SCV Character Creation Discussion

I didn't even know the pocket and sash had bump maps (never tried them). Thank you for this informative posts with entertaining characters.

A little tip to utilize the bump maps. :3 Have your main layer as the highest layer (furthest slot on the right). Any bump maps should go on the layer beneath it.

At level 35 (not sure if more exist) the bump maps are:
Eyeball sticker
Griffon Emblem
Phoenix Emblem
Sash
Pocket
Fabric Patch
Sun
Moon

Those aren't the exact names, I'm just going from visual memory since I'm not playing right now. o3o The items will show the relief of the texture without any of the colors (bump mapping :D). They can stack as well for a more dramatic bump map.

Definitely more texturing/bump mapping options! I'm finding them very useful even now. Someone raised the conflicting gear issue already. This really needs to go away, and since it had already been implemented better before in some cases, I can't imagine it would be too hard to make. Sliders to adjust normal gear is almost a necessity if we're going to see more of this floating gear in future installments. Increase the limit of sticker amount. I also think it would be time for a more advanced hair options.

This last one goes more to the "more cas items" category: I want some better, larger capes. I want so many things that I sometimes almost forget that this is a fighting game first, but once they introduced CaS in sc3, I can't help but to grave more, more and more.

Not the best work but doing what I can with level 35 parts. I want more bump maps... I use the pocket and swatch too much. x3 Not much in the way of item-parts I like either... was about to make a huge amount of characters in SC4 without re-using many parts between then... Hope it's alright to post here. Didn't wanna create my own thread. Aaaanyway. x3
Deis.png

Deis. A new character.
Shiaia.png

Shiaia. A recurring character of mine since SC3. She/He o3o. No more Zasalamel style. ;~;
Sydney.png

Sydney. Another recurring character. o3o Harem-boy turned heir turned king.
Jacob.png

Jacob. Yep a recurrence. o3o Hate that fauld but whatever. Sydney's Man. Gladiator-Body Guard-Warrior King. Bullllge. x3
Maleteu.png

Maleteu. New lil' satyr-like sex dungeon escapee. o3o
Moinadh.png

Moinadh. Crazy-ass newcomer.
Joseph.png

Joseph. Jacob's brother. Former gladiator, now head guard. o3o

cool characters! Pretty sexy too lol

To add on to possibly new things for CAS. I most definitely hope that they add in a face editor for CAS. I'm talking like something similar to the face editior/modifier in Guitar Hero games (Guitar Hero 5 latest) where they let you basically customize how your characters face looks. Sorry but I just am getting a little tired choosing the face presets because they make a lot of the characters look the same. And to the people who don't think they should add this feature or just don't want to put time into detailing the face to their liking, they can always keep the base presets for those who don't want to go the extra mile.

They've already added the body modification and they did a hell of a good job. They let you customize practically everything from arms to legs and so on (except the butt lol) so I know they could work in a face modifier as well and I hope they do in SC6. But yeah like everyone else said, would like to see a ton more CAS garments and more stickers/patterns as well as the fabric option another user brought up.

Gah! I'm horrible at creating characters ): I really need more items to use but I'm finding it hard to level up quicker
Arcade farming on normal is quite a good way to do. You can also go to quick battle and find an "E" level, and keep on defeating them. There is actually a topic in this forum for how to use cheap tactics against those dumb E level CPU for quick EXP.

I'm at level 57, and all I've unlocked is a sticker, it's a shame if no additional equipment is to be unlocked from lvl 52 on, right now I'm at a creative block. I hate that not all the SCIV equipment made it through, it really would've helped and they need a patch to remove the 'conflicting' equipment issue. I have both the demon and angel wings and really can't use either on fully clothed creations. Bat Wings aren't swag. [Unless you're making a Morrigan-esque character.]

Hopefully more DLC soon, I need to keep my Raphael/Tira/Patroklos char creations looking good. And I have 40 slots waiting to be filled!

On a side note, I guess the DLC music can only be heard in versus or training? I haven't been able to hear it in the single player modes or on xbox live.

There isn't much left to hope for, other than new stickers, thumbnails, and some weapon effects (Currently Lv. 79). I agree, they need to patch the "conflicting" equipment thing (Oiran Kimono + Hip Skirt is a go, but I can't use it with the Long Skirt? bullshit).

The DLC music doesn't appear in single player modes, but you can use it on Live/PSN, should you have it and you pick the stage BGM, or should your opponent have them and they choose to utilize them.

The last unlock was so anticlimactic.

2 "motif" stickers and a couple more untitled "Chinese" characters.

The last unlock was so anticlimactic.

2 "motif" stickers and a couple more untitled "Chinese" characters.
I noticed that they gave a lot of Japanese culture-related stuff for the stickers. Imo, they didn't need to use any of those Chinese characters. They should've just given us more patterns (I've found myself reusing the same ones)

I wish they hadn't given them to us at all and spent that time making even just one sticker that was marginally more useful.

Creation does something weird in terms of keeping track of your creations... It seems like it keeps a number on how many characters you make; even copies/alternative versions of a created character still counts as one character (I thought this was neat, because I like this idea). What I don't understand is why it literally keeps tracks of everything you save, even once you delete it. For instance, if you created 13 characters and you deleted 3, it will still say you've made 13 characters. If you go on to make another, even if the last 3 are gone, it will say you've made 14 characters. Keeping track of characters is cool and all, but doing it like this makes very little sense to me...

Argh I know, it's so annoying.
I wanted to make a character with angel wings and that off-the-shoulder dress(the name escapes me), but then I got the conflicting equipment message ._.

I was so very displeased.

I really wish they had brought back more from SC3 and 4. I mean, as far as armor goes, there's only a couple normal-looking things. Everything else is just too over-the-top for me. I noticed that they got rid of just about every piece in SC4 that was part of a character's 2P outfit. Which makes no sense, since those designs aren't even IN SC5 which would make the parts unique. Hell they even got rid of the majority of the 2P hairstyles.

I'm still pissed about the lack of a female ponytail.
.___.

Back