SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

Can we PLEASE start some sort of petition or something for another "rebalancing" of the characters...how can people like Nightmare and Siegfried have those big ass swords and do so much damage and move so fast? Meanwhile Ivy is slow...no damage to her attacks and her CE is useless...I'm not asking for a buff...I'm asking to make her attacks faster...they're already weak as hell so why aren't they faster?

Hilarious snip.
Another patch would cost Namco lots of money. Sieg and Nm are NOT fast. At all. They are among the slowest in the game. You think a 'small ass sword' would do more damage than a 'big ass sword?' Probably not. Ivy is faster than Sieg and Nm. Ivy's CE is easily one of the best in the game. Far from useless. She's not so slow. She's decent speed maybe slightly above average. Also, yeah, you ARE asking for a buff. A stupid one.

Nice to meet you too! And Sora. I'm bummed I didn't introduce myself to you though Link. Next time.

Clash, those MLG guys said that the MadCatz controller you showed me were not interchangeable between 360 and ps3.
They have two different versions of the same controller, just one for each system. The guy said that even if you switch the cord, the electronic layouts will not respond...

gah, the only thing holding me back from going tourney again is getting a controller that fits the ps3.
However, I still like the xboxlive community better because most everyone talks over the microphone.
It would have been nice to have a controller that is interchangeable between systems, so I can practice on one and tourney on another.

I might just cave in this month and buy that madcatz controller (ps3) version.
It's close enough to the xbox controller in design...handles pretty smoothly, too.

By the way, is it just me or does half the players at MLG pick viola and nightmare...
...such diversity is concerning...

Nice to meet you too! And Sora. I'm bummed I didn't introduce myself to you though Link. Next time.

Strange how our paths never really crossed. All I know is I kept getting questions about 3B, haha. "Is it safe?" "Why does it tech crouch?" "That move is broken!"

At least you use 2P Ivy. We won't have to fight over the purple costume when we play each other. =P

Strange how our paths never really crossed. All I know is I kept getting questions about 3B, haha. "Is it safe?" "Why does it tech crouch?" "That move is broken!"

At least you use 2P Ivy. We won't have to fight over the purple costume when we play each other. =P

Hahaha, same here! "I think it's -12." "You can't punish that!" Also, in regards to her CE, stuff like, "That hits grounded?" "I swear I ducked that!" and "That does too much damage."

We'll play next time. And of course, 2P costume is legit. I'd choose an Ivy dressed up like a clown over anything ;]

At least it's not like SCIII where people actually had to fight over the 2P *side* in Ivy dittos.

So I heard that, like, Linkrkc is quite a fine looking gentleman in person. inb4 the formation of the Linkrkc testosterone fan brigade

Link looks like he hits the gym a lot, I have to say.

Kudos to Kinetic for kicking my ass, kudos to Link for kicking my ass even more. Neo, I wish I fought you in person as well.

I've definitely learned a lot from MLG. I will make sure to catch up for EVO.

PS. 3B is the SHIT. :)

PS.2. CS - CE works as a surprisingly good tech trap.

Link looks like he hits the gym a lot, I have to say.

Kudos to Kinetic for kicking my ass, kudos to Link for kicking my ass even more. Neo, I wish I fought you in person as well.

I've definitely learned a lot from MLG. I will make sure to catch up for EVO.

PS. 3B is the SHIT. :)

PS.2. CS - CE works as a surprisingly good tech trap.

You're such a 3B whore.
I can totally tell who you were without even knowing your face, Sora.
:P

Maybe next tourney, I'll bring a controller and we can play.

You're such a 3B whore.
I can totally tell who you were without even knowing your face, Sora.
:P

Maybe next tourney, I'll bring a controller and we can play.

If I'm a 3B whore, Link is the 3B pimp. I must've eaten over 100 3B's in our first to 20.

And of course, 2P costume is legit. I'd choose an Ivy dressed up like a clown over anything ;]

Clown Ivy is a really good way to describe it. You're the only one I've ever seen willingly choose that abomination. When I play any other Ivy I race them to the 1P costume.

So I heard that, like, Linkrkc is quite a fine looking gentleman in person. inb4 the formation of the Linkrkc testosterone fan brigade

Are ... are you hitting on me? I'm an expensive date, just so you know. =P

I think people just give me extra points for not looking like a stereotypical gamer.

Clown Ivy is a really good way to describe it. You're the only one I've ever seen willingly choose that abomination. When I play any other Ivy I race them to the 1P costume.

Well of course, choosing the right costume is extremely important. I just like that there's so many things you can do with it. Yellow and black for bumblebee Ivy, red and white for candy cane Ivy, or black and white for zebra Ivy.

Get over yourself, Link.
You'll never have as many male fans as Kayane.
:D

Are ... are you hitting on me? I'm an expensive date, just so you know. =P

I think people just give me extra points for not looking like a stereotypical gamer.

Back