SCV glitches collection / Patching the game

Belial, Aeon's CE glitch is described here so I'd suggest linking this video:

Great thread BTW!

Another glitch worth mentioning: Voldo's BS (BT). He cannot GI lows in BS (not sure if it's a bug), can duck Ivy's CE (Astaroth's too?) after the freeze animation and I've heard he can step-G while in BS.

natsu 6A+B4, PO A:6 normal hit whiffs on a few characters regardless of range. let me compile a list and get back to you.

Yea if Voldo is in BT he can step G like as if were playing SC4. And he can't GI lows if he in BT.

The Dampierre glitch with his CE is if an opponent does a Jump moves it will sometime do nothing and the opponent just falls down. But other times it can connect but when it does it will do around 70 damage instead of 90. Although I don't know if the damage thing was intended because the same thing happen with Nightmare( his damage is less if his CE GI a jump move). Also if opponent does far range move like Ivy 3B+K to Dampierre CE, will GI it but won't connect, similar to Nightmare again.

Most annoying glitches for me as a cervantes player:

-4B BE completely whiffing through Voldo, just straight through him + throws whiffing magically on closerange against Voldo. WTF is going on with Voldo Hitbox anyways?

-WR A+B is NH but Alpha can block second Part even on hit.

- Stupid Camera angle switches are massive for Cervantes, cage etc is unplayable sometimes. after iGDR Air hit etc sometimes (often) the camera switches in a way you cannot input any CE or IGDR at all, both directions just wont work. You just completely miss your combos due to this, also after iGDR etc. So annoying for Cervantes since it happens all the fucking time.

Tira's CE whiffs at tip range a LOT and/or if you do it to their back-left shoulder on most characters. Gloomy's last hit should have a knockdown or be unblockable or something. I'm so sick of it whiffing and if they don't block the last hit they're barely even phased.

I also think it should start up if they stop blocking before all four hits of the standard hits are finished, kinda like Yoshi's.
Either that, or it should always do the full animation. all the time. ALWAYS! if the first attack hits.

I'm too noob to figure out what is bugged there? Isn't that a normal combo? 3B 236B CE CE ?
i think the input one person suggested was 3B, 236(B), G+A+K ie, hold the B while inputing G+A+K. another person suggested 3B, 236(B),8aK again while holding the B. yet another suggested "hold the 236 B and then input 98A+B+K".
if you look at the vid closely before the CE comes out, the input is something like, 3B, 1236(B)98(a)K, where you don't release B and A until very end. just look at the damage!! it's much higher than the normal 3B 236B CE CE. the extra damage is coming from the 236B inputted in the way stated above, which i think went from 40+ to 60+. the way the person on the taiwan forum explained it as (i'm translating and paraphrasing of course) "getting 236(B) out in the same amount of time as 236B using the cancel property of BE, but without actually expending gauge." another poster noted that 236(B) became 16 frames, -2 on block without expending any gauge. this is like a BE-cancel similar to QS4G where instead of the 4 cancelling the quick step into guard, the BE-like command cancel out the delay of 236(B).
i haven't got it yet because at first i thought it's just like a faster version for CE to come out. but after examining the vid and the original post further, i realized that the "glitch" is not in the CE but in the 236(B).
vid's in spoiler for your convenience.

It's kind of sad that I'm upset this doesn't work with everyone, lol. Just tried it with Tira.. XD
i think it only works for characters with moves that have a normal version, a "hold" version and a BE version.... actually... i can't think of any one else other than Mitsu...

Also, I know this is not a glitch, but when this glitch compilation list is sent over, can someone put in a side note asking Namco to re-think the "balancing" they did for Tira. it's fine if they want to force Tira to stay in JS, but at least make both side more balance (by buffing JS, not by nerfing GS).

If nothing else, just put the Brave Edges back to their previous state, please and thank you.

It may not be glitches, but it's still a matter worth addressing.

*drowning in tears of...two WHOLE Tira fans*

44A.B shouldn't be a combo when max delayed, except on counter hit. Ivy's 6A.K should knock down again, but only on counter hit. You couldn't get any guaranteed damage off it's knock down anyways.

I'm too noob to figure out what is bugged there? Isn't that a normal combo? 3B 236B CE CE ?

The point is that you get the abilities of the Brave Edge version of 236B (the hard knockdown state, the speed) but the damage of the 236B HOLD version as well as the damage from the hold version

my explanation would be that charged bullrush is a much slower move, AND the BE version can change the startup only at beginning. so, when you buffer the move and gain those ~20 frames, those still aren't enough to make the BE window and the glitch window overlap. but of course, there's no way to know for sure without looking at the code.

the "intentional" part is a joke right? else i'm questioning your judgement. that's a normal move with much better properties than a BE; and project soul jokes aside, they made an otherwise excellent job this time.

the "intentional" part is a joke right? else i'm questioning your judgement. that's a normal move with much better properties than a BE; and project soul jokes aside, they made an otherwise excellent job this time.

of course it's a joke... you can question my sanity, but you shouldn't question my judgement. XD

and i do hope that the "excellent job" was referring to the game and not the patch... because for a patch to introduce an infinite and unnecessary nerfs, it's not an excellent job. it may be good or adequate, but it'll never be excellent. unless you are only referring to the fact that they fixed jG and QS4G, then yes, they did an excellent job... (but wait, they forgot voldo's BT stance)....

XD

sorry about that ;)

yeah i meant the game in general; anyway i consider even the patch a very good thing, overall. while the character changes can be controversial, it's much more important that it corrected 2 abusable techniques (fuzzyG and stepG) and adjusted the risk/reward for backdashing (even if atm this one still hurts me).

on topic: if you just guard and get crossed up, for a brief period you can't just guard anymore
easy setup: record zwei doing B+K BE, 66B+K. only when you JG the 66B+K, you can't JG the wolf.

not sure if this is a glitch and i'd only seen the CPU do it. but i've seen cpu do a BT just guard. ie, i attack from CPU's back and they just guard the attack while facing the other way.

EDIT: yes, very, very glad they fixed fuzzyG and QS4G.

Back