SCV Ivy Video Thread

I'm can't believe people think Ivy sucks. Seems like the Ivy community is currently caged by her passed iterations to me. She's a midrange + zoning character with all the tools to fight up close (4B, bK, 1B BE, FC 1B, 2A, 3K, WS A, Command Grab et al). She might need CH and meter to do damage, but I honestly don't see that as such a large restriction considering her poke game is so good. And CHs are easy as hell to land in this game and conditioning people with Ivy's zoning is just as strong as its ever been.

I mean, really, someone needs to go into detail about what makes her bad. Outside of derp, Ivy has everything a competitive fighting game character needs. If you don't want to put in work, play Mitsu, Phyrra or Natsu.

Looking at Links matches, I'm curious to know why he'd always back off after landing a blocked 3[K]. Does he not know this move leaves him at +3 (according to the guide)?

I also don't see people talking about or using 2 A+B enough for my tastes.

Because, contrary to what the guide says, 2A+B is unsafe... The guide says it's "quick," but it leaves you wide open if blocked... Funny that the more I spend reading the forums and actually playing, the more I seem to learn how lacking, and maybe misleading, the guide was...

Looking at Links matches, I'm curious to know why he'd always back off after landing a blocked 3[K]. Does he not know this move leaves him at +3 (according to the guide)?

I know it's advantage, but look at how much space it puts between us. Also, look at how they usually backed even further away after blocking it. By the time I would get close enough to force any real mix up, my advantage would be gone. I agree I could vary my responses more, but during those matches I was fine with going back to a neutral situation.

part 2:

This is what happens when someone doesn't know Ivy :p

I will post more later.

part 2:

This is what happens when someone doesn't know Ivy :p

I will post more later.

Good job! Although you only used it once, did you mean to buffer into CS after hit confirming WR A+B?

Other than that, really solid. I don't know what you did to make him keep ducking (didn't see any lows or that many throws... so I was like, huh?) but it worked, so hey! :D

Where exactly is that WR A+B moment? I don't think this move can be hit confirmed, it's a shame considering how good rising A+B actually is.

People were ducking because I was spamming CS during casuals all the time. In the actual tournament I didn't use it a lot, I was just running to the opponent and trolling with 2A+B or regular throw ;D 666 part is simply brilliant.

Where exactly is that WR A+B moment? I don't think this move can be hit confirmed, it's a shame considering how good rising A+B actually is.

People were ducking because I was spamming CS during casuals all the time. In the actual tournament I didn't use it a lot, I was just running to the opponent and trolling with 2A+B or regular throw ;D 666 part is simply brilliant.

14:40 of the first video.

I know you didn't win, Ring.
But 4th place is nothing to scoff at.
Thanks for being a forerunner of our ol' gal.
Here's hoping that Link_rkc will carry the torch the rest of the way.

By the way, Ring, you look pretty stylish with short hair.
I no longer mistake you for a goth girl.
XD

I know you didn't win, Ring.
But 4th place is nothing to scoff at.
Thanks for being a forerunner of our ol' gal.
Here's hoping that Link_rkc will carry the torch the rest of the way.

By the way, Ring, you look pretty stylish with short hair.
I no longer mistake you for a goth girl.
XD

Yeah, I look cute, don't I ? ;p Everyone in the stream look distorted (too wide haha)

Actually, I think 3rd place was the worst. The winner got 1000 british pounds, the sword and las Vegas ticket. The 2nd one got Vegas ticket. The 3rd one... a t-shirt. I feel bad for Trace. At least all 16 finalists will be getting a SCV Madcatz stick.

Link is our only hope now. Hopefully the patch changes will help him.

Yeah, I look cute, don't I ? ;p Everyone in the stream look distorted (too wide haha)

Actually, I think 3rd place was the worst. The winner got 1000 british pounds, the sword and las Vegas ticket. The 2nd one got Vegas ticket. The 3rd one... a t-shirt. I feel bad for Trace. At least all 16 finalists will be getting a SCV Madcatz stick.

Link is our only hope now. Hopefully the patch changes will help him.

*coughdon'tcountmeoutofNCRjustyetcough*

MLG isn't using the patch. I'm running gimped Ivy one last time. Considering the number of strong players going, it's going to be tough to pull this one out.

MLG isn't using the patch. I'm running gimped Ivy one last time. Considering the number of strong players going, it's going to be tough to pull this one out.
That sucks... I was playing with the patch and 3[A] looks pretty good at tip range... the increased damage is also really nice.

But Good luck Link and Sora at SCR... I would have like to make the trip, but I've just got too much going on these days.

These were from before the patch, and I don't usually find video footage of me fighting, but here ya go. ^_^

Hopefully I'll get more or the ability to record pretty soon.

Some online (EU->USA ugh) matches vs Leixia. I can't provide any offline vids atm, but maybe someone will find these entertaining.

Thanks for the videos!
Finally somebody consquently knows how to handle Leixia's unbelievable 66BB mixup. And your CS/iCS skill after 2 months scares me. Do you do the 'normal' or circle input, btw?
I have some random questions about Ivy:
Don't you get anything stronger off of a 3[K] than the stomp? Or at least a throw mixup if they stand up?
Is 3B (B) a combo or not? Scud did that a lot in London against me, but I've never looked it up in training mode.

It's a shame you can connect with the US but not with me. =/
I'm still not too familiar with SC5 Ivy but what do you think of the Leixia matchup? I think Ivy might have the edge. The unsafeness of her spacing tools doesn't really matter since Leixia cant punish them at range anyways.

Back