SCV Ivy's top ten moves

Hi ya all! I recently started employing GIs in my game (never used them before, but just saw their benefits against good opponents). So, are there better options after a gi then 1_2 B+K x2?

Not really, unless you're fighting Astaroth in which case NH 3B - 6b8 will connect.

But yes, that's pretty much the best damage you can get out of GI.

Would 7B+K 6B8 be any good post GI with its new NH launch properties? 7B+K is i29 I believe.

It sounds good but you run the risk of the 7B+K wiffing and wasting your Gi. 1_2_3B+K seem to be the best combo starts after Gi when it comes to reliability and damage.

Back when I first tried this move I thought the opponent cannot roll or tech (like in SC4) so it gives us forced blocks, but it turned out the opponent can roll... This move is also more unsafe than 8A+B(B) because it has no pushback can can be easily just guarded on block. Damage is the same as 8A+B(B) after ACing (5 dmg less).

I'm still puzzled about 8A+BB.

I always use 8A+BB after 3(A) CH because if they AC out of the other version, I think you're at a disadvantage on frames. But 8A+B(B) is definitely safer on block.

Yep, the last hit of 8A+B B was increased to 20 solely for the reason of making it better for finishing someone off, I reckon.

Also for post GI I think FC 1(B)B 6B8 might actually be the best universal option from my experimentation yesterday. The execution window for it in post-GI advantage is tight but it appears to give the most damage (67) and nice meter return, as well.

What is a good follow up to 22_88B?
This move seems so bad compared to SC4 where you get a free heel crush stomp....

I sweep like a mad man which I kind of know is bad and had pointed out to me by awestruck and punished mercilessly by ring. But I think It really sets up mix ups since if they tech to late you can bK or use b+k for good damage ont hit an guard damage on block then you have 22 mix up ppl have guess are you doing b or k which is why I think I land 22k often plus it can catch techs if they don't block low. You also use 44a to tech catch and setup another mixupand if your good at buffing cs you can do that as well which will scar ppl into either rolling or FC which starts all the mix ups over. This all ideal but you get what I'm saying.

What is a good follow up to 22_88B?
This move seems so bad compared to SC4 where you get a free heel crush stomp....
I think someone said you can do a 2K but I'm not for certain. Apart from that it looks like it is just part of her overall poke-the-hell-outta-them strategy that they made for her in this game.

^ Damn, how much character specific stuff does this girl have? Seems like every other thing is dependent on something or another.

There's also a 44B ~ 6KB combo that is range dependant AND character dependant. You have to be slightly further away when playing smaller characters lol.

Back