SCV Ivy's top ten moves

Violent_soma

[08] Mercenary
So yeah I've looked around several specific character forums and they all mostly have a top 10 move list threads and as a newbie SCV Ivy player I was wondering what are your guy's top 10 best moves for Ivy here are mine:

1) AA
2)BB
3)1K
4)22_88k
5)6AK
6)6Bhold~2or8
7)2A+B
8)A+BA
9)3B
10)1B BE
Also any tips and suggestions would highly be appreciated as in I have trouble against the faster characters in the game, like what are the best pokes etc for Ivy, thnx in advance!

1B BE
6A
6B
BB
kB
iCS
A+BA
B+K
1A

for fast characters
BB spam them

if they BB spam, use 214B

if they step attack, use 4A,B+K for close range 6A for long range

punish with 4K, B+K

iCS when they start to block after blocked attacks

After an unfortunate turn of events for me, at my own tournament none the less, I have sadly come to a horrifying realization.

I'm going to put up a list of my favorite moves, and their biggest weaknesses, not their best uses.

1) BB - This is sadly, hands down her best move. Good frame advantage on hit, and safe on block. Only issue is it's step-able, but that is obvious from it's name.
2) 214b - This is a beautiful move which has lost damage and tracking since SC4. It's worst weakness is that is in the oddest ways step-able, and tends to leave me in Back turn at a negative. Otherwise I still use this more than most others.
3) B+K - Strangely this move is safe! But only usable in combo situations. Don't just toss this, but it's a decent 22b whiff punnisher to some characters.
4) 2A - This is your answer to when you are in a situation where you would have GI'd from a string of attacks. Only negative is it's range, if you whiff in this game, it's often fatal against Nightmare, or OPyrrha.
5) 6b9 BE - This move is beautiful, it only adds 12-15 damage over the typical Ivy Lick, but ... it's so pretty! No Negatives, aside from costing meter?
HUGE EDIT! SORRY GUYS! NOT SAFE... =( My bad. 6) 4K - Gives a god ring out on CH, solid mid, and it's safe! I actually have no negatives to say about this one, it's one of her top 3 overall attacks.
7) 2K - It's a low, we love lows. If you don't love lows, then there is a problem with how your play. =P
8) WR A/[a] - The this attack is a nice way to stop those pesky 22b Spammers, if only the hold one was safer...
9) 1_2_3 B+K - Probably Ivy's most dangerous attack to get hit buy because you just ate 57 damage in total from the guaranteed 2nd one. Issues? Well sadly, the hit boxes from these attacks has been bastardized from previous games, and they are majorly step-able now.
10) AA - It's AA, I can't have this list on SCV Ivy without it.

Moves that everyone probably thinks should be on this list!

1) 1K - -22 frames on block..... Thats a 236236B4 From OPyrrha, If your wondering, thats 80 damage you just ook for being blocked. Does it help that it's deceptive? Sure, but thats still 80 damage you just took if you were blocked. How much can you get off a successful hit with it? 41....

2) 6B Hold - I was 236236B'd for not hitting at complete tip range with this.... Also, if your thinking, do the 2 or 8 follow up? They make it even less safe if blocked.

3) B Hold - Youll notice a pattern here: 236236B is free when this is blocked.

4) 22BHoldBBBBB - I landed this plenty of times at my tournament, and believe me the 75 damage is great! But I love more of my health from the 22b being stepped then my 5-Hits dealt overall. Seriously Namco... is this a joke?

Other core moves u might want to consider putting at the top of your mind.

1) 3k (Fastest mid Poke)
2) 6[A] Solid Step/8way-run Punisher
3) 1_2_3(B+K) Force them to eat it on block/Whiff punisher
4) 44A (Safe Horiz Mid)
5) 7_8_9 B Good interrupt/Preempts Lows and SMs.

********************* FC 1B - this move is godlike. Really. ****************************
Learn how to use it.

After an unfortunate turn of events for me, at my own tournament none the less, I have sadly come to a horrifying realization.

I'm going to put up a list of my favorite moves, and their biggest weaknesses, not their best uses.

1) BB - This is sadly, hands down her best move. Good frame advantage on hit, and safe on block. Only issue is it's step-able, but that is obvious from it's name.
2) 214b - This is a beautiful move which has lost damage and tracking since SC4. It's worst weakness is that is in the oddest ways step-able, and tends to leave me in Back turn at a negative. Otherwise I still use this more than most others.
3) B+K - Strangely this move is safe! But only usable in combo situations. Don't just toss this, but it's a decent 22b whiff punnisher to some characters.
4) 2A - This is your answer to when you are in a situation where you would have GI'd from a string of attacks. Only negative is it's range, if you whiff in this game, it's often fatal against Nightmare, or OPyrrha.
5) 6b9 BE - This move is beautiful, it only adds 12-15 damage over the typical Ivy Lick, but ... it's so pretty! No Negatives, aside from costing meter?
6) 4K - Gives a god ring out on CH, solid mid, and it's safe! I actually have no negatives to say about this one, it's one of her top 3 overall attacks.
7) 2K - It's a low, we love lows. If you don't love lows, then there is a problem with how your play. =P
8) WR A/[a] - The this attack is a nice way to stop those pesky 22b Spammers, if only the hold one was safer...
9) 1_2_3 B+K - Probably Ivy's most dangerous attack to get hit buy because you just ate 57 damage in total from the guaranteed 2nd one. Issues? Well sadly, the hit boxes from these attacks has been bastardized from previous games, and they are majorly step-able now.

1) 1K - -22 frames on block..... Thats a 236236B4 From OPyrrha, If your wondering, thats 80 damage you just ook for being blocked. Does it help that it's deceptive? Sure, but thats still 80 damage you just took if you were blocked. How much can you get off a successful hit with it? 41....

2) 6B Hold - I was 236236B'd for not hitting at complete tip range with this.... Also, if your thinking, do the 2 or 8 follow up? They make it even less safe if blocked.

4) 22BHoldBBBBB - I landed this plenty of times at my tournament, and believe me the 75 damage is great! But I love more of my health from the 22b being stepped then my 5-Hits dealt overall. Seriously Namco... is this a joke?

Very informative post. Thanks.

Didn't know 4K was safe -- could've sworn I saw Ring say it was unsafe now though.

Against Omega/Pyrrha, we can't use lows -- plain and simple. Unless its to whiff punish of course (and then again, 22B 5 hit is the best option for that).

Also, one thing that people are forgetting to mention is 1B BE. 68/41 dmg on hit/block (guaranteed 6B8K on block) everytime.

6) 4K - Gives a god ring out on CH, solid mid, and it's safe! I actually have no negatives to say about this one, it's one of her top 3 overall attacks.

Wow awesome post dude very informative!! thnx to you and Neo for clearing my mind on lots of doubts regarding my gameplay with Ivy, it just seems that I have to play very careful with Ivy, compared to some of the other cast, I still have to get the timing down to 22BJFBBBBB, and I had a great feeling about 4K, just had some trouble landing it on the faster characters, like(Raphael for example) what are your guy's take on dealing with astaroth or Nightmare, that toon seems just too good...gotta practice more against him, for now is hard match up for me, also on what Zdammed said on it it's sad but true I've had several matches where I had the match in my pocket, only to get my 1k blocked and cost me the match I will seriously think twice now on that move.

i only played against legendary with top 5 moves. my online is dead... really ivy is so punishable...
214B -the only reason she is not garbage tier.
BB
6[A]
FC 1B
66A
2A
22B series use less but must learn when to use.
1K unsafe but im learning to use less asap. TC with antistep.

i agree ivy is not as good as in the other games but im learning still so im not giving up yet so heres my top ten
BB
214B
1_2_3 B+K
AA
2A
6b9 BE
B+K
i also like 1K the sweep what do you guys think of it

I've yet to try out that move abit more often butI've gotten punished by couple of ezio players, but then again I'ts probably just me using it at the wrong time =/

1) 214B
2) BB
3) FC 1B
4) 2K
5) 1B BE
6) WS A+B
7) 2A
8) 66K is love
9) 2B
10) 4B

honorable mention 4K
I actually love Ivy in this game....why is everyone bitchin'?

1) FC 1B obvious high/throw punisher
2) 3A+B B amazes me how often this hits
3) 22_88 B BBBBB destroys armor and much easier to do without requiring the direction inputs
4) 4K although i think the range is a little shorter than it used to/should be
5) 44BBB 3rd B easily hit confirmable and awesome for jumping slower lows
6) 6B8 every time anyone is in the air
7) 214B
8) 1K i know it's not safe but there are a lot of strings you can read and counter with it
9) 6A+B it's rare that someone gets back in before i can CH them
10) 4A+B (B followup until opponent learns to step, then CS is free)

need more than 10 lol
6K B how did i forget this. awesome as delayed retaliation
2A+B is solid
3B evades a lot of stuff with the built-in sidestep. awesome to use against strings you know

I really need someone to show me how to use 3K/3[K] properly. It's a good move on paper and no reason not to use it as a mixup. Humm...

Is it that bad? doesn't look like it...at least to me, but i'm no pro so...
she lost most of her (good) moves, her damage is laughable, CS is a 9 frame tech window instead of 1 among many other things.. if she isnt bad then tell me whats "good" about her?

Hmm, what do you guys think is her best close range antistep? I've been toying around with 44A and 3A.

she lost most of her (good) moves, her damage is laughable, CS is a 9 frame tech window instead of 1 among many other things.. if she isnt bad then tell me whats "good" about her?

I think the hitsun on her pokes is good. She does dmg with her combos on CH, and she has good step. She can be played very safely as well. Her BEs are decent, and her throws good.

Back