SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

I remember that in our "Ivy Wish List Discussion" some months ago some of you wanted Namco to focus her gameplay more on her Throws.
Now you got what you've asked for, so don't complain. =P

Because of CS's 666B+G input (evil!) I foresee the "run up" mixup (CS/SS/mid) to be very strong. I think SS is reactable, though as I witnessed that myself when playing against Keev for example.

Wait, forgive my ignorance but is 666B+G the entire input for CS in SCV, or just the last part?

Does it seem easier to press 6 three times, or to hold the joystick forward (and how long do you have to hold it for to get 666 (as opposed to just 66 like normal moves) )

Wait, forgive my ignorance but is 666B+G the entire input for CS in SCV, or just the last part?

FYI, IIRC its 228844666B+G. I'm pretty sure there's only two 4's, but I could be wrong.

And she can only play like Zangief if she has good mids to accompany her throw game.

It's 28284666B+G. I'm not sure if you can just hold (6) instead of doing 666.

Ivy still has the old 214k glitch.I wonder if maybe its a really technical bug that they can't remove but it sucks to have that on top of the move being nerfed.​

I don't like the old WP 3A in SCV, but I'm sure it's established that no one does.

She's definitely going to be a hard catch in SCV, but that wont be because of an advanced moveset...

Wow it really does look like Ivy has 1 stance. Doesn't affect me seeing as how I'm not an Ivy player but I feel sorry for them.

nerf-1.jpg

i asked motiosho to post that on here for me and you guys,but he must have listed the video on private by mistake,and first he made a new thread too,but oh well

i was hoping when we saw her stats she woudn't turn out as bad as she seemed but it seems she really will be quite weak,if ivys gameplay involves overusing her throws and spamming the BE then im sorry but i think im defintly off ivy for this version,i might be anyway because i liked ivy for her diversatility and fun to useher been strong was just a bonus for me

I somewhat agree that she is weaker, but i think that she will have strenght in diffrent areas then we are used to from sc4. I think Ivy's game will invole ALOT of tech trapping and mix ups. Imo she going to kind of play like a SF4 character, but instead of Option selects and cross ups..etc. We will have Tech traps and mix ups between grabs,unblockables,L/M and step catchers that allow up to force ppl into our oki games which will hopefully lead to good combos.

While i do think she could be stronger (with return of some of her old moves and the adjustment of some of her new moves properties check pg.19 of Ivy Sc4-Sc5 for specifics) i dont think she cant be played at a highly respectable lvl. At least not from what i have seen and have been theroy fighting in my head.(Im am a better theroy fighter then player but im sure the better players will be able to bring out the potential that i think she may have and i will also be trying to be as good as possible with her and her changed gameplay)

im fine with her needing more skill with tech traps and such to win,i may actually like that in some way
but its just if her main stategy involves running up to the opponent all the time and throwing and such then i am defintly out,either way i think im going to give her a damn good try when i get SCV before i decide that

its just that she has been nerfed so much and in some ways it is really stupid,just no need for some of the things

Right now I don't see many tech trap possibilities with Ivy.

Ok heres what i mean,(I might have used the wrong term tec trap) you get a knd with a 2A+B(or whatever), now youfollow up with a 2B(or whatever) the oppenet gets hit so you do this on your next knock down. On the third knock down you go for SE A+B (idk the new notation) the oppoent gets hit now, the next time your oppenent execpts you to do the same unblockable you actually use 214A and then G cancle then use kB to catch their roll or 3b if they catch on an croutch or if they just stand in confusion you could decicd to hit 214A. This is all just theroy fighter/calibur so you can get better idea of what I'm trying to say.​
kerrod ring you have both seen my post an know I generally disagree with prjsoul gameplay choice for ivy but I do think there is some potential....maybe I'm just being to optimistic.Feel free to comment or critique​

Back