• Playable character Aeon
  • Character creation set H

Third Pack
  • Playable character Li Long
  • Character creation set I

Fourth Pack
  • Playable character Yun Seong
  • Character creation set J
Bold of you to assume that there'll not be at least one waifu in a Season 3 should it ever happen.

Bold of you to assume that there'll not be at least one waifu in a Season 3 should it ever happen.
I mean that's kind of where we're at in our roster selection, though. Barring a new character (which is possible, look at Tekken) or a jumpstarted Viola (which I don't find likely), there aren't any girls left to join the fray. The exclusion of a guest from Fred's list is the most likely candidate for a female character in season three, if it's three guys and one girl, which is one possibility. I agree with you that it's very unlikely to be four guys. Two guys and two girls seems more reasonable from an advertisement appeals perspective, but at the very least, three guys and one girl is the minimum realistic expectation.

I mean that's kind of where we're at in our roster selection, though. Barring a new character (which is possible, look at Tekken) or a jumpstarted Viola (which I don't find likely), there aren't any girls left to join the fray. The exclusion of a guest from Fred's list is the most likely candidate for a female character in season three, if it's three guys and one girl, which is one possibility. I agree with you that it's very unlikely to be four guys. Two guys and two girls seems more reasonable from an advertisement appeals perspective, but at the very least, three guys and one girl is the minimum realistic expectation.

If we are following the SC1-4 timeline then I agree that the logical candidate for a guest/newcomer is a female. With all the girl fanservice in these cas packs it seems only natural that at least one girl makes it in somehow for a theoretical season 3....

Here's a more express/concise break down of my priorities for a season 3 (or any further new content, for that matter), in descending order of priority:
  • New playable characters/movesets (obviously we only get a set number of these per season, but my point in listing this first is to underscore that the movesets themselves need to get the fullest weight of focus).
  • General balancing of the gameplay, improvements to the core mechanics, new moves and augmentation of existing characters
  • F#%&ing frame data, already.
  • New stages and refinements on the clarity of the far background elements on the console versions, even if it means slightly longer load times (god, the blur can really handicap what is otherwise starting to be improved stage design).
  • Improvements to netcode and matchmaking.
  • Team battle and survival modes.
  • More alternate stage/win conditions for quick battles.
  • Edgemaster as a freebie.
  • An additional weapon for each moveset.
  • More CaS options: not just equipment (which should veer away from modern soon--I was happy for that trend longer than most, but even I agree we have to get back more to legacy period attire), but also objects, patterns, stickers, faces, voices, hairstyles, editor options, the works.
  • I'm sure I'm forgetting a half dozen things that should go down here near the end, but I think I've hit all the major point.

As for character selection, my dream composition would be Aeon, Rock, Viola and a guest (still pulling for Tifa! You know what I mean--get your minds out of the gutter!). Viola is somwhat unlikely, but since the tease of her storyline has at least kinda-sorta left the door open, and since we are talking about my wishlist regardless, I'm finagling her in, along with the three other characters I think are locks. It's a tough call though--I'd almost just as soon take Li Long. And Yun-seong would be perfectly fine.

On a side note, I personally find it a little obnoxious/indicative of bias when people use terms like "waifu" as their default whenever refering the very notion of additional female characters--especially considering there are presently significantly more male than female characters in the roster, and this has never not been the case for any game in the series. It seems to belittle the very idea of a female presence in the game as something that is only worth doing for sexual titillation, rather than it just being an element of representation that has been a part of every fighter ever created--for fairly obvious reasons.

I mean, it's not like historical accuracy or newtonian/biomechanical realities are something we can fall back on in the case of Soulcalibur, to explain why women are out of place (faithful history and realistic physics and physiology are the very subjects Soulcaibur most famously ignores in cavalier fashion), so why should women be marked out as the less reasonable choice for an empty character slot, such that they need to -always- be explained through waifu appeal whenever they appear/are being considered hypothetically? I find it a very loaded (and telling) term whenever someone chooses to predicate their discussion of such appearances by labeling the very prospect of any additional female character in this way. To say nothing of it being a rather irrational suggestion that doesn't hold water under examination: if Namco only wants to add female characters because they sell better because all male fans are this easily manipulated, and care more about a digital doll than they do the mechanics and other (non-gender-oriented) aesthetics of a character, then why isn't the roster overwhelmingly female?

Last edited:
Here's a more express/conceise break down of my priorities for a season 3 (or any further new content, for that matter), in descending order of priority:
  • New playable characters/movesets (obviously we only get a set number of these per season, but my point in listing this first is to underscore that the movesets themselves need to get the fullest weight of focus).
  • General balancing of the gameplay, improvements to the core mechanics, new moves and augmentation of existing characters
  • F#%&ing frame data, already.
  • New stages and refinements on the clarity of the far background elements on the console versions, even if it means slightly longer load times (god, the blur can really handicap what is otherwise starting to be improved stage design).
  • Improvements to netcode and matchmaking.
  • Team battle and survival modes.
  • More alternate stage/win conditions for quick battles.
  • Edgemaster as a freebie.
  • An additional weapon for each moveset.
  • More CaS options: not just equipment (which should veer away from modern soon--I was happy for that trend longer than most, but even I agree we have to get back more to legacy period attire), but also objects, patterns, stickers, faces, voices, hairstyles, editor options, the works.
  • I'm sure I'm forgetting a half dozen things that should go down here near the end, but I think I've hit all the major point.

As for character selection, my dream composition would be Aeon, Rock, Viola and a guest (still pulling for Tifa! You know what I mean--get your minds out of the gutter!). Viola is somwhat unlikely, but since the tease of her storyline has at least kinda-sorta left the door open, and since we are talking about my wishlist regardless, I'm finagling her in, along with the three other characters I think are locks. It's a tough call though--I'd almost just as soon take Li Long. And Yun-seong would be perfectly fine.

On a side note, I personally find it a little obnoxious/indicative of bias when people use terms like "waifu" as their default whenever refering the very notion of additional female characters--especially considering there are presently significantly more male than female characters in the roster, and this has never not been the case for any game in the series. It seems to belittle the very idea of a female presence in the game as something that is only worth doing for sexual titillation, rather than it just being an element of representation that has been a part of every fighter ever created--for fairly obvious reasons.

I mean, it's not like historical accuracy or newtonian/biomechanical realities are something we can fall back on in the case of Soulcalibur, to explain why women are out of place (faithful history and realistic physics and physiology are the very subjects Soulcaibur most famously ignores in cavalier fashion), so why should women be marked out as the less reasonable choice for an empty character slot, such that they need to -always- be explained through waifu appeal whenever they appear/are being considered hypothetically? I find it a very loaded (and telling) term whenever someone chooses to predicate their discussion of such appearances by labeling the very prospect of any additional female character in this way. To say nothing of it being a rather irrational suggestion that doesn't hold water under examination: if Namco only wants to add female characters because they sell better because all male fans are this easily manipulated, and care more about a digital doll than they do the mechanics and other (non-gender-oriented) aesthetics of a character, then why isn't the roster overwhelmingly female?
I really want Rock and Viola. I'm glad I'm not alone at this.

... if Namco only wants to add female characters because they sell better because all male fans are this easily manipulated, and care more about a digital doll than they do the mechanics and other (non-gender-oriented) aesthetics of a character, then why isn't the roster overwhelmingly female?

I think the point is more that one-off character sales are more easily secured when they're for female characters. I don't know how true that is, but the fact that enough players have bought DoA DLC in the past to make it a profitable approach for them does make one wonder ...

But I admit I would love to see Viola. I just hope @DanteSC3 doesn't get mad if I'm happy for she being wrong in case of Viola being revealed, which won't probably happen anyway...

For DLC offerings, yes, but overall cast, still no. We would need an all-female season three to bring the roster into a perfect balance.

Males (16): Mitsurugi, Maxi, Voldo, Siegfried, Kilik, Yoshimitsu, Nightmare, Astaroth, Cervantes, Raphael, Zasalamel, Grøh, Azwel, Geralt, Haohmaru, Hwang
Females (12): Seong Mi-na, Taki, Sophitia, Ivy, Xianghua, Talim, Tira, 2B, Amy, Cassandra, Hilde, Setsuka

For DLC offerings, yes, but overall cast, still no. We would need an all-female season three to bring the roster into a perfect balance.

Males (16): Mitsurugi, Maxi, Voldo, Siegfried, Kilik, Yoshimitsu, Nightmare, Astaroth, Cervantes, Raphael, Zasalamel, Grøh, Azwel, Geralt, Haohmaru, Hwang
Females (12): Seong Mi-na, Taki, Sophitia, Ivy, Xianghua, Talim, Tira, 2B, Amy, Cassandra, Hilde, Setsuka
Well, comparing to other fighting games, Soulcalibur VI is still not as disproportionate in terms of male and female characters...

Why Rock over Yun-seong?
I haven't given up on my character or I'm using reverse psychology, but I don't know how Hwang is in SC6. All this 'Hwang or Yun-seong' could result into a Hwang with crane stance. If until now Project Soul didn't know how to deal with Rock I don't know if they knew how to change Yun-seong at their level to stop being seen as the same character.
Unlike characters like Cassandra, Aeon or Amy, instead of receiving new moves he loses his, although it was good to make him different from Xianghua, he will still seem like a more 'refined' version of Hwang without :sc3hwang1: key moves. I don't think changing his animations is going to be enough and changing his weapon is not an option. Just looking at a lot of Hwang fans would prefer his version of SC 2, which is basically the same as Hwang, or at least it's the closest, but we don't need a discont Hwang. I think :sc2yun2: deserves to have his own identity, just as Xianghua has her own color to the point that people don't bother with her and Hwang in the same game.
If Project Soul can do that now, yes, let him come, but if not, I prefer to wait for SC 7.

and I don't know if he's loved enough for people to want to pay for another Korean male character instead someone more unique like Algol, Z.W.E.I., Viola.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rock was literally robbed 3 times:
  1. Bangoo don't appear in SC 5;
  2. He isn't in Lost Sword, even he beat Cassandra in LS Poll;
  3. He isn't in SC 6, which is the game he is actually important, since he defeat the Base Vert (Aeon).
I don't like Astaroth, I want justice! :sc5pat1:

Last edited:
I don’t think we’ll get a new character AND a guest I think it’s one or the other.

Remember that they aren’t making a whole lot of new graphical assets for SC6 DLC aside from 1P outfits, stages and guest characters. I don’t think they will go crazy with a brand new character until SC7 when they have the budget.

I know that recent leak with dampierre was debunked but it’s making me feel like Lizardman could actually get screwed out of the DLC. Maybe because it’s hard to make a story for a grunting lizard?

This reminded me of the reason why I hate fanservice (for both genders). It feels like the female character must be young, supermodel and barely clothed to get popularity, rather than her fighting style, personality or story. It's really annoying...

This reminded me of the reason why I hate fanservice (for both genders). It feels like the female character must be young, supermodel and barely clothed to get popularity, rather than her fighting style, personality or story. It's really annoying...
Maybe I'm weird but I tend to dislike fanservice characters. Luckily I don't enjoy Ivy's playstyle. Setsuka was less fanservicey and just outright badass, imo for this game.

Back