SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

I was messing around with buffering CS after B,B and A,A and I kept getting stuffed by the opponents counterattack... So I tried hitting G for a just guard and I found that you can just guard, then still hit B+G for CS to come out.

Evan, yes. :) We should play some more! Add me -- fun to face Ivy's.

I don't remember your whole PSN name... (and I can't seem to find it on your profile) I though it was you since the PSN name was Sora-somethingarather...

Anyways, my PSN is compsyguy Add me up!

Maybe this is as good a time as any to discuss Ivy's 4B+K cancel options.
The tech crouch frame seems to be pretty bad.
I always get hit by AA as tested by practice mode computer.
So probably not wise to use it as an evasion.

What this cancel does give, just like in SC4, is access to FC moves, including the fabled FC1B and FC1{B}
Most people will try to step when they see glowing fire pressure, so here's a good chance to use your horizontals.

I find it kind of interesting that Ivy as access to all her directional moves in FC...but I'm sure this is true for every character.

Anyway

4B+Kg ~6A_4A_WRA_2A are all viable

I like to mix in 4K and 7B as well if they start to pressure.

4B+Kg~FC1B never seems to flip them over :(
But on hit can be combo with 2K for 35 damage, 41 damage on CH.

but FC1{B}B has longer reach and will catch some people.

I can't seem to get CS off this cancel yet though, throws can still be used.

What this cancel does give, just like in SC4, is access to FC moves, including the fabled FC1B and FC1{B}
Most people will try to step when they see glowing fire pressure, so here's a good chance to use your horizontals.

I find it kind of interesting that Ivy as access to all her directional moves in FC...but I'm sure this is true for every character.

Anyway

Read post in iCS/CS thread. This actually has an easy option to go to CS too. :)

I have been doing this for about 2 weeks but out of fear of it being patched have stayed quiet, but if you tap 8 then hit 3B the 6B8 works about 85- 90% of the time on NH. if you 2 tap 2 however it has the normal chance of wiffing so use [B ] instead. 3B is very good move this time around with this helping it out. If 6B8 and other moves combo'd with out circumstances this would probabaly be her best move.

I have been doing this for about 2 weeks but out of fear of it being patched have stayed quiet, but if you tap 8 then hit 3B the 6B8 works about 85- 90% of the time on NH. if you 2 tap 2 however it has the normal chance of wiffing so use [B ] instead. 3B is very good move this time around with this helping it out. If 6B8 and other moves combo'd with out circumstances this would probabaly be her best move.
You mean step (8) and then 3B? When you hit your opponent at an angle with 3B it does combo more often, but it's because of the character hitbox. Nothing to be patched here.

I agree about 3B, it great on block, CH and even NH. Tech step that activates faster than 214B is just icing on the cake.

iI just wrote it how I actually do but guess i should have said step. I thought that was the case as it does still wiff more on smaller chracters but figured may be a glitch since it was still more consistent than just performing 3B and also since it doesnt work if you use 2 instead of 8. Yeah the Tech step is really good you can step a coulpe chracters moves mid string like Pats 6B,B,B the 2B can be 3b'd after blocking the first 6B .

I still can't get the 22[ B ] BBBBB to save my life. I know you have to do it as some kind of rythm but I can never ever get even one flash to come out.

Also I still need an answer to this since no one anwered in the other thread-
I need another option after the 6B8 BE, w!, 7B+K, 6B8 BE, w! other than the 66B BE for times when I don't wanna spend the meter on a third BE in the combo. I have been using 6[B+K] but it seems to wiff on smaller characters.

Press 22(B)~B - this will make the first hit to come out. Then press the next B at the exact moment when the whip hits the opponent. It's really easy.

As for the combo, try two 2B+Ks

Anyway

I have to agree. So far I see this as being fairly useful for mixups if nothing else for the FC factoring. FC1{B}B is pretty nice off of this cancel. I was hoping while rising B+K would be better, or while rising A+B. I'd really like to find more moves to potentially make this dangerous for the opponent. I haven't gotten a CS off of it either so far.

I think this could be scratching the surface on something possibly deep. If nothing else I think it usually would make someone react to it in some way, which always has the potential mind trick.

I miss a few iconic moves. I would change a few frames around and add back more flavor I think she has lost. I like most of the new, but miss more of the old moves. Sprinkle in some SCII/SCIII and this Ivy would make everyone drool more than Link makes us already.

Oh I forgot to mention I miss Calamity being a loop of doom, instead of the grab animation. For better or worse.

If she's going to be a range character with a throw for CE, at least make it good? Whatever stance she had in SC2 from 214, I'd like that back too. A little more pull on 6B2_8 would be appreciated too.

Anyone know how to pull off ICS i can do CS but not ICS i go as fast as possible too (Im on a stick) i do
:2::8::2::8::9: :6::4::4::4::B+G: It works on normal CS but i cant even manage it with ICS it hurts my wrist

:sc4ivy1:

Anyone know how to pull off ICS i can do CS but not ICS i go as fast as possible too (Im on a stick) i do
:2::8::2::8::9: :6::4::4::4::B+G: It works on normal CS but i cant even manage it with ICS it hurts my wrist

:sc4ivy1:

I've had no such luck with ICS. The best I'll see is a normal CS that sometimes gets a clean hit. I'm using 2 circles then 666 B+G though, you may have better luck at it than me. I have not seen ICS even once they way I'm doing it, so I'm probably doing it the wrong way.

Back