SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

But I do have to agree with SummonCalamity. It's not just Ivy though, in my opinion its the whole game. I cant believe they even tried to call this game SOULCALIBUR V. A friend of mine N3ver3nding68 ,like a week ago, he abused Viola's 33b~66b because theres no step g. I swear if you step g it feels like you're at -20ish??? I feel like SOULCALIBUR V isnt a game anymore. We have people who are too worried about their records than the game. The game should be about fun right? NOT loose then kick the person because you are too worried about your "record". I swear today I've had like 6 people that have kicked me from their session because I won. Also Ivy does seem too slow. I mean yes she's "ok' but define ok, because in my eyes... History is repeating itself (Hint: SC3) I hated that as well. Even though I'm 13 now, and too young back then to rememeber :P

But I do have to agree with SummonCalamity. It's not just Ivy though, in my opinion its the whole game. I cant believe they even tried to call this game SOULCALIBUR V. A friend of mine N3ver3nding68 ,like a week ago, he abused Viola's 33b~66b because theres no step g. I swear if you step g it feels like you're at -20ish??? I feel like SOULCALIBUR V isnt a game anymore. We have people who are too worried about their records than the game. The game should be about fun right? NOT loose then kick the person because you are too worried about your "record". I swear today I've had like 6 people that have kicked me from their session because I won. Also Ivy does seem too slow. I mean yes she's "ok' but define ok, because in my eyes... History is repeating itself (Hint: SC3) I hated that as well. Even though I'm 13 now, and too young back then to rememeber :P

I wanted to make sure I could get proficient at this game with my favorite character before passing judgement, but I agree. Soul Calibur V has lost so much focus in comparison with the series. I can't get over how underrated and unappreciated SCIV is. I may go back to it, the way King of Fighters 98 and 2k2 is still in heavy rotation with my friends.

I wanted to make sure I could get proficient at this game with my favorite character before passing judgement, but I agree. Soul Calibur V has lost so much focus in comparison with the series. I can't get over how underrated and unappreciated SCIV is. I may go back to it, the way King of Fighters 98 and 2k2 is still in heavy rotation with my friends.

If you want to go back to Hilda and Algol Calibur4, then be my guest, but balance was a serious issdue in SC4, and thats why it's under appreciated by the community at large.

If you want to go back to Hilda and Algol Calibur4, then be my guest, but balance was a serious issdue in SC4, and thats why it's under appreciated by the community at large.

I was never there for the patches to IV, but I'm under the assumption that SCV is only due for so many changes before Namco decides that whatever there is to fix with V is fixed, it'll stay that way. Until the chance of a sequel is laid.

I see it like KOF2k2, there's a lot of broken things, there's Amy's, Algols, Hilde's, and so on but you can overcome those.
There's still an issue with Violas, Maxis, and Nightmares in this one, the power structure is just allocated differently.

I loved the wavedashing, the guard crushing attacks, the stun combo set ups, even the sound effects and work put into IV, I was in practice mode once, and a piece of Nightmare's armor came off, and was just on the ground in the Sisters stage, I remember walking around it and it fell into the water. Level of detail in that one I favored so much.

Since this is now the whining thread...

... why is 22_88(B) so hard to hit confirm? D:

Since this is now the whining thread...

... why is 22_88(B) so hard to hit confirm? D:

Probably because you really shouldn't be using it unless you whiff punish. In that case, you will know that it is going to hit. On guard 88(B) is both punishable and interruptable if you choose to continue it.

Probably because you really shouldn't be using it unless you whiff punish. In that case, you will know that it is going to hit. On guard 88(B) is both punishable and interruptable if you choose to continue it.

I thought the same thing until I fought Link in my FT20. It's do-able, but just barely.

I thought the same thing until I fought Link in my FT20. It's do-able, but just barely.

Hmm, that's interesting. I guess the fact that it's i20 (right? I don't think it's i16 like the wiki says) makes it a decent mid/grab mixup. In any case, you have until the whip reaches the top of her head after 88(B) to hit the rest of the B's. It's not a lot of time, but it's enough.

i20ish, breaks decently and most people step as a natural reaction, making it pseudounpunishable if you don't press the following B's (it's -16, step moves take at least 10 frames slower, leaving -6)

Good point, and -6 actually isn't that bad for what kinda damage you can do.

Just watch out when they start interrupting it with AA's (or stuff like Ivy's 6B8K). NM can 6K to punish or trade for CH with the next B if you mess up your hit confirmation.

That was a cool video, I hadn't really been thinking of Ivy's wall combos much, but those seem simple enough to keep in mind.
I've let quite a few 6b8A+B+K W!s go by without doing anything else.
(And boy wouldn't it be so cool to ever actually land a 214A W! 7B+K 6b8A+B+K W! 66bA+B+K 6b8A+B+K 9B+K combo)

Link - I just saw you kicking ass at Evo... You had like 6 iCS's on that Yoshi player... too bad he broke most of them :/

Apperently if you have a viola that likes to open with 8 A+B you can punish her by opening with 214A.

Edit: BWHAHAHAHAHA! (Evil laughter)

Wow, add a counter hit and another brave edge into that wall combo and you have a 100% combo there.
Having to do those 6B8s quickly in a row is good practice for me.
I need to not mess that up as much.
Though this'll never really happen, the distance you start from is very specific and you need to be against a flat wall and so many other problems.

Back