SCV Quick Unlock Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is very annoying, this mindnumbing experience of leveling up so much in a fighting game.... seriously...

So I ran some tests against different ranks using Pyrrah Omega with turbo B and here are the points I got for each battle. I ran 3 sets for the ones that seemed viable.

E5 = 105,118,119 (against "BattleCross")
E5 = 108,109,94 (against "BloodyFrosty", I think this is the one that you fought Shaggy. He actually killed me on the 3rd set lol...)
E3 = 113,116,119 (against "Belladonna")
E3 =120,116,111 (against "Eight")
E2 = 120,114, 112 (against "hurimaru")
E2 =113 (Against "Lexi", she used a CE and almost killed me one of the rounds)
E1 = 88 (Actually lost a round, the AI used CE and some other time consuming things...)

Most of them are fairly close to each other,so I would need to test this a lot more if I wanted to get conclusive results. At this point I would go with BellaDonna or BattleCross, hurimaru seems like she could be a bit too random.

Am I over analyzing this or what? :D

Haha no you're not. Your last post made me think and I came to the conclusion Asta vs Radadak the E4 yoshi on his little raft is faster than Pyrrah fighting that other d00d.. BB knocks down but it also hits him on the ground. Lotsa ringouts too :)

this is very annoying, this mindnumbing experience of leveling up so much in a fighting game.... seriously...

Yeah no kidding. I called my bro and told him to either let me download his profile tonight or let me stop by with a spare turbo controller so we can get this over with.

EDIT: Asta on average was slower. Sidestepping and a few CE losses wasn't outweighed by the benefits of RO's.

Currently just using Mitsu BB spam against Bloody. Will see how he does against Pyrrah's

From what I've seen, the points awarded seem to be purely based on time spent in the match. A faster match win equates to more points. A slower match win equates to fewer points. The level of the opponent does not seem to contribute much if any bonus to the points awarded.

As a result, the fastest way to earn points would be to find match-ups where you can win matches as quickly as possible (ring-out, etc).

BTW, just hit level 33. No unlocks - just 1 title (Courageous Warrior ?)

So I ran some tests against different ranks using Pyrrah Omega with turbo B and here are the points I got for each battle. I ran 3 sets for the ones that seemed viable.

E5 = 105,118,119 (against "BattleCross")
E5 = 108,109,94 (against "BloodyFrosty", I think this is the one that you fought Shaggy. He actually killed me on the 3rd set lol...)
E3 = 113,116,119 (against "Belladonna")
E3 =120,116,111 (against "Eight")
E2 = 120,114, 112 (against "hurimaru")
E2 =113 (Against "Lexi", she used a CE and almost killed me one of the rounds)
E1 = 88 (Actually lost a round, the AI used CE and some other time consuming things...)

Most of them are fairly close to each other,so I would need to test this a lot more if I wanted to get conclusive results. At this point I would go with BellaDonna or BattleCross, hurimaru seems like she could be a bit too random.

Try actual different ranks. These are all rank E. I bet my money that ranks D,C,B etc give more points. There are also some very easy B ranked chars in there but they are not braindead so you can't really farm them.

I just beat an A2 3 rounds to none and I got 123 points for it.

Stick to the low ranks, it seems.
this is stupid :[
even more so, because playing with the low ranks makes you learn stupid habits -_- each low rank match with tira for me is 6A B B B+K B+K B repeat

So I went to 4 stores in my area, looking for a turbo controller. None at Gamestop, Walmart, K-mart, or Radioshack. I didn't want to have to buy it online an wait a few days. Bawwww! How could it be so hard to find? ;.; I don't wanna GRRRRIND.

The way they make us unlock things is really grinding my gears. Seriously, I think that in terms of gameplay this game is awesome, but why did they have to make leveling up so tedious? I just want a lot of CaS equipment before I start making my own characters so this is delaying that quite a bit. Yeah, I wish I had a turbo controller too.

I've been afk for about 40 minutes letting Mitsu BB the hell out of BloodyFrosty on my fightstick. Gained about 8 levels

If you're manually grinding this, I'd recommend either just playing matches online or picking every character while grinding on E+ difficulty bots to pick up new movesets. It's not worth sticking with one character and mashing away in quick battle forever.

Hmm... Tried Astaroth against the E4 Yoshi, and I keep getting crappy points and getting ringed out sometimes. Astaroth can do it fast sometimes, but it seems pretty inconsistent. Might stick with Pyrrah.

Yeah it seemed too good at first then I saw it averaged worse. I think Mitsu has a slight edge on Pyrrah now but both are great decisions

Try actual different ranks. These are all rank E. I bet my money that ranks D,C,B etc give more points.
I've tried different ranks, and have observed very little difference in the winnings. From all indications I've seen, the majority of the points earned are based on the speed at which you kill foes. The highest points come from 3-0 matches where you quickly kill the foes. This seems to hold true in both Arcade modes and in Quick Matches against foes B rank through E rank. (Haven't played against enough A ranks yet to verify those.) I have not observed higher amounts of points from fighting higher ranked foes.

how to unlock Astral Chaos: Crossing Points please? That's the only stage I have missing

oh and I never came across Algol on the Arcade Extra mode either

^ I have that stage, I got it before level 50 but I'm really not sure exactly when. Sorry.

Does anyone know when you get Soul Calibur weapons?

i managed to get 130 points in a game with two very fast ring outs and one perfect. instead of Pyrrha's BB maybe try Pyrrha omega's launchers 66B or 3B and push hard against the edge

breaking the armor might add points

edit: 122 points was awarded for time 54 RO, 52 perfect, 55 RO no armor break.

I'll have to check the name (don't remember it) but there's a female DJ with a sort of professional wrestler getup who's worth about 145 points per match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back