SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

Ok...I'm back >_>

I hate CS's new motions, I'm scared to learn 5JF, and most of the cool extended moves feel overly situational to me...but I'll be learnin her again. She won't be ready in time for NCR though...but maybe EVO.

Ok...I'm back >_>

I hate CS's new motions, I'm scared to learn 5JF, and most of the cool extended moves feel overly situational to me...but I'll be learnin her again. She won't be ready in time for NCR though...but maybe EVO.
We can actually use your knowledge. Tell us how to beat Viola. She's a troublesome little witch.

Stand at mid range, step, poke with mids. Viola is stupidly steppable at midrange. All her antistep requires you be very close spare 1A+B (learn to block it!). Just don't spam BB too much, Viola preys off of whiff punishing with 3B.

I figured out my issues with Wiff 8A+B,B after WR1[B ] the combo is character/range dependent. I had tested it on Voldo i believe and I had to step foward then 8A+B,B this would catch the him everytime but i believe its tech'able(didnt test but looks like it) so it may be better to use 6B8K for RO against chracters that dont NC fromWr 1[B ],B to 8A+B,B. So if the Edge of the Ring doesn't push you close enough together the combo may potientially wiff.

When she is within 3B range try not to use AA too much. She will be using 2A, 3B, 3A a lot. If she gets a read 1B, 8A+B and 33B can be bad for you. Just use 2A and try to space her. If she gets step happy use tip range 6A and 1A. Viola has crap punish range so just make sure you are out side of 3B, 4B, 8A+B. With her ball pressure u can GI and I think u can 3B to TS all bal trap. 214B is also not a bad idea. Don't spam 1B~BE. She get out for free on block. Use 3B+K as a punish to all ball calls on reaction. When she has ball u have to respect 3Bs range and 2B is brutal up close. 7B is really annoying. She can't punish it, it's hard to step and whiff punish, viola has very few moves that out range it. Pretty much use 7B to space and keep her out. If she moves forward, just 7B and there's little I can do to get in

Thanks IFB.

Tomorrow I'm gonna start doing Ivy's punishment charts. They will include both block punishment and tech step with 214B, 3A and 3B.

Would someone be so kind and edit Ivy's FD wiki page in the meantime ?

I'm working on a combo video for you guys, it's going to cover all of the starters, and most damaging options that I can find, or have already been found. It's also going to cover the new CS tech, as well as a few general strategies using 3B and 214B for side stepping, unblockable cancels, oki options, mixups, poking, traps and dealing with opponents up close.

It might be a 2 part video, or even a 3 part video, but expect it soon, and hopefully it's useful for you guys.

Is 1A as successful offline as it is online? How about 66A? I love these moves, but I don't actually know if they're really that great.

Would anyone mind doing some training with me on PSN? I am fine against the AI/computer but for some reason I am just failing against real people :(

Sometimes online it definitely is the lag that throws me off, but other times I just SUCK.

One thing I've realize with Ivy is that you can't be overly aggressive. I feel like you have to wait and see what your opponent does, and then react.

Would anyone mind doing some training with me on PSN? I am fine against the AI/computer but for some reason I am just failing against real people :(

Sometimes online it definitely is the lag that throws me off, but other times I just SUCK.

One thing I've realize with Ivy is that you can't be overly aggressive. I feel like you have to wait and see what your opponent does, and then react.

Rez, add me. Available right now? :)

Have you watched the videos of Ring and Link?
They play so patiently they get guardcrushed a number of times

Has there been any official or unoffical word about the game being patched? I have been seeing alot of patch/buff list threads so it made me wonder 1.when is this supposed to happen 2.where our list?

Also i have been working on CS and buffing it out of her taunt to work on my speed and accuracy. Ithink that im doing it at pretty decent speed and fairly clean on the inputs every now and then i 282874666 B+G but still havent gotten the throw but I feel like im getting closer.

Has there been any official or unoffical word about the game being patched? I have been seeing alot of patch/buff list threads so it made me wonder 1.when is this supposed to happen 2.where our list?

Also i have been working on CS and buffing it out of her taunt to work on my speed and accuracy. Ithink that im doing it at pretty decent speed and fairly clean on the inputs every now and then i 282874666 B+G but still havent gotten the throw but I feel like im getting closer.
This month your prayers will get answered.

By the way, do you play on PSN?

Oh dear god, a patch thread in the Ivy Soul Arena...
I wonder how many boxes of handkerchiefs will be used by the Ivy players who post in there.

Oh dear god, a patch thread in the Ivy Soul Arena...
I wonder how many boxes of handkerchiefs will be used by the Ivy players who post in there.
Not as much as certain someone after they remove the JF Twister ground hit.

Back