SCIV to SCV data transferring

REPROBEAN_CHILD

[14] Master
I've been thinking that it may be a good idea if players were able to get bonuses in SCV with a gamesaves carried over from SCIV. Games like LittleBIGPlanet 2, inFAMOUS 2 and Mass Effect 2 have features where you unlock content by keeping savedata from previous games. With an SCIV savefile, I was thinking that maybe players could things like...

-Unlock CAS equipment if a certain number of SCIV honors are completed
-Transfer Creator Creation equipment/CAS characters (CAS characters with styles from characters not in SCV would automatically be given an alternative style)
-Transfer the number of Gold earned from SCIV

What do you guys think?

^^^ perhaps the CAS would transfer over... I really can't see gold transferring over. People with sc4 would get gold from playing online... and probably have a huge surplus of gold. Especially if they unlocked everything in sc4.

People with sc4 would get gold from playing online... and probably have a huge surplus of gold. Especially if they unlocked everything in sc4.
This.. I have 4,500,000 something gold just sitting there not being used, so if that transferred over to SCV, I would not even need to play the game before I could unlock everything in SCV's CAS which would dilute the experience for me. So, personally, I would forgo the transfer of gold. I like the idea of transferring other, more practical things like the ones mentioned in the original post though.

Transferring CAS might be problematic since presumably SCV has a new CAS system and new armor / weapons. Doubt they'd build in legacy support by porting everything over; they're trying to distance SCV from SCIV, not remind people of it (even though the level of detail in SCIV's equipment was top-notch). Not saying it's a bad idea, I have a couple of characters I hope I can re-create in SCV after all.

Transferring CAS might be problematic since presumably SCV has a new CAS system and new armor / weapons. Doubt they'd build in legacy support by porting everything over; they're trying to distance SCV from SCIV, not remind people of it (even though the level of detail in SCIV's equipment was top-notch). Not saying it's a bad idea, I have a couple of characters I hope I can re-create in SCV after all.

This, but instead of recreating characters, I have a way to make characters look even better.

I would like to assume everyone is going to be unlocked from the get go, but if not, at least allow imported data to unlock any returners that happen to be locked characters. Otherwise, I don't know what could possibly carry over, seeing as how they seem to be completely overhauling character creation.

Well I know that the system will most likely be different, but then again there was some equipment in SCIV that was based on what was used in SCIII. I'm sure they could just adapt the equipment into SCV the same way they did it for SCIV.

I would like to assume everyone is going to be unlocked from the get go, but if not, at least allow imported data to unlock any returners that happen to be locked characters. Otherwise, I don't know what could possibly carry over, seeing as how they seem to be completely overhauling character creation.
If a character has a style that's based on a character not in SCV, they could just get like a default style instead (such as Pat for males and Phyrra for females since they're the main characters.)

Why would you need anything from SCIV's Character Creation in SCV?

You can't be that attached your ugly little creations, can you?

And if you are, just recreate it in SCV. If this is impossible... who cares?

Why would you need anything from SCIV's Character Creation in SCV?

You can't be that attached your ugly little creations, can you?

And if you are, just recreate it in SCV. If this is impossible... who cares?

There's no reason for you to come off as a jackass, especially since you've never seen my creations. Some players wouldn't mind seeing their creations transfer over IF it's a possible feature. If anyone is making a big deal about it, it's you. Besides, it's not the only thing I suggested.

I am just hoping for all of SC4 Content to be back in combination with New SC5 content. This would be so much :D But It would be sweet if Fighting games did stuff like that, I love seeing new stages but i sometimes miss the old ones...

I favor this idea to reward players who played SCIV. I agree with some, that transferring gold will ruin some of the gameplay experience. So it doesn't have to be anything big like characters, money, or etc. In Super Street Fighter 4, players got extra color schemes. Maybe by having SCIV gameplay saved, you unlock your soul edge weapon at the beginning or the SCIV match announcer.
Personally, I hope it is something big like a bonus character, stage, or character creation equipment that is unlocked. I put a lot of time in SCIV

I favor this idea to reward players who played SCIV.
QFT. It would be a nice gesture, a sort of capstone on the whole dev-fan relationship they've been building. I'm not sure what the perfect balance is, though. I'm against exclusive characters or stages on principle. Equipment doesn't really matter to everyone, although I would personally like it. But I think you would need some kind of visible badge of SCIV time investment, so equipment could serve that purpose.

Hm.

There's no reason for you to come off as a jackass, especially since you've never seen my creations. Some players wouldn't mind seeing their creations transfer over IF it's a possible feature. If anyone is making a big deal about it, it's you. Besides, it's not the only thing I suggested.
sorry it just really annoys me when players care about character creation mode... the first thing casual players talk about is how they made spiderman or something stupid. Meanwhile they suck at the game because they spent so much time playing dress-up.

as for the other stuff it shouldn't take long to unlock everything... I thought you guys loved unlocking stuff anyway?

sorry it just really annoys me when players care about character creation mode... the first thing casual players talk about is how they made spiderman or something stupid. Meanwhile they suck at the game because they spent so much time playing dress-up.

as for the other stuff it shouldn't take long to unlock everything... I thought you guys loved unlocking stuff anyway?
All my characters are original and I know how to play the game. You don't need to generalize anyone based on how they use a feature on the game and regardless of what YOU think, it's a part of SoulCalibur just like the fighting is. You don't like CAS? Fine. But I do and I'd spend hours on it if I like.

^^^ perhaps the CAS would transfer over...
The clothing you unlocked in SC4 would be copied into SCV + the new equipment in SC5 is all I'd need personally, the voices were the WORST part of SC4's creation mode and I never want to hear "apologize now" are anything else that Scheherazade says in that pitch... my ears still bleed.

I don't care about the characters I made in SC4 because of how limited they were, but it had some clothing I liked. (not much but it did...a very small bit)

I have more gold than real money, so no ;)

But unlocking the entire roster from the get - go would be a nice little 'welcome back, see, we were listening :)'

Back