminds me of how much improvement i actually need. I wish i could blame it on the 4 bar connection, but that would be a huge lie. For 4 bars, lag was a problem when we played. His PSN name is lostintime though.

This thread is supposed to be for happy experiences with tree hugging, weed smoking and ass kissing.

Don't disturb the positiveness in this thread.

Ok! My RL friends had happy games against you. Mitsurugi player is horrible, but he was happy he beat you once (one round, but it's a major victory).
I was telling them by mic from where were your hits coming mostly. Kinda funny.

Back