SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

The Soul Arena guidelines have been released. Here are the changes in the new SCV Ivy SA:

- Combos, Tech Traps and Frame Data threads will remain sticked and closed. They will serve purely as information threads. New threads (not sticked) open for discussion will be made soon.

- SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion will be the only open (sticked) thread. It also has the forum directory function (see page 1).

- Updated links to FD and Tech Trap threads on the page 1.

- Eli123s has been appointed as the new Ivy SA moderator. Congratulations =)

So apparently there was some big gaming event called GAMEX in Sweden, which is where people got news about Lizardman and Kilik possibly being Leixhua's father. But more importantly, did anyone get any info on Ivy? Was she different in the playable build there, are they still rebalancing her, etc?

imagefromurl.jpeg

been watching vids on youtube for sc5, and i was really skeptical of ivy for sc5, she looks pretty weak compared to her sc4 style. But i saw her critical edge, it looked cool, but im still a little sad they removed all her stances. What happened? did a bunch of noobs complain that she was too hard to use?

I didnt even know this was Ivy stage at first i just thought it looked really nice (http://8wayrun.com/attachments/alchemy1-jpg.8237/) . The stage is a good fit for Ivy they even kept her Rose/flower motif on the windows. On another note i really hope the Prjsoul team re-does some of Ivy's moves some of them I feel/felt had alot of potienal but just werent executed correctly. Like 66[ A ] it would be a decent tech trap imo if it had CH stun on the 2nd and the 2nd hit was delayble. With the new system it would help with mind gaming ppl into other setups.

hopefully i make to NEC, I'm curious as to why they are going in the direction they are going in regards to ivy balance.

Just seen the video where Ivy's blade takes the form of a bow. I love her :D

So ... I'm going to NEC this weekend to try out SC5. Do you guys/girls have anything specific you want me to test out? I feel like most of the interesting stuff has already been posted, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Could you try 5-hit JF? In the Ezio build we couldn't even get the first JF hit to come out, which concerned me because I'm not sure anymore if 5-Hit is still in game.

Another thing I'm interested, is 7_8_9B+K guaranteed after 6B8 BE.

Good luck at NEC, enjoy the game =)

So ... I'm going to NEC this weekend to try out SC5. Do you guys/girls have anything specific you want me to test out? I feel like most of the interesting stuff has already been posted, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

can you test if her BB/AA give decent advantage? In sc4 we had her CL AA being neutral on hit and her SW BB only being like +2 or something like that.

can you test if her BB/AA give decent advantage? In sc4 we had her CL AA being neutral on hit and her SW BB only being like +2 or something like that.
I thought you were going to NEC too?

They both give nice + frames on hit. On another note, K appears to be positive on hit as well.

Yeah I waited a little bit too long to buy the plane ticket, now they're wayyyyy too high.

Can you still duck the second part of AA?

Could you try 5-hit JF? In the Ezio build we couldn't even get the first JF hit to come out, which concerned me because I'm not sure anymore if 5-Hit is still in game.

Yes, it's still there. Last hit still guard breaks.

Another thing I'm interested, is 7_8_9B+K guaranteed after 6B8 BE.

Yes, if they land at the proper distance. Walls can mess it up.

AA on hit, 3B CH Siegfried's K.
BB on hit, 3B traded with Siegfried's 6A.

Can you still duck the second part of AA?

Yes.

Thanks for the info. Keep us updated, Link.

Glad to hear 5-hit is still there.

I know this isnt anything technical, but I'm mad at the lack of Ivy usage at SCR! I really wanted to see her 2P in action -___-. But does Ivy have a Sword/Whip mix stance all mashed up in one [holding inputs to make her sword whip-like (like SC1)] or a Whip Stance, then Sword Stance completely separate from each other (like SC2)

Back