[Seattle, WA] Ragin' in the Rain

so far we have me, krynxe, jdaco, harry, harry's friend, blaccy, shujinkydink, and three others confirmed via facebook. i might have "paul who plays omega" as well. that makes ten. looks like just brownies this time.

i will post recipe and tips after the tourney.

$20 says I'll just guard everything and still get fucked up lol -- But fuck if I'm not gonna give Cam a hell of a fight (or try to), same with Jdaco! And thanks Cam, send me a note at what time I should expect you coming by tomorrow.

i would not want to take any of those bets. brownies are done and setting right now.
heaton is missing out on these tasties, that is for sure.

harry, i would like to see you try to fuck us up. :)

It's been a little bit since my last post. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and I'm really hoping we can make this a big one. If you know anyone else in the area who might be interested in this, please invite them to this event!

We'll be starting at 3pm sharp, so please make sure you register by 2:30pm. Registration can be done through Facebook, phone [ (425) 775-2240, please leave us your names], or in person.

Finally, we are also looking for setups! If you own a monitor, PS3, and/or discs for this game, please bring it with you!

HI CAM!!!
I got $20 saying Cam face rapes you. Lol
Cam ain't got shit on me! I played him back in January and he beat me but not by much. This time I ain't so scruby, so I'll gladly take your 20 dollas GO. Ya'll don't know how cheap a mofo I am. Make ya'll brownies taste salty, while mine taste of sweet victory and savory scrub tears.

GG's everyone had a lot of fun. You guys missed the best part. My friend got drunk off his ass. Could barely speak right. And as for Cam, my leg hurt, sun was in my eyes, screen was too bright. etc.

GG's everyone had a lot of fun. You guys missed the best part. My friend got drunk off his ass. Could barely speak right. And as for Cam, my leg hurt, sun was in my eyes, screen was too bright. etc.
Ahem... You can just give that $20 to Cam. Tell him from me with love.

Blaccy, I'll try to pick you up around 1:15 or 1:30.

Hi John! I heard you moved to Atlanta or something, how's that working out? Finally get away from the drizzle?
Hey Cam, I'm actually in TX for the time being. It's cool and all as you know I do love my city. But it's only a temporary stay. See you still beating the breaks off these rookies. Good man!

He got lucky I decided not to work on anti-algol beforehand. On another note were the hell is that brownie recipe Pie was talking about posting up. Needz my sweetz.

I still can't believe I took 3rd in that... I keep doing better the less I play Lol!

Though I bet if I practice I could get JG:iCS... and that would be straight scary =D

loz, when is the next event?

had a great time this weekend, i am glad we got so many people out. evan, you need to play with us more. good games, everyone.

looks like honey lemon pound cake for the next one. i am taking suggestions too.

brownie recipe:

this is lightly modified from my cooking idol, alton brown.

ingredients:
4 large eggs
1 cup golden brown sugar*
1 cup granulated sugar
8 oz salted butter, melted
1 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened, sifted
1/2 cup flour, sifted
2 or 3 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt

instructions:
1. preheat the oven to 300F. grease (butter or cooking spray, i prefer the latter) a 9 x 13 pan.
2. melt butter. make sure to let stand for at least five minutes.
3. in a stand mixer (or you can use a hand mixer, or mix by hand) beat eggs until they are light yellow and slightly puffy.
4. add both sugars and mix to combine.
5. add remaining ingredients, mix.
6. pour batter into pan. bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out mostly clean.
7. DO NOT EAT IMMEDIATELY unless you want sad brownies that fall apart :(

tips:
-trust your oven. i had to use krynxe's oven which is super hot so i baked at 270F with the rack the slot above center. make any adjustments you need. learn what works and what does not. sometimes recipes fail.
-*golden brown sugar is also known as light brown sugar. brown sugar is pretty much just sugar mixed with a bit of molasses. brown sugar, or dark brown sugar usually has a stronger flavor, and in general i prefer the light brown sugar for most things, but it is ultimately personal preference.
-golden brown sugar tends to oxidize and create lumps of inedible sugar. be sure to remove any chunks that you find. a way to identify them is a darker color, and that when light pressure is applied, it does not crumble.
-before adding your brown sugar, always make sure you break it down. i do not really recommend sifting brown sugar as it never goes well, but at least make sure there are no big clumps.
-DO NOT REMOVE YOUR BROWNIES FROM THE PAN UNTIL THEY ARE COMPLETELY COOL. the nature of brownies is that they are supposed to be a touch underdone when you take them out of the oven, and the residual heat finishes them up. when you cut the brownies early, they revert into a batterlike state. i know that hot brownies sound yummy in the tummy, but just do not do it.

Back