SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

The only matchup I feel somewhat comfortable with is Leixia, because she's the only character whose damage output is lower than Ivy's, lol.

I agree. =) That and the unsafeness of all her spacing tools (e.g. 214B) is irrelevant cause Leixia can only punish if she stands directly in front of her breasts.

Winnable for both, but better for Ivy.

I like the fact that there's no drawback to going for the JFs after 88(B)... I remember in SCIV, if you messed up the JFs by the third whip it actually did less damage than the normal version. In SCV, as long as you get three or more, you do either the same damage or more.

It was very useful as a techtrap in SC4. But the move itself was absolutely horrible.

i agree that the damage on the jf vs the non is nice @ 3 hits, but it used to be so much more useful before it was so telegraphed.

hi.. just wanna ask what's the best combo to do after a guard burst from ivy?
new to ivy and i tried searching but had no luck.. also, can i ask for wall combos, please? her combo section does not include them.. thanks :)

As a meterless option post guard-burst I try for the 44B+K B NC into 6B8. You need to guard burst with a lower recovery move to hit with 44B+K in time, and it does require a JF B press to combo into 6B8. You can increase the damage further by delaying 6B8 to connect right as they take fall damage from the launch, but 44B+K pushes the target away from you a fair bit so being able to get that extra bit of damage after a 44B+K depends on target size and other obstacles preventing pushback.

You can also try and break someone's guard with 44 B+K. Then you can hit them with a fully charged follow-up.

Ivy isn't really that wall combo friendly without meter.
4K always wallsplats on CH but not on always on normal hit.
3B doesn't always wallsplat because of the angle.

Wall combo's are usually:
Launcher~6B8 BE W!~7B+K~ 6B8 BE W!~6~2A+B~6B8.
Launcher~6B8 BE W!~66B BE~CS

Launcher can be a lot of moves like 3B CH, 44B+K (Fully charged or slightly), FC 1B, 7_8 B+K., B+K.

I've also made a combo video on YT (Shameless selfpromotion derp) and even though it's pre-patch all wall combo's are still possible.

hi.. just wanna ask what's the best combo to do after a guard burst from ivy?
new to ivy and i tried searching but had no luck.. also, can i ask for wall combos, please? her combo section does not include them.. thanks :)

Best Guard Combos (in my opinion)

44b+k GB! CH 1bBE 1bBE 1bBE 6b8BE (9b+k is optional)
2a+b GB! CH 2a+b 1bBE 1bBE 1bBE 6b8BE (9b+k is optional)

Best Wall Combos (in my opinion)

3b W! CH 2a+b 1bBE 6b8BE 7b+k 6(a) (or 6b8)
CH 2a+b 6b8BE 7b+k 6b8BE 3(a) 8a+b.(b) (or bK)

Those are the main ones I use....There are many more

this may sound silly but can someone translate the numbers for the 8 way runs plz, im kida new to this and thnx Ring :)

Back