SCIV Speech Files

By the way, would anyone be interested in the speech files from SC4? I've extracted all of them so I can get a few, so I could upload if anyone wants them. I think there's quite a few of unused speech too, like each character has lines about shopping for clothes.

Awwww.. and I was going to keep to keep this as a secret. lol. Oh well the cat's out of the bag. Looks like you also found it. I wanted to surprise everyone by adding all these new voices to the upcoming SC machinima series that I am currently working on.

Sectus I have the entire voice library catalogue. If you want the character index, PM me. The character file structure (from voice, 3d models, texture, etc) all follow a similar naming and number sequence {i.e. adx - E/J 0B= Ivy, E/J 0C = Kilik, E/J 42=Shura, and so forth} The other in-game battle voices are encrypted in another folder (as .dtx).

It's interesting (and surprising) that they left all this unused stuff in there as it shows they did consider a shop like you find in SC3 and even something for training mode since there are voiced rooting or cheering files in there as well.

Awwww.. and I was going to keep to keep this as a secret. lol. Oh well the cat's out of the bag. Looks like you also found it also. I want to surprise everyone by adding all these new voices to the upcoming SC machinima series that I am currently working on.
Yeah, I suppose that's an inevitable risk :-P

Sectus I have the entire voice library catalogue. If you want the character index, PM me. The character file structure (from voice, 3d models, texture, etc) all follow a similar naming and number sequence {i.e. adx - E/J 0B= Ivy, E/J 0C = Kilik, E/J 42=Shura, and so forth} The other in-game battle voices are encrypted in another folder (as .dtx).
Maybe I extracted the AFS with the wrong utility, I didn't get any filenames at all, all the files are just numbers. I've been able to properly rename most of them so far though. What AFS extractor did you use?

You been able to extract the battle speech by the way? The DTX files can be decrypted with an official xbox utility, but after that I'm a bit stuck. From the header, it looks like it could be a container with a ton of XMA files but I dunno how to proceed to get it extracted.

Did you try extracting speech from SC2 or SC3 by the way?

It's interesting (and surprising) that they left all this unused stuff in there as it shows they did consider a shop like you find in SC3 and even something for training mode since there are voiced rooting or cheering files in there as well.
Yeah, I was rather surprised too. Although I guess I should have expected to stumble on something unused. Every game I've modded or looked closely into I've always found unfinished or unused content.

I made this video based on RE5 when I found a bunch of unused speech: (and that isn't even half of it, there's a ton of unused story related speech but it's a lot harder to go through those)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-G8oNquz7k

Yay! Is English Mina available yet?
Not yet. She's bound to be in one of the speech sets I linked to though. Once someone tells me which number she is I'll upload.

Thank you.
Surprised Just kidding wasn't in X's pack~
She probably only says "just kidding" midbattle, and that's speech I haven't been able to extract.

Japanese 8 - Kilik (I believe)
Japanese 12 - Tira (Jolly)
Japanese 16 - Talim

I don't think Talim's English voice is there though :o

Thanks for the help with recognizing voices, but I'm gonna try to re-extract everything based on what skytoast told me, as that way I should get proper filenames which should mean no more figuring out which character is which.

Maybe I'll just upload every character after that since there's requests for almost everyone anyway.

Uploads done! They're all available here: http://www.tzarsectus.com/sc4-speech

People who have downloaded any sets might wanna redownload them as these ones have better filenames. Thanks to skytoast for the new way of extracting the speech. There's a few sets which aren't named, these are sets for CAS characters.

I only named one of the CAS sets, because I realized it's done by the same guy who did the voice for Wesker in Resident Evil 5 and he even talks in the exact same way. Which inspired me to make this quick video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKQ-zX9Hts

That's pretty awesome, thanks for taking the time to upload these.

But I'm wondering, would you be able to get the in game battle shouts? I know that everyone has things that they would say during battle that were never used in the game, so I'm curious to hear some of them.

I've barely looked into that, but they're in another format. If I get any progress on that front I'll update the thread with those.

By the way, you've modded SC2, right? Have you been able to extract any sound/voice files from that? Or SC3 for that matter?

By the way, you've modded SC2, right? Have you been able to extract any sound/voice files from that? Or SC3 for that matter?
Yes I have. Back in the SC2/SC3 days I was able to extract all the character voices and battle cries as well. But honestly it's been so many years that I've forgotten how to do most of that stuff, I would need to refresher if I were to get back into doing game modding, plus I'm sure there are now different easier methods to doing these types of things. But for the most part I don't have the time to get back into modding SC so I've lost interest in it.

Strange, I don't remember hearing the characters' voices in the shop. I got a big LOL on their lines: xD
-Rock coughing obnoxiously when he doesn't have enough money or has trouble deciding.
-Tira saying "Oooh, sexy!"
-Nightmare somewhat embarrassed to ask how he looks: "Hmmmm (exhaling deeply)"
-Xianghua asking "Is this too revealing?"
-Yoshimitsu saying "YES!~ :D"

Yes I have. Back in the SC2/SC3 days I was able to extract all the character voices and battle cries as well. But honestly it's been so many years that I've forgotten how to do most of that stuff, I would need to refresher if I were to get back into doing game modding, plus I'm sure there are now different easier methods to doing these types of things. But for the most part I don't have the time to get back into modding SC so I've lost interest in it.
Aha, good to know it's possible at least. If you do remember some steps of the process, let me know.

Hooray, you uploaded all of them! Nice job.
Just to let you know though, Mina's has some Vader clips. Its the last 3.
Whoopsie, thanks for letting me know. I've moved over those clips and re-uploaded the rar files for Mina and Vader.

Back