SCV Ivy Video Thread

With Omega, try sidestepping and punishing with 22_88B ~ 2K/22_88B BE. If they start using step catchers like 236236A or 22_88A then try backstepping, it hurts Omega's gameplay a lot.

That 6B8K at the end of the one round was really smart. If the opponent woke up with a jumping attack to beat throw/2K he would've died, and the 2nd hit was there to keep him safe if that didn't happen.

I liked how the Mitsu used duckable high strings near walls so that when the Ivy FC 1B punished, she would whiff the combo and he could whiff punish.

Idk why the Ivy was using iWR A+B for ground pressure though. There are better options and last time I checked it doesn't hit grounded opponents.

I think Mitsu's possibly Ivy's worst MU.

If the Mitsu player possesses a sufficient knowledge on the Ivy MU, it's extremely hard to win against him. I think he's even more troublesome than Alpha despite having a lower damage output.

He could have won, but he missed a lot of punishes.
I'm also not really getting the benefit of iWR. If you can hit-confirm on counter-hit it's not that bad i guess. Opponent can't Ukemi because it trackes everywhere, he can't jump and can't attack for the hit-confirm leaving your opponent in the same situation. Also, Mitsu doesn't have the best retaliation against iWR A+B B. He can do 25 damage tops?

I agree that this is Ivy worst match up. I feel this is like a 7:3 match up for Mistu.
He much stronger in a close range with that mixup of his and a way better wake up game.
He able to keep momentum with that 4B, and quick retaliation with small advantage/disadvantage usually doesn't have the range if using SW moves, some WP moves can like 6[B ] but its risky.
Even when you try to space him, he has tools to come back in with, 66A+B.
He's able to punish Ivy semi-safe move like 214B, where as Ivy has a hard time punishing him in general.
Some things require you to JG the second attack of stings just to get maximum, eg his 66BB and 2KB, with JG the second hit give hive iFC1B G 6B9. Punishing his 3B is risky cause of the delayable BE.
The damage.... I don't think I need to explain this.

I feel alpha is just as bad, cause he has a lot of the stuff that makes it difficult to fight Mistu, but Ivy spacing game is some what useful here.

I don't find Alpha as hard to fight against as Mitsurugi, due to the fact I can punish more of Alpha (e.g. JF T, bA) and if you step to his left you can avoid and punish his 33_99B.

There are definitely some upsides for Ivy in the Ivy versus Mitsu matchup though. 7B is a great guessing tool for getting away from 2K BE and he can't punish -12. She also gets a 40 damage punish on 33B, which forces him to either stop using one of his best approach tools or guess with the second hit, which is suicide if it gets blocked.​

There are definitely some upsides for Ivy in the Ivy versus Mitsu matchup though. 7B is a great guessing tool for getting away from 2K BE and he can't punish -12. She also gets a 40 damage punish on 33B, which forces him to either stop using one of his best approach tools or guess with the second hit, which is suicide if it gets blocked.

7B is -15, which he can definitely punish. And if you're going to throw that out, you better watch out for his 88B. Ivy does not get a big punish after 33BB, so he might as well play the guessing game - it's in his favor. He can punish most of Ivy's attacks with b6 or 6B8, where other characters get knocked back too far. Ivy can't get a big meterless punish from his 2K BE unless she JGs, which means you won't be able to punish his plain 2K if the Mitsu can hit confirm it.

And on top of all that, many of Mitsu's "verts" are horizontal enough to negate the tech step in Ivy's 3B. Not fun.

His 1B kills any 3B/214B attempt, and it's an i15 mid, hits grouded and super safe. Really spammable against Ivy if you dont want her to rely on 3B.

edit: Ivy can punish 2KB BE hard. When you block the first move, side step left and 22B JF for 75-80 dmg. It's easier to JG and iFC1B though.

Back