SCVI for WiiU

CloverGnG

[09] Warrior
Forget putting the next Soul Calibur game on the PS4 or Xbox One! I think Soul Calibur VI needs to be put on the Wii U. Why, you may ask?
Amiibo_Group.jpg

AMIIBOS!!!
So basically, these figurines have a built-in chip that stores data not only of the character the figurine is modeled after, but also allows you to customize that character by picking a set palette-swap, picking out which special moves you want your character to use and boosting its stats as it levels up during gameplay. And all that data gets saved onto the chip for you to use on later sesisons and even playing on other peoples' consoles. The only drawback is that you don't actually play as the character built into your amiibo.

Where am I getting at with this? Imagine getting an amiibo of your favorite Soul Calibur character! Imagine taking that character into CaS to deck them out in an outfit of your own design, picking out your favorite specials for your character to execute in battle, and being able to carry this unique character with you anywhere you go without having to lug around the entire console! Y'all see where I'm going with this?

Cool idea, but I dont see the Soulcalibur series becoming Wii U exclusive. If anything, they are loyal to Sony.

I wouldn´t mind as long as it´s not exclusive.

Just think about the online, Nintendo is no good for it.

I think a Soul Calibur for Wii U is possible, since NB seems to be doing a lot of work with Nintendo.
  • They were heavily involved in the development of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Their mascot, Pac-Man, made it into the roster.
  • They are currently working on Pokken with Nintendo.
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had a Wii U release with exclusive content.

I think it would kill the series if SC6 is only for Wii-U. However, looking back at SC2, the title sold extremely well and out of all three consoles (PS2, GameCube, and Xbox), Nintendo's GameCube version of SC2 sold the most despite the GameCube being the least sold console out of the three as well as the awkward button shapes on the GC controller.

So yes, it would be nice to have SC6 for Wii-U, PS4, and Xbox One and I disagree with the OP to have PS4 and Xbox One left out.

^If you're talking the console alone then yes probably; otherwise, depends how Namco rolls the dice on the board.

I'm assuming GameCube sold the most for SC2 because of guest character Link from the Legend of Zelda series, however, I'm one of the few who plays SC just for the sake of understanding its mechanics. Because of how SC2 extends to gamers across different consoles/platforms, the experience lets me open myself up and further expand my interest on the series as a whole as well as its upcoming iterations.

But back on point if they put Link as a guest character then I guess it will sell well though sadly the vast majority only cares for Link and not the series itself which I hope SC6 will achieve, though I doubt it.

Last edited:
I didn´t like the fact that many bought SC2 because of Link... Most of them abandoned SC after it anyway so....
Regardless of how you feel about this, guest characters are a major selling point for the series. Don't expect them to go away any time soon.

...and wasn't SCII the game that got the most people into the series?
The GCN version got me roped in.

Regardless of how you feel about this, guest characters are a major selling point for the series. Don't expect them to go away any time soon.

SCII was indeed, largely because it was on Xbox, PS2 (most popular console of all time) and Gamecube (Link helped a lot).

Soul Calibur 1 was only on Dreamcast.

Even if guest characters were a huge selling point, I was hoping Namco Bandai develops a catch to it; there has to be more of reason to be interested in SC series as a whole than just a particular character.

But from what I've seen, it looks more like a desperate plea to milk fans of <name of favourite game> series.

But from what I've seen, it looks more like a desperate plea to milk fans of <name of favourite game> series.
As long as that shifts more copies, I'm not too fussed. The benefit is that people might be drawn in by the guest and stay for the gameplay, which doesn't seem so bad to me.

Those that don't carry on with the series afterwards well, to each their own. They helped one game shift a few more copies anyhow.

That is the reason why I am waiting for a SC3 arcade online HD remake. No guest chars... Some like the star wars characters were stupid imo. Just sales matter...

It always makes me feel bad that Tekken is Namco's favorite child and they don't subject it to the same humiliation that they do to SC with all the guest character BS.

It's like you have two kids. One gets brand new designer clothes and you give the other one used bowling alley shoes and a jacket you took off a dead homeless guy.

Back